May 22, 2015, 08:25 PM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
Thread OP
Discussion

Anybody else build an Introduction F5J

I was wondering how mine compares to other planes.? And what CG everybody is flying at?
Mine weighs 33oz with a 1300mah battery and a heavier motor than the recommended Hacker.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2015, 09:03 AM
Not sure of what you're asking without more information.
May 23, 2015, 09:35 AM
Thread OP
I was hoping other people build this model and I wanted to see if they think it's competitive.
May 23, 2015, 10:31 AM
Not a popular model here in the states. Is the fuse balsa?
May 23, 2015, 11:29 AM
Thread OP
Fuse is Balsa, Wings are ribs glued to carbon tubes (LE is a carbon rod and TE is plywood), tails are flat balsa build up. Everything goes together just like Legos. Build is fairly quick, but I struggled with the covering, because I haven't done that in years.
May 23, 2015, 01:38 PM
Where did you buy the kit? I'm looking for something like this for myself
May 23, 2015, 01:45 PM
Thread OP
http://www.hoelleinshop.com

It takes about 3 Weeks to get here. You also get to subtract the VAT from the price if you export it.
I think my price was 160ish shipped.
May 24, 2015, 06:35 AM
I see you posted here already..

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...sbericht/page8.
May 24, 2015, 06:49 AM
Thread OP
Yep, found that thread too, lots of good info.
May 24, 2015, 01:03 PM
Might be one of the nicest wooden models I have seen. Looks like it flies great on calm days. Might be a little slow to be a good all around contest model but beautiful regardless. I will definitely get one.
May 24, 2015, 01:44 PM
Thread OP
The Germans are talking about a aileron version coming out too, but they don't know when.
Jun 04, 2015, 03:12 PM
I ordered my kit. Thanks for the tip I probably won't build it this year but I had to buy a spinner and prop from Hoellein for my new 5J model I'm currently working on. I'm going to try and make a build log here. I think I may have the only kit in the United States? I could be wrong about that but I'm pretty sure I have the only one. I'm going to power my Introduction with a Hacker A20-20L that I have in a Taser right now and swap a smaller motor into the Taser. It's way too much for a 500G model. WAY too much. Goes completely vertical. I can't believe that's the suggested power for such a light model. Cheers !
Jun 04, 2015, 07:41 PM
Thread OP
With that motor you might get it under 900g, if you go for the fixed tail and a 1000mAh battery.
Jun 05, 2015, 03:22 PM
Hello from israel
I built and flown the f1j introduction.
I am very satisfied with the kit, as it is a very nice design
With many clever fetures as the wing joining system, very strong and light wing structure that is based on a carbon tube.
The flight quallities are also far beyond my initial expectations. it has a very responsive rudder and
Very good penetration considering the low weight.
Jun 06, 2015, 10:26 AM
Hi again
I just came back from the Israely F5J championship
I used the Introduction for the first 2 rounds in relatively calm weather.
it was OK but in bouth rounds i was concerned about returning from downwind thermals so i came back too early and did not make the full time.
for the last 3 rounds i used my 14 years old self made composeite model that has twice the wing loading...
I placed 3rd overall.

Quick Reply