May 29, 2015, 08:40 PM
Thread OP
New Product

GO -> fly DLG - ArmSoar Composite Gliders

The GO DLG is a upcoming glider we are distributing aimed to lower to DLG entry barrier. DLG entry cost has risen steadily over the last several years, with very few new models arriving on the scene to take advantage of new building techniques and production to lower costs.

With the GO, our goal is to provide an affordable, good-quality, easy-to-fly DLG, that doesn't give up too much in performance compared to the models twice its price.

One-piece molded wing construction with CNC milled solid foam core was chosen to provide the best finish and accuracy. Reducing structural requirements leads to the ability to not have to use the lightest/strongest/most expensive materials, so while keeping the area of a modern high aspect ratio wing (19.5 dm^2), the span was reduced to 1.3 meters. In addition to reducing the structural loads on the wing, this makes the wing chord wider, making the plane easier to fly and more forgiving to errors in flight.

Due to the molded nature of the wing, inherently there is less building/assembly required compared to the typical bagged DLG in the price range.

The GO will be $2,550 HKD (~$329 USD) shipped world-wide.
Standard colors are: Fl. Orange, Fl. Pink, Fl. Green, Fl. Purple, Yellow, Light Blue.

I expect sales to commence in about 1.5 - 2 weeks.

Here is the latest prototype from the factory, just out of the molds. TE core thickness still needs a little bit of tweaking but overall things are very close. Once it is ready for order, I will let you all know and add the info to my website!

Happy thermals,

Thomas Lee

** My settings:

CG: 68 mm

Camber:
Speed: Up 1 mm
Cruise: Down 1 mm
Float: Down 3 mm

Throws:
Speed: Up 9 mm, down 7 mm, no rudder mix
Cruise: Up 7 mm, down 9 mm, 6 mm rudder mix at full deflection
Float: Up 5 mm, down 11 mm, 6 mm rudder mix at full deflection
Last edited by ThomasLee; Jul 10, 2015 at 04:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2015, 08:45 PM
RC Sailplane Pilot
Looks nice, Thomas.

Will the wing alone be available for sale and if so what will the price be?

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
May 29, 2015, 08:47 PM
Thread OP
Hi Ryan, at the moment not although replacement parts will eventually be made available. No pricing yet, but I would say it would be in the neighborhood of $250 ish (shipped).
May 29, 2015, 09:49 PM
great idea
May 29, 2015, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
.. Reducing structural requirements leads to the ability to not have to use the lightest/strongest/most expensive materials,
If so, why is a sweep on the wing ? Any reason for that unfavourable geometry ?
Same question for the lift distribution.
May 29, 2015, 11:44 PM
Thread OP
1. Improved stability in certain flight regimes, 2. Improved power transfer for launch height, 3. It's darn cool.

All 3 we believe are quite important for the initial 'hook' factor
May 30, 2015, 12:33 AM
ok.... especially no.3 ....
May 30, 2015, 12:36 AM
Loving it man.....should be a top seller and get more people hooked
May 30, 2015, 12:44 AM

go-> fly Dlg

Any pic`s of de Fuse /Tails
Logink good Thomas

deltafly ch
May 30, 2015, 01:41 AM
Thread OP
No 'nice' pics yet, but once I get everything on hand I will do a thorough build and photo log of the plane

It is a 2-piece fuse with colored pod matching the wings, aluminum wing mounts, and white film-covered balsa tails.

4-in-pod with simple mechanics, AUW is approximately 250 grams (19.5 dm^2).
May 30, 2015, 02:03 AM
aka KF7DS
Very nice
May 30, 2015, 02:40 AM
Must Luv DLG
+1

Go-Thomas-Go
May 30, 2015, 02:45 AM
Thread OP

Cantonese pronounciation: go
Translation: High
May 30, 2015, 05:43 AM
usaf3kteam
looks great cheers
May 30, 2015, 12:56 PM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Desperately needed. Can't wait to see one in person.

Tom

Quick Reply