Jul 06, 2015, 08:29 PM
the video looks shaky a little. any idea about the gimbal?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2015, 05:08 AM
@FyreSG, you can reflash you the FC at least with the former Firwmare
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Jul 07, 2015, 09:27 AM
With balanced props .... it's more smoother

Wingsland scarlet minivet raw footage demo flight with balanced props (Courtesy Banggood) (3 min 1 sec)

EDIT: I reflashed the former F/W associated with my Hardware version and no more problem with my minivet
Last edited by SeByDocKy; Jul 07, 2015 at 09:53 AM.
Jul 08, 2015, 08:24 AM
Hi, did the quad stay in the air for 20mins as advertised?
Jul 08, 2015, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsum
Hi, did the quad stay in the air for 20mins as advertised?
Hummm more 15min for sure than 20min ....
Jul 10, 2015, 09:36 PM
Anyone have problems with the battery and charger? I flew mine once. The next day i went to charge, and it's giving me the error flashes. Will not charge at all. Not sure if its the battery or the charger. I just sent an email to banggood to see what they can do.
Jul 10, 2015, 10:11 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
I have charged it for more than 10 times and my charger and battery work fine. How much charge was left in the battery before you charge it the next time? How long did you wait before you charge it the next time? The battery shouldn't be left fully charged or completely discharged for extended periods. I always keep it at "2 or 3 LEDs" full when unused.
Jul 10, 2015, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
I have charged it for more than 10 times and my charger and battery work fine. How much charge was left in the battery before you charge it the next time? How long did you wait before you charge it the next time? The battery shouldn't be left fully charged or completely discharged for extended periods. I always keep it at "2 or 3 LEDs" full when unused.
Did you solve your gimbal bad F/W version ?
Jul 10, 2015, 11:54 PM
My gimbal can move and down. I panicked earlier so I mistakenly left the switch at Settings, and that doesn't move the gimbal.

The only problem now is calibration. It doesn't work. The staff sent me a calibration link and towards the end it shows their gimbal software having 2 additional tabs: Parameters and Pid&Motors. At Pid&Motors, I can manually define the position of the gimbal. I need that software. They haven't sent that to me.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI4MTUwODIxMg==.html

I have the correct FC firmware and things seem to work. After fixing the gimbal then I'll do a test flight.
Jul 11, 2015, 01:28 AM
Quote:
My gimbal can move and down. I panicked earlier so I mistakenly left the switch at Settings, and that doesn't move the gimbal.

The only problem now is calibration. It doesn't work. The staff sent me a calibration link and towards the end it shows their gimbal software having 2 additional tabs: Parameters and Pid&Motors. At Pid&Motors, I can manually define the position of the gimbal. I need that software. They haven't sent that to me.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI4MTUwODIxMg==.html

I have the correct FC firmware and things seem to work. After fixing the gimbal then I'll do a test flight.
But your gimbal still have a 45 degrees bias ?
Jul 11, 2015, 01:47 AM
Yes. That should be fixed by calibration or motor settings. I need the new version of the gimbal software.
Jul 11, 2015, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Yes. That should be fixed by calibration or motor settings. I need the new version of the gimbal software.
Please share to us this new version of the gimbal software when available
Jul 11, 2015, 03:57 AM
Quote:
I only charged it once. Flew it until it was at 3 led's. Flew it yesterday. Started at 3 led's, and seemed as though the battery died within a short time and auto landed. Tried charging the battery later in the night, but thats when I got the flashing error lights, then charger stops.

In the mean time, I rigged the Scarlet to accept regular Lipos, so i dont have to wait or worry about the proprietary battery from Wingsland. Banggood doesnt accept fast shipping for batteries, and it looks like they dont have the spare chargers in yet. I'll be using a couple 3000mah batteries I have on hand, but will go to Hobbyking to see what bigger batteries I can use.
Jul 11, 2015, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseo54
I
In the mean time, I rigged the Scarlet to accept regular Lipos, so i dont have to wait or worry about the proprietary battery from Wingsland. Banggood doesnt accept fast shipping for batteries, and it looks like they dont have the spare chargers in yet. I'll be using a couple 3000mah batteries I have on hand, but will go to Hobbyking to see what bigger batteries I can use.
Can you post here some photos of your mods ? And maybe share your feedbacks, videos ?
Jul 11, 2015, 10:17 AM

Official gimbal calibration video

How to Calibrat the Gimbal for Wingsland Scarlet Minivet (3 min 17 sec)

From the video description, the link to download the gimbal software: http://1drv.ms/1TquUML