Sep 17, 2015, 07:10 PM
ET
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzerj

I think we should have Zoom Police, we are watching you
Zoom Police with shotguns. Walt runs a tight ship!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2015, 01:05 PM
drtodd
I'll be there tomorrow. Having ESL login problems, but I will register as soon as they are corrected.
Sep 18, 2015, 04:51 PM
drtodd
I finally was able to register, but esl entered me as a novice. You can change that to expert, Walt.
Thanks
Sep 18, 2015, 05:34 PM
De Chelonian Mobile!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdemarcodc
I finally was able to register, but esl entered me as a novice. You can change that to expert, Walt.
Thanks
It'll be great having you there, Todd!
Sep 19, 2015, 07:04 PM
De Chelonian Mobile!
Thread OP

Saturday report

We had to start late (at 10:30 instead of 09:00) because of heavy fog, but the weather was beautiful and the lift was excellent for the rest of the day. Twenty-one pilots competed, and everybody had a good time.

Grillmeister Ed outdid himself with a wonderful lunch and dinner.

Pictures of the smiling trophy winners are attached below, along with a PDF of the final scores.

Tomorrow's weather should be cooler, less foggy, and much breezier. Can't wait!

-- Walt
Sep 19, 2015, 07:31 PM
Awesome flying today! This is my first ALES contest and I didn't start out too well, but I think I improved throughout the day. Big thanks to all the timers who helped me out today too. I learn something new on almost every flight. Lunch and dinner were great; thanks Ed! , and I look forward to some more flying tomorrow.

Best,
Sean
Sep 19, 2015, 07:41 PM
I came in 22nd, hope to improve on that tomorrow...

Anatol
aka Pilot A
Sep 20, 2015, 08:10 PM
De Chelonian Mobile!
Thread OP

Sunday results

We flew six rounds on Sunday. The day started cloudy and cool, with a strong breeze (10-13 kt) from the north. The clouds broke after lunch, and the wind moderated a little, but conditions remained cool, gusty, and 'interesting'.

A number of pilots flew foamies, but Sean Belardo dominated the weekend with his Calypso and managed to win the coveted "Best Foamie" Pilsner glass.

Photos of the happy winners, along with round scores and weekend scores, are attached.

-- Walt
Sep 20, 2015, 08:33 PM
Great job Walt!!
Sep 21, 2015, 05:33 AM
Thermal Hunter
Had a Great time !

Big thanks to Walt and SKSS Crew for the event
Sep 21, 2015, 06:26 AM
AMA 7224
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel
Had a Great time !

Big thanks to Walt and SKSS Crew for the event
I'll second this. Well done.
Latest blog entry: 1938 Rambler build
Sep 21, 2015, 07:01 AM
Great event. Looking forward to next time.
Thanks, Kerry
Sep 21, 2015, 08:26 AM
Soaring Nut

Good Fun

Many thanks to SKSS for a great event. Glad to report that no trees claimed ownership of my planes this year

Already looking forward to next year.

Tom
Sep 21, 2015, 08:35 AM
Model Flight Addict
Thank you Walt, Sharon, and SKSS for running a great contest! Additional thanks go out to those who timed and advised me. For me, ALES contests are always a learning experience and a great way to get out of doing the weekend chores.

-Ray
Sep 21, 2015, 12:18 PM
ET
Very well run contest by Walt and excellent score keeping by Sharon. Kudos to Sharon for sacrificing her weekend to help out.

Not to forget Ed, who fed everyone and made it look easy. You rule!

Great weather too. Perfect weekend even if I didn't get my "Most Improved" trophy.

Eric
Last edited by eteet; Sep 21, 2015 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply