Jul 01, 2015, 08:55 AM
Two questions that I couldn't find answers for:

First is, does this support "follow me" style behaviour at all?

Second question, the controller doesn't seem to have a phone mount on it so how are you supposed to view the copter from first person view? Is there a common mount that can be attached to the controller to view from FPV while controlling it? (I assume the Go-Pro clone it uses on the X380-C uses WiFi).
Last edited by Enverex; Jul 01, 2015 at 10:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2015, 12:52 PM
SJCAM SJ5000 Plus has a good video quality but unfortunately weak WiFi to max 30 meters. If we find something that has a Wi-Fi at a distance of 300-500 meters and you can watch on your mobile phone Galaxy S5 (Android).
Jul 01, 2015, 01:04 PM
But what camera does the X380-C actually come with? Is it a standard WiFi GoPro clone that you connect to your phone? There's a concerning lack of information about it.
Jul 01, 2015, 06:23 PM
No luck with the X380 I received, the LiPo battery seemed to works well (after successfully charging it, my voltmeter showed that the voltage of the LiPo was good)... I was trying to do the first flight but when I connected the battery to the X380, it made an "electric noise" and then the LED went off and nothing else happened.

After this, I checked the battery with my voltmeter for LiPos and... nothing, 0V, the same with my bigger voltmeter... Also I tried to charge the battery after this but no when I plug it to the wall adapter, nothing happens, the LED of the wall adapter remains off...

So I think that the battery of my X380 is dead before I was able to do the first fly...

I sent an email to Banggood with a video of the problem, I'm waiting for their answer now...
Jul 02, 2015, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enverex
Two questions that I couldn't find answers for:

First is, does this support "follow me" style behaviour at all?

Second question, the controller doesn't seem to have a phone mount on it so how are you supposed to view the copter from first person view? Is there a common mount that can be attached to the controller to view from FPV while controlling it? (I assume the Go-Pro clone it uses on the X380-C uses WiFi).
There's no "follow me" functionnality with this quad, sorry.
Generally you can mount screens on the back of the controller, that's why you can't see it.
But I wouldn't mount a phone on it as it suggests that you would use wifi for FPV, wifi is 2.4GHz, just as the controller, so you can't really do that, otherwise you can expect some perturbation and totally lose control of your quad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminicos
SJCAM SJ5000 Plus has a good video quality but unfortunately weak WiFi to max 30 meters. If we find something that has a Wi-Fi at a distance of 300-500 meters and you can watch on your mobile phone Galaxy S5 (Android).
Same thing, wifi FPV is a bad idea, except if you use 5.8GHz

Quote:
But what camera does the X380-C actually come with? Is it a standard WiFi GoPro clone that you connect to your phone? There's a concerning lack of information about it.
It's an SJ4000 like camera, so no wifi, but once again, wifi is not recommended, it's even written in the manual.
Jul 03, 2015, 11:50 AM
I want to buy a camera Walkera iLook+ Updated FPV HD1080P 13Mp Camera DVR w/5.8Ghz Wireless Transmitter and Gimbal this Walkera G-2D Brushless Gimbal (metal version) for iLook/GoPro Hero3 NIB but I am not sure it is supported Android Samsung Galaxy S5 with a 5 GHz Wireless to have video communications with iLook camera? or is only possible with the iPhone and iPad ??
Jul 05, 2015, 02:53 AM

XK Detect X380-C

https://droneflyers.wordpress.com/xk...rc-quadcopter/
I have the XK 380-C and would like to point out the following:
The Circle hovering functionality will be available shortly at the moment it is not available.
The Camera is an SJ 4000.
The X380-C is a fantastic flying machine except for the circle hovering it does everything it should right out of the box and is a dream to fly. I will test with a GoPro 3 in the next few days. Please looks at the video on my page this was shot by someone flying the XK 380-C for the very first time.
The XK Detect is designed for Aerial Photography not FPV. If you are looking for a easy to use, super stable aerial photography platform at a great price then this is for you.
Last edited by Droneguy; Jul 05, 2015 at 02:59 AM. Reason: typo
Jul 05, 2015, 03:09 AM
On a vertical learning curve!
Could you tell me the underbody height?
I have a v303 and its 100mm height. The x380 takes a bigger battery so presumably has longer legs?
Thanks.
Should anyone open their x380 quad I'm keen to know what Flight Controller is in there too?
Jul 05, 2015, 03:33 AM

XK Detect

I think the XK just has a bigger battery compartment than the V303 not longer legs. I may be wrong as I've not compared both side by side. But looking inside the 303 yesterday it seems that way. I don't have the X 380 with me as I'm in the UK perhaps you could measure the 303 legs and I will reply as soon as I'm home later today.
https://droneflyers.wordpress.com/xk...rc-quadcopter/
Jul 05, 2015, 04:01 AM

lack of information?

Quote:
As stated the camera is the SJ 4000 forget Wifi this model is NOT for FPV. The Gimbal will support a GoPro 3
Jul 05, 2015, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droneguy
The XK Detect is designed for Aerial Photography not FPV.
What prevent buy video transmitter and camera and make it self
Last edited by sts_ka; Jul 05, 2015 at 08:48 AM. Reason: error
Jul 05, 2015, 04:22 PM
I'm waiting for my X380C to arrive and would like to pick up a couple of extra batteries. Can anyone suggest a source for a good price on the quad's correct battery?
Jul 05, 2015, 06:15 PM
Ebay shows the following "Venom 1581 3S 11.1V 5400mAh 20C Lipo Battery w/ Universal Plugs" at $49.89.

Anyone know if it's the right size (form factor) for the X380?
Jul 06, 2015, 02:21 AM
These could be another option. It shows they are a smaller size and weight.

Ehang Ghost LiPo Battery / 11.1V 5400mAh / XT60 Interface
Jul 06, 2015, 02:24 AM
A much cheaper option if its the right size and if you're willing to give up 200mAh.

MultiStar High Capacity 3S 5200mAh