This thread is privately moderated by mike_kelly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 02, 2016, 06:49 PM
Official Stupid Question Asker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymack
I did a bunch of position hold flying with no problems. It was only when I accidentally flipped it into RTL that it went down.

My theory is that there was a magnetometer error as shown by doing an auto-analysis on the log. Probably because I discovered my GPS module was upside down the previous flight and so I had flipped it over. It looked like it was still correctly detecting north, south, etc. but apparently not.
After you flipped it over did you also do a full compass calibration?
Also if you did, did you notice that when you started both sets of dots on both globes started at roughly the same position on the globes and not one set at the top of the globe and the other set at the bottom?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2016, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor
After you flipped it over did you also do a full compass calibration?
Also if you did, did you notice that when you started both sets of dots on both globes started at roughly the same position on the globes and not one set at the top of the globe and the other set at the bottom?
No and no
Jan 02, 2016, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymack
No and no
So it's a miracle that it didn't fly back to china then no?

For future reference if you change ANYTHING having to do with the mag you calibrate otherwise you end up with little bitty parts all over the place.
Jan 05, 2016, 04:41 PM

mission planner problem...

Hi! Today arrived my Pixhawk lite from Banggood. Everything working without problem, but I can't see flight modes on mission planner. If I go to full parameters list menu, I can't see any descriptions of parameters... I tried many version of mission planners and arducopter firmware, but can't help.
Jan 05, 2016, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feket663
Hi! Today arrived my Pixhawk lite from Banggood. Everything working without problem, but I can't see flight modes on mission planner. If I go to full parameters list menu, I can't see any descriptions of parameters... I tried many version of mission planners and arducopter firmware, but can't help.
that is a really old version of mission planner, on top of that you are connecting @ 1200 baud. at that rate [if it even connects] it may take minutes for everything to populate.

try again with an updated version of MP and set it to 115200 and make sure you have the proper com port selected.
Jan 05, 2016, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor
that is a really old version of mission planner, on top of that you are connecting @ 1200 baud. at that rate [if it even connects] it may take minutes for everything to populate.

try again with an updated version of MP and set it to 115200 and make sure you have the proper com port selected.
Certainly I tried many versions,
Earlier I was similar problem with APM 2.6 , but a Mission Planner update solve the problem.

Here is the last MP version's display with last arducopter version:
Last edited by feket663; Jan 05, 2016 at 05:24 PM.
Jan 05, 2016, 05:59 PM
Try the following

On MP main screen press CTRL+F and the little window will pop up. Then choose PARAM GEN, wait a while to download all the parameters definitions from the Internet. Close Pop up and restart MP.

Quote:
Certainly I tried many versions,
Earlier I was similar problem with APM 2.6 , but a Mission Planner update solve the problem.

Here is the last MP version's display with last arducopter version:
Jan 05, 2016, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvale
Try the following

On MP main screen press CTRL+F and the little window will pop up. Then choose PARAM GEN, wait a while to download all the parameters definitions from the Internet. Close Pop up and restart MP.
Thanks Ivale! I tried, and SUCCESS!!!!!!

It wouldn't have succeeded without you!!!
Jan 05, 2016, 06:19 PM
Glad I could help. I usually do this after every release of either MP or Copter, but I'm using the Beta versions.

Now please, follow the wiki and read all the steps and go fly

Quote:
Thanks Ivale! I tried, and SUCCESS!!!!!!

It wouldn't have succeeded without you!!!
Jan 05, 2016, 07:02 PM
Thx for help again! My quad already flies with APM 2.6, I hope this was the biggest problem...
Jan 05, 2016, 07:41 PM
Don't rely on the past experiences with APM 2.6. Things have changed quite a bit since that, so don't hesitate to follow the wiki.

Quote:
Thx for help again! My quad already flies with APM 2.6, I hope this was the biggest problem...
Jan 07, 2016, 07:08 PM
Good afternoon, Power pins question.

Today I am working a new quad and installing a PHL. I started using an old Power module from my parts bin that had its ground and power lines backwards. Arrrgggg! After sussing that out with my meter, I wanted to update my PHL documentation...... and I think I am wrapping myself around the axle. Please help straighten me out. Here is why:

Comparing the real Pixhawk Power input pins vs. the 'Pixhawk LITE Version 2 Corrected Pinout Diagram' on Page 1 of this thread - It appears to me that the Voltage and Current sensing pins of the PHL are different/swapped from the actual Pixhawk. I've attached a crude drawing trying to illustrate this.

I keep reading that ' you can use the regular PH power module with the PHL' , and while that may be true for simply powering, now I think that page 1 diagram is reversed, just for the current & voltage, from the official Pixhawk pins layout.

Here is the official Pixhawk pin layouts, scroll down for power pins: https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixhawk
On the power modules themselves, I assume the markings: 'V' = voltage sense line, 'I' = current sense line .

Thanks for clarifying.
Jan 07, 2016, 07:39 PM
Chuck it and see!
[QUOTE=txpatrol;32487422]I was about to ask a stupid question, but I think I just found my answer.

I need "Virutal Pin 15" which is the ADC 6.6V plug on the standard Pixhawk to connect my airspeed sensor.

Apparently that's the port on top of the FC....which means I'm going to have to hack a hole in the case to get to it. Fun.]

So.. the PX4 Lite will accept either the analogue or digital airspeed sensor, correct?
Jan 07, 2016, 07:42 PM
Chuck it and see!
Is anyone here using the PX4 Lite on a flying wing with success? any advice gratefully received before I make the plunge.
Jan 07, 2016, 08:36 PM
Wisconsin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFlyer451
Good afternoon, Power pins question.

Today I am working a new quad and installing a PHL. I started using an old Power module from my parts bin that had its ground and power lines backwards. Arrrgggg! After sussing that out with my meter, I wanted to update my PHL documentation...... and I think I am wrapping myself around the axle. Please help straighten me out. Here is why:

Comparing the real Pixhawk Power input pins vs. the 'Pixhawk LITE Version 2 Corrected Pinout Diagram' on Page 1 of this thread - It appears to me that the Voltage and Current sensing pins of the PHL are different/swapped from the actual Pixhawk. I've attached a crude drawing trying to illustrate this.

I keep reading that ' you can use the regular PH power module with the PHL' , and while that may be true for simply powering, now I think that page 1 diagram is reversed, just for the current & voltage, from the official Pixhawk pins layout.

Here is the official Pixhawk pin layouts, scroll down for power pins: https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixhawk
On the power modules themselves, I assume the markings: 'V' = voltage sense line, 'I' = current sense line .

Thanks for clarifying.
Note on page one that there are two different version of the PHL, the first with abnormal pinouts and the second with the power connector pins matching the "real" Pixhawk.
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test

Quick Reply