May 27, 2015, 03:36 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Thread OP
Predicting flight times is a bit hard, as sometimes I do casual figure eights, and other times it's mostly FFF fly by, at full motor rpm, and hard turns, and some flips. That drains the battery much faster, so if I set the timer to that value, I will limit flight times unneeded when I don't fly that hard. On the X9 and the 6052, when the leds start to flash, you still have time to bring it in, and land it where you want it. And the battery is about at the same voltage after flight as on the 1000, that just dumps the quad.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2015, 06:44 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Is that a Nano QX board?

I flew the JJ1000 and Bayangtoys X9, and earlier today the L6052.
That is indeed a Nano QX board. I find this board to be an excellent companion to my Devo 10.

Here is my current NQX project - Dream Catcher 120mm frame with Micro Motor CL-0720-12 medium speed 7mm motors.

g
Jun 02, 2015, 07:58 AM
Thread OP
Sounds nice. I flew the JJ1000 and the Juncheng 3015-2, in a decent breeze. Both handle well, the 3015 does best, probably because it lacks prop guards, and has a steeper max pitch angle.
Jun 07, 2015, 01:14 AM
Thread OP
Blade Nano QX, JJ1000, Cheerson CX10, Juncheng 3015-2 and Bayangtoys X9. At the start of the day (around 6.45 AM) it was about windless, so I grabbed my chance. Couldn't sleep much longer anyway, as currently the nights are pretty warm, so when you wake up early, it's tossin' and turnin' anyways. So better spend that time flying.
Jun 07, 2015, 01:23 AM
My three favorites to fly are Hoten-X bl/ Ladybirds V1. Then Scorpion Y-6.
not often flown but good are MQX/ V929/ husban X-4. U-816 flys ok but easy to lose sight of and kinda wild flyer. Due mostly to junk toy TX. V262 was Major let down. good flyer but uses one cell motors in a two cell bird.
Jun 07, 2015, 06:47 AM
I fixed up my Hubsan x4 ( bad motor ) and while I was at it I poked all the leds out of their housing and fixed them on the sides. I mean, you spend 99% of the time looking up at it... so it makes sense to me to have the leds where you can see em.

Also took my X6 out for a spin...
Jun 07, 2015, 11:28 AM
Went to a nearby school and flew my EOX' for 2 flights / per (3 birds). I have two set to go for FPV , but going to wait until next week when I have a spotter for their FPV maiden flights. For now, I'm flying them LOS. Even after more than a year, the Eye One Xtremes continue to be a blast to fly.
Jun 07, 2015, 02:29 PM
Dave's not here.
Latrax Alias. MMW 15s. 8 batteries for lots of fun.
Jun 07, 2015, 03:48 PM
EOX on custom frame with 1806-2280 motors. Lifted an sj1000 sport cam with it and shot first vid.
Jun 07, 2015, 03:58 PM
Always Building
This
.|
V
Jun 09, 2015, 04:19 AM
My answer once again is 0. I recently received a Syma X8C in the mail. I wanted to put it together but there was no sign of the screws to attach the landing gear. 24 screws and a screwdriver were meant to be included in the box. I searched thoroughly and there was no sign of them. We've had some really windy days here lately but today was relatively still. I wanted to take advantage of the calm weather and go out flying.

My Syma X1 could potentially have been another option but I'm missing the batteries for it that I ordered from eBay some time ago. I searched for them some more but they didn't turn up.

I also contacted the seller of the X8C and informed him of the missing screws and screwdriver. Later he got back to me and told me that they were located on the underside of the foam packaging. I never thought of looking there! By that time however, it was too late in the day to do any flying. I'll have to wait for another calm day.
Jun 09, 2015, 05:10 AM
Thread OP
JJ1000, and Juncheng 3015. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the 3015 whizzing by at full throttle. The props make a swooshing sound as it flies by. Not like the bee-like buzzing that some quads make as sound.
Jun 09, 2015, 11:37 AM
Flew my little Dart 250 at a lake. First time flying over water.

Lake Las Vegas (3 min 34 sec)
Jun 09, 2015, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Bayangtoys X9, JJ1000 and the Eachine H8 Mini. The latter is a nifty little thing, not perfect, but nice.
Jun 10, 2015, 09:04 AM
I maidened my brand new Syma X8C at the local oval today. And I had an audience! A bunch of school kids came up and were very interested. They were asking questions and were really keen to see it fly.

After calibrating the quad and launching it from a level surface, it was flying pretty level. However later on, it was leaning over just before leaving the ground and developing more drift. I hope something is not amiss.

Quick Reply