Wingsland Scarlet Minivet (Under construction) - Page 165 - RC Groups
Jun 16, 2017, 02:35 AM
Still working on it, will let you know Christian & Luis.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2017, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrespect
Hello!
Can you send me some gimbal firmware?
The microcontroller was defective, I replaced it, but I have to program it.
I do not need Update fw, I need a full dump file.
Hi Disrespect

so you replaced the entire gimbal board? or just a component?

how did you diagnose it?

please share your skill.

Is the full dump file extractable from the gimbal or does it need to be a factory sent file?

regards
Jorg
Jun 17, 2017, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Yogi Bear
Hi Disrespect

so you replaced the entire gimbal board? or just a component?

how did you diagnose it?

please share your skill.

Is the full dump file extractable from the gimbal or does it need to be a factory sent file?

regards
Jorg
I broke my drone!
I've done almost everything.
But one arm of the gimbal vibrates when I calibrate.
I switched two engine drives (DVR8313) but it was not good.
Only the microcontroller was left.
When I removed, I saw 3 feet down.
I changed the microcontroller (STM32F103RBT6) but I have to program it.
I've asked for help from the wingsland support several times.
But I always got the answer to send the drone to them and then they'll do it.
Unfortunately, the update file does not include the full software.
I need to have the file that is being loaded in the factory.
Or a open-source program that can be good for the Wingsland Gimbal.
Jun 17, 2017, 03:38 PM
Hi Disrespect

I don't think wingsland have the information

from what I could gather the gimbal is made by another manufacturer and supplied as a complete part

So you can't clone the micro-controller's information, only a new flash is possible?

You may be better off buying second hand drone as spare parts like I have.

regards
Jorg
Jun 19, 2017, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARSON CHRISTIAN
Hello rubbishcop,

Could you solve it ?
Regards,
Christian
Dear Christian, You solved it, my $A899 Minivet is working now as you said, select R1, 0 or R1, 1. As Homer Simpson, Head Slap, D'oh.

Thankyou Christian for your concern and time to reply to my post.

The other older model $A50 Minivet we found out when we opened it had been crashed before I got it, (has a broken top arm and some scratches), needs a new Gimbal complete, we diagnosed by trying a new gimbal, so I will save it for spare parts.

I will be at our Club. [ pdarcs.com.au ] tomorrow test flying my Quads.
Last edited by rubbishcop; Jun 19, 2017 at 10:01 AM.
Jun 19, 2017, 02:10 PM
christian
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbishcop
Dear Christian, You solved it, my $A899 Minivet is working now as you said, select R1, 0 or R1, 1. As Homer Simpson, Head Slap, D'oh.

Thankyou Christian for your concern and time to reply to my post.

The other older model $A50 Minivet we found out when we opened it had been crashed before I got it, (has a broken top arm and some scratches), needs a new Gimbal complete, we diagnosed by trying a new gimbal, so I will save it for spare parts.

I will be at our Club. [ pdarcs.com.au ] tomorrow test flying my Quads.
Hello,
I am very happy to know this ! It was only switch position and not a electronics problem.
About other, Gimbal alone is very expensive.
Good luck !
Regards,
Christian.
Jun 19, 2017, 04:56 PM
Great to hear you fixed yours, rubbishcop ! =)

Just an update on my minivet.

After I shipped it back (only the body), they confirmed the problem with the gimbal was in the electronics (did not specify part) and they said they will replace the gimbal.

I got my minivet back today and realized that they did not replace the gimbal, they sent me an entire new drone. I noticed first cause mine had some marks on the arms and a small scratch on top, but then I confirmed by checking the serial number. That was very nice of them actually. Still need to test it flying but we will keep you posted.
Jun 20, 2017, 08:51 AM
Good news Luis JLR for you. Also great help from RC Groups to get my Minivet updated and gimbal instructions given and learnt, especially Christian who sorted me out. We have 3 Webcams at pdarcs.com.au I will wave at you all on Hay Shed Cam when I go in Hay Shed. Come and fly there with us?

Minivet test flew like a dream today in windy conditions, I am happy because on Saturday I have to fly over my friends new house being built for some still photos and video of the construction.
Jun 22, 2017, 01:32 AM

Wingsland MINIVET Gimbal issue

All,

I have been following the Gimbal issue to attempt to fix mine. I had the drone out for two flights to figure out all of the ins and outs.

Came back and landed, tipped over from a gust. Now my camera image is 90 degrees twisted to the right (everything is sideways), and the Gimbal is doing a dance.

I have run the FW update, flight calibration, gimbal calibration 10 times, and the tried everything that I have seen available on the subject.

The Gimbal still dances and the camera video is still on it's side.

Any help out there?

dunnman99@yahoo.com
Last edited by dunnman99; Jun 22, 2017 at 01:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Jun 23, 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnman99
All,

I have been following the Gimbal issue to attempt to fix mine. I had the drone out for two flights to figure out all of the ins and outs.

Came back and landed, tipped over from a gust. Now my camera image is 90 degrees twisted to the right (everything is sideways), and the Gimbal is doing a dance.

I have run the FW update, flight calibration, gimbal calibration 10 times, and the tried everything that I have seen available on the subject.

Any help out there?

dunnman99@yahoo.com
check this and see if applies to your issue.
"https://youtu.be/LihvMJVxPGE"
Jun 24, 2017, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=dunnman99;37770935

Hi Dunman, If you remove gimbal ensure you pull big connector STRAIGHT up to get it off board, if not you may break end of plastic socket and also bend tiny pin. To remove, use shortened 90deg hex driver on small bolts. To remove black plastic bolts, inspect carefully with lens look for flaps on washers locking onto black bolts, and use two T pins in join of retaining flaps/ bolt intersection with the washers which have the retaining flaps integral with the washers. Push in T pins in intersections one each side, then pull washer off black bolt.
Can't help with shakes, my other Minivet has a faulty gimbal still I am working on. Good luck.
Jun 24, 2017, 04:31 PM
christian
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnman99
All,

Any help out there?

dunnman99@yahoo.com
Hello dunnman99,

Please check following point which is included in the attached document...

 Rudder direction calibration
After the Gimbal calibration, if the camera orientation is not on the correct direction, change the Yaw Adjust number to calibrate the direction. The default adjustment parameter is 170, ranging from 0 to 340. Change the Yaw Adjust number until the camera orientation points the correct ahead position of aircraft.

This is very important. The value must be changed according to straight position. Repeat if necessary until totally straight. Close soft, open again and test again.
Good luck.
Christian.
Jun 25, 2017, 06:33 AM

Gimbal fixed

Several issues came up, the main one being loose connectors.

The second issue is binding and orientation of the gimbal. Once I got all of the connectors in completely, I noticed the gimbal had binding isses in the gimbal causing shakes. Once i cleaned out the gimbals and removed binding it worked just fine.
Jun 25, 2017, 06:41 AM

Looking for 2.4G receiver

All,

Tonight during a full 5.8G and 2.4G antenna upgrade the IPEX connector on the 2.4G board in side the drone came completely off of the PCB and took green material with it...Not likely to be repairable.

Anyone know where to get a new Rcvr daughter card? Will something else work in it's place with the original controller?
Jun 25, 2017, 06:51 AM
Samuel,

I modded the 5.8ghz fpv and got decent results with in place tx and rx....but I was upgrading the antennas on the 2.4g rcv daughter board and the IPEX vconnector completely tore off the pcb along with green material....

Do you know any 2.4g rcv boards that would interchange and allow use of the original controller? Do you know where to get components for this thing?