This thread is privately moderated by ThatsBS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 23, 2015, 11:33 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
New Product

Full review of the Yifei XS-1 Phantom!

This is my full review of the Yifei XS-1 Phantom

I did other flight tests with this and forgot to mention in the review about the flips. The right shoulder button is the flip function and the left shoulder button is the rates function. It has three rates and the yaw changes drastically for each rate.

Quadcopter Review: Yifei XS 1.1 Phantom (17 min 41 sec)

Purchase Link: http://shrsl.com/?~8vw4
Last edited by ThatsBS; Jun 04, 2015 at 10:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2015, 10:27 PM
looks tasty. How does its speed compare to the other cheap quads? Having a full size transmitter is nice. Can it manual flip or is there a a button for it? Thanks for the being the first to review.
May 23, 2015, 10:56 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Thanks! It's quick! Around the speed of the Hubsan X4. I didn't do any flips in the review because I had posted an earlier flight demo with them, and just forgot. The yaw hypnotizes me. Haha. It's an auto flip with a button on the right shoulder. Really tight flips. Give itself a little throttle before each one. Sometimes actually gains altitude on them.
May 25, 2015, 12:47 AM
Just got it! Thanks for the videos , otherwise I will have just passed by
May 25, 2015, 08:25 PM
Vox Furry Regem
I think I just found my next quad. Love that it has good progression through the rates and already have a stocking full of batteries that will fit. The other Yifei model on Gearbest looks like an X5C clone which is no bad thing if it has anything like the flight characteristics. Remote looks the same too so hopefully the same protocol. Does anyone know the protocol type yet?
May 25, 2015, 10:47 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan Animal
I think I just found my next quad. Love that it has good progression through the rates and already have a stocking full of batteries that will fit. The other Yifei model on Gearbest looks like an X5C clone which is no bad thing if it has anything like the flight characteristics. Remote looks the same too so hopefully the same protocol. Does anyone know the protocol type yet?
Not yet on the protocol. Yeah their other models are on the way for me. After this one I have high hopes. Even if the yaw isn't as crazy. Wouldn't be bad at all if they weren't if the pitch is deeper. It is so fun to fly though. Even on low outside it is quick.
May 25, 2015, 11:03 PM
Vox Furry Regem
TinyDeal has different prop guards? Also more expensive.

http://www.tinydeal.com/yi-fei-xs-1-...AUD&ship_to=US
May 25, 2015, 11:35 PM
Hurry up guys! before they do a silent upgrade!

Edmond
May 25, 2015, 11:58 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
TinyDeal has different prop guards? Also more expensive.

http://www.tinydeal.com/yi-fei-xs-1-...AUD&ship_to=US
Oh ugh those are UGLY. I dislike prop guards on the whole, but the ones I got with mine are pretty good as far as they go. Small and light and work well inside.
May 26, 2015, 02:36 AM
Vox Furry Regem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond Y
Hurry up guys! before they do a silent upgrade!

Edmond
That got my ass into gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsBS
Oh ugh those are UGLY. I dislike prop guards on the whole, but the ones I got with mine are pretty good as far as they go. Small and light and work well inside.
I agree. Why would you need prop guards that protect the inside? Useless extra weight.

I just realised I have a transmitter almost identical to that one but I have no idea what it came with or what it binds too?
Last edited by Lycan Animal; May 26, 2015 at 02:54 AM.
May 26, 2015, 07:45 PM
Got one thanks to your video. Maybe you should open a thread on the mini multi forum as it looks like quite a dea,l I got mine for 19 euros!
May 26, 2015, 10:31 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrope1
Got one thanks to your video. Maybe you should open a thread on the mini multi forum as it looks like quite a dea,l I got mine for 19 euros!
Yeah they are a great deal for such an awesome quad!
May 27, 2015, 06:52 PM
Vox Furry Regem
Another quick look courtesy Frequent Flyer RC.

(I can really relate to the pain at the end)

Yi Fei XS.1.1 Maiden Flight (4 min 42 sec)
May 28, 2015, 09:30 PM
Keep`em in the air
Quote:
Another quick look courtesy Frequent Flyer RC.

(I can really relate to the pain at the end)

Mine shipped today. I ordered, yesterday from Gearbest. They got it out quickly.

If you read the comments, Frequent Flyer says it flies better with the Eachine CG022 props. Which is good because I have quite a few.
May 29, 2015, 01:07 AM
Mine shipped yesterday now 6 weeks to wait

Quick Reply