Jul 17, 2015, 08:19 AM
Thread OP
Now some parts are available: http://www.banggood.com/buy/JJRC-H8D.html
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2015, 08:32 AM
Henny Nande
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content.
Jul 18, 2015, 09:08 PM
Can the H12C transmitter work with the H8C?
Jul 18, 2015, 09:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliteright
Can the H12C transmitter work with the H8C?
Unfortunatly not
Jul 23, 2015, 09:01 PM
Got mine in today. On the 3rd flight, I decided to time the hover time. No prop guard, no camera, no LED. I got right around 8 minutes with stock battery. Of course this is just hovering around.
Jul 23, 2015, 11:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGTO
Got mine in today. On the 3rd flight, I decided to time the hover time. No prop guard, no camera, no LED. I got right around 8 minutes with stock battery. Of course this is just hovering around.
How do you find the H8D in general ?
Jul 24, 2015, 09:50 PM
I like it, very nice flyer. Better than the Syma X5C as far as control. Syma just not responsive enough and too light for wind.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:53 AM
I did this modification to the camera to get a wider field of view. Its magnetic so you can detach it if you dont want to use it. I doubt it will stay on after a hard crash but for cruising and hovering, its perfect. Cost $5.
Last edited by xGTO; Jul 27, 2015 at 01:59 AM.
Aug 03, 2015, 04:57 PM
Considering getting the h8d seems ok for the price. Is there much/any difference between this and the h9d?
Aug 03, 2015, 11:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by read
Considering getting the h8d seems ok for the price. Is there much/any difference between this and the h9d?

In term of FPV, I strongly advice the H8D instead of the H9D. The H8D uses a classic 5.8G analog FPV offering statics in the video when the connexion is bad versus the 2.4G digital FPV of the H9D offering delay/lag when the connexion if bad. In FPV the main leyword is latency.... and it's much more confortable to have 30fps even with a degraded video than a 10fpv with a clean signal
Aug 03, 2015, 11:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xGTO
I did this modification to the camera to get a wider field of view. Its magnetic so you can detach it if you dont want to use it. I doubt it will stay on after a hard crash but for cruising and hovering, its perfect. Cost $5.
Can you post some videos with your mods ?
Aug 04, 2015, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
In term of FPV, I strongly advice the H8D instead of the H9D. The H8D uses a classic 5.8G analog FPV offering statics in the video when the connexion is bad versus the 2.4G digital FPV of the H9D offering delay/lag when the connexion if bad. In FPV the main leyword is latency.... and it's much more confortable to have 30fps even with a degraded video than a 10fpv with a clean signal
Thanks Seby, H8D it is then!!
Aug 04, 2015, 04:56 AM
One more question, ignoring the fpv for a minute - H8D or Syma X5SC?
Purely on flying capabilities both indoor and out. I've read the H8D is a bit better at coping with wind, is that right? Also how do they compare size wise?
Aug 04, 2015, 05:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by read
One more question, ignoring the fpv for a minute - H8D or Syma X5SC?
Purely on flying capabilities both indoor and out. I've read the H8D is a bit better at coping with wind, is that right? Also how do they compare size wise?
In fact the Syma X5SC is not very Wind resistant..... The real competitor of the H8D is the WLtoys V686G.
Aug 04, 2015, 05:50 AM
Ahhhhh....... just when I'd nearly made a decision another choice gets thrown in!! I'll have a look at the 686 then!!
Thanks again Seby.....too much choice in this hobby!!

Quick Reply