Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jun 19, 2017, 05:04 PM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman222
If you get the Git 2. You ill need a different video cable. The git 2 needs a mini usb instead of a micro usb that you had on your old camera. It is the same style that fits the go pro.
Well, I've ordered the Git2 Pro, 120* field of view. I guess now I need to start looking for that cable.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 07:06 PM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar

New camera, yes. New cable? Not so easy to find.


Well, at least on Amazon, I haven't had much luck finding a mini-USB cable that has the three wire lead to tie into the power and FPV transmitter. However, I did find this 90* mini to micro adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/UCEC-USB-2-0-...ro+usb+adapter

So, I can keep my micro cable and just plug it into the adapter, then with the 90* angle, plug it into the camera without having it stick out so far. What do you think?
Jun 19, 2017, 08:15 PM
Registered User
Dino54's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
Well, at least on Amazon, I haven't had much luck finding a mini-USB cable that has the three wire lead to tie into the power and FPV transmitter. However, I did find this 90* mini to micro adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/UCEC-USB-2-0-...ro+usb+adapter

So, I can keep my micro cable and just plug it into the adapter, then with the 90* angle, plug it into the camera without having it stick out so far. What do you think?
You're actually better off powering the sports cam with its own battery as most of the consumer gimbals are tuned with the weight of the battery considered. It also simplifies the connections, all you need is one of these for the Git 2....
Goliton 5.8g Transmitter FPV A/v Video Real-time Output Cable Cord for Gopro Hero 3/3+ Camera -Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G6CDDIW..._Vrhszb7FW9R25
Jun 19, 2017, 09:12 PM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino54
You're actually better off powering the sports cam with its own battery as most of the consumer gimbals are tuned with the weight of the battery considered. It also simplifies the connections, all you need is one of these for the Git 2....
Goliton 5.8g Transmitter FPV A/v Video Real-time Output Cable Cord for Gopro Hero 3/3+ Camera -Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G6CDDIW..._Vrhszb7FW9R25
I saw that. But, the stock FPV transmitter and camera set up with the OEM XK gimbal configuration, even though the camera does have it's own battery, still uses the power transmitted through the FPV transmitter to power turn the camera on. I'd have to scrap my whole FPV system in order to swap one cable.
Jun 19, 2017, 09:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
Well, I've ordered the Git2 Pro, 120* field of view. I guess now I need to start looking for that cable.
My last Git2 I received a couple of months ago came with this adapter cable.
Jun 20, 2017, 07:48 AM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlisch
My last Git2 I received a couple of months ago came with this adapter cable.
That's similar to the cable I need. Mine doesn't need the splitter. But, it's a three lead cable like that, with the same connectors. In the pics of the Git2 I ordered, There was a mention of one in the description. Maybe there willl be one with it that will work with my XK set up.
Last edited by mikelberry; Jun 20, 2017 at 08:02 AM.
Jun 20, 2017, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
That's similar to the cable I need. Mine doesn't need the splitter. But, it's a three lead cable like that, with the same connectors. In the pics of the Git2 I ordered, There was a mention of one in the description. Maybe there willl be one with it that will work with my XK set up.
Any adapter from a micro usb to a mini usb won't work due to the limited amount of connections in the micro USB. ALso the pin 7 on the mini usb has a resister going to the shield of the connector.
Jun 20, 2017, 11:28 AM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman222
Any adapter from a micro usb to a mini usb won't work due to the limited amount of connections in the micro USB. ALso the pin 7 on the mini usb has a resister going to the shield of the connector.
Well, maybe the cable that comes with the Git2 camera will work, if it's included. Also, the adapters that I ordered do have five active pins. Maybe those will be the pins that I need to run the camera with, which only requires three.

Nothing beats a failure, but a try.
Jun 20, 2017, 11:37 AM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar

MAKRC Storm32 3 axis gimbal


Since we've talked a little about that MAKRC 3 axis gimbal, I've been thinking a little more about ordering one and attempting to adapt it to my X380. Since I already have a full OEM XK gimbal and camera set up, this would be purely to see if I could get some smoother pan motion that what a two axis gimbal provides. So, I need some informed opinions and experience from you gentlemen.

1) Does anyone already have experience with this gimbal? If so:
2) How difficult was it to install, program, stabilize, etc.?
3) Did it produce desired results?
4) Did it connect to the pitch controller like the XK gimbal, where you could tilt the camera?
5) I saw where it might be possible to control the gimbal with BlueTooth (or was it WiFi). Is this true? And, how well did it work?
Jun 20, 2017, 04:11 PM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar

Awesome video, made with X380, HAKRC Storm 32 3D gimbal and GoPro Hero4 camera


Guys,

I know this guy did some editing with Adobe Premier. But, his raw video had to be pretty decent to start with. He had the HAKRC gimbal and GoPro Hero 3 on his X380:

XK Detect X380 Showreel - Storm32 Gimbal - GoPro Hero 3 Black - Best footage so far. (2 min 48 sec)
Last edited by mikelberry; Yesterday at 10:18 AM. Reason: to correct typo's
Yesterday, 02:19 PM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar

Rats again!


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelberry
Well, maybe the cable that comes with the Git2 camera will work, if it's included. Also, the adapters that I ordered do have five active pins. Maybe those will be the pins that I need to run the camera with, which only requires three.

Nothing beats a failure, but a try.
My Gitup Git2 Pro camera didn't come with an FPV cable.

So, if this mini-micro USB adapter doesn't work, I'll have to order a cable. Might as well start looking.
Today, 08:10 AM
X8C,G,HG/250R/P3P/SOLO/X380/H8
mikelberry's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman222
Any adapter from a micro usb to a mini usb won't work due to the limited amount of connections in the micro USB. ALso the pin 7 on the mini usb has a resister going to the shield of the connector.
Well, Chickenman, you were right. The mini-micro USB won't carry signal. I don't know what the hell they're good for, unless it's just carrying power. So, I already have some mini-USB cables coming. The saga continues!


Thread Tools