This thread is privately moderated by blade strike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 26, 2015, 08:45 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

DJI Phantom 3 HDMI Upgrade Board

Just received my Phantom 3 HDMI upgrade board. I thought I would do a quick post to show how simple this upgrade is as long as you take it slow.

First the board and cover

To get started remove the rear port cover plate, 4 1.5mm hex screws

Now the part that people should pay attention to. If you haven't worked with these type of ribbon connector before please take your time. On the opposite side of the ribbon is a little black tap. Use either a tip of razor blade or a VERY small flat head screw driver to flip these up, to the unlocked position. There are 3 tabs to unlock

Make sure all tabs are flipped completely up to the unlocked position

Disconnect the 3 ribbon cables and remove the 3 screw, the board will now be completely removed.

Install the new board but connect the large ribbon cable first, this will make thing much easier

Connect the last 2 ribbon cables and secure the board with the 3 star screws. Make sure you lock the ribbon connectors securely . They will lay completely flat.

Last step is to install the port cover plate. Line up the connectors and apply a light amount of pressure to see if it seats correctly. Don't not force it!!! Use the 4 1.5mm hex screws to secure the cover.

All done Please feel free to post any questions about the install. I would rather have people ask than damage something. But its a super easy install so you all should be fine
Last edited by blade strike; May 26, 2015 at 10:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2015, 08:55 PM
This is so exciting! Any idea of when they'll be available?
May 26, 2015, 09:01 PM
can we use usb and hdmi at the same time to have a second monitor?
May 26, 2015, 09:03 PM
PP-ASEL
Awesome post. Excellent tutorial as well blade strike.

Thanks for the closeup pictures.

Ok I see USB, HDMI, mini, what is the fourth for external power?
Last edited by Sonar5; May 26, 2015 at 09:12 PM.
May 26, 2015, 09:10 PM
I'd rather be flying
Excellent. Can't wait to buy one! What is the connector between the two USB connectors??
May 26, 2015, 09:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti
can we use usb and hdmi at the same time to have a second monitor?
Edited just checked.
Usb and hdmi is dual output is currently not available. I know I get this on the inspire but you must enable it. So let me verify that it is only a fw upgrade required to get dual video display.
Last edited by blade strike; May 26, 2015 at 09:23 PM.
May 26, 2015, 09:12 PM
Is there a part number and expected availability date?
May 26, 2015, 09:15 PM
Price? Also noted that it has an additional port like the inspire remote
May 26, 2015, 09:19 PM
I see an HDMI port, a micro-USB port, a CAN-Bus Port, and USB port.

What is the CAN-Bus port used for?
May 26, 2015, 09:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbip57
I see an HDMI port, a micro-USB port, a CAN-Bus Port, and USB port.

What is the CAN-Bus port used for?
Haven't heard.. When asked back a few months on the inspire they said possible future uogrades
May 26, 2015, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Edited just checked.
Usb and hdmi is dual output is currently not available. I know I get this on the inspire but you must enable it. So let me verify that it is only a fw upgrade required to get dual video display.
Huh? What's the point then. Let's hope they get you that firmware

PRICE?????
May 26, 2015, 09:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdnyfish
Is there a part number and expected availability date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirious1
Price? Also noted that it has an additional port like the inspire remote
I will see if I can get a price for you.. It should be available shortly but I dont not want to give a time frame.
May 26, 2015, 09:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirious1
Huh? What's the point then. Let's hope they get you that firmware

PRICE?????
Yeah really sure its just a fw issue. Just like the inspire tx, you have to turn on this function. Since in the p3 side of the app has no menu for this, I'm stuck.

You do still get all app options and telemetry on the smart device.
May 26, 2015, 09:36 PM
Thanks. Just a rough guess
May 26, 2015, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Yeah really sure its just a fw issue. Just like the inspire tx, you have to turn on this function. Since in the p3 side of the app has no menu for this, I'm stuck.
Yeah, when the P3 is on, I don't have that menu on the inspire remote. When it's off, the app reverts to an inspire menu and I can turn it on. App senses remote type and you are stuck till they give you the firmware to activate that menu. Ask them to release it to everybody. Some are using inspire remotes and want that menu on all the time

Quick Reply