May 22, 2015, 02:14 PM
Sorry. I think I just misunderstood. I thought that nxt stream was the main and only plane from now on. That was how I intrepid it. I may have misunderstood.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2015, 04:58 PM
From the sounds of it, the Stream will not be produced at the same time as the NXT. But if there is enough demand, they can build batches of Streams in the future. For now, it sounds as though they are putting the Stream molds on the shelf and focusing on the NXT.
May 22, 2015, 05:10 PM
MQ-5B Driver
I will find out and let you know.
May 22, 2015, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
The molds are still available of course, so they can produce the old Stream, if there is enough demand to switch production.
All concerned parties are advised to stock up on Stream kits right now
Seems clear enough, no?
May 22, 2015, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
It's been my experience when flying a LONG way downwind, that what's on top of the airplane has little to do with visibility. Many times I'm only flying the shine off the tape on my leading edge, and the white tail surfaces.
For certain orientations, maybe your leading edge flash is the key. But for me personally, seeing the contrast between white and black at an extreme distance is a huge benefit. I have two DLGs with mostly black tops and two DLGs with mostly white tops and there is no comparison. The white tops are MUCH easier to see in general for 90% of the time the plane is in the air.

Just my experience. I was actually surprised, because I figured the white tops would disappear against the clouds at a distance. But it's amazing how clearly the white color shows up against every background. And it provides an excellent contrast against the black bottoms so that it is very easy to differentiate orientation in thermal circles at extreme distances.
May 23, 2015, 07:34 AM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
My black and white dlgs are by far the most visible to me.
May 23, 2015, 07:25 PM
It's GoTime all the Time
What is the difference in the Stream wing from the Akcent2
Latest blog entry: 360 Frames & 360 Hobbies
May 25, 2015, 11:59 AM
Aurora Builder
I'll take the bait...Stream Original is the Validol wing design by Oleg, which I believe has some ZV2 in it but I'm not entirely sure. It moves a bit better than Akcent2 and handles turbulence better IMO. It also launches higher, being a stiffer wing.

Akcent 2 is modified AG series foils (thinned) and IMO is a pretty dang good wing. One in all carbon will certainly get the job done!

Stream NXT is all new and I can't wait to see one at the field!
May 25, 2015, 12:06 PM
MQ-5B Driver
Stream, and Stream NXT will be made side by side. They are not discontinuing the original Stream.
May 26, 2015, 11:41 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Sam, Doug, thanks for answering questions while I was out traveling
Yes, Stream will continue to be produced until there is a demand for it and then some.
May 26, 2015, 05:06 PM

My New Stream NXT Prototype

Hi Guys,
I've got myself a brand new NXT from Laurynas on Zielona Gora last weekend

I don't have the enough words to share with you my impressions of the Super High quality model.

It is even higher then my old Stream regarding finishing and more important the improvements done regarding the Ailerons which now is 1mm thick on the lip and stiff like Hell.... Just WOW

the extra improvement is the Carbon wall along the wing / aileron hinge line.
The Fuse is so shiny that i can comb my hair ( the left i have ) on it's reflation.
never the less it is very strong for bending.
Fuse weight is 37 grams
Length is 97.5 cm
Nose is a bit bigger for more servos kinds to install in.
it is a few cm shorter then my old Stream Fuse (100.5 cm )

The Horizontal fin is a bit smaller then the Stream one.
About the vertical fin ( see pic )
Carbon wall along the hinge line,
The fins are very stiff.
Total weight of fins are 10.1 grams

Wing area is little more the 20 dm ( i'll know later the exact size )
Wing weights is 100.4 grams.

The model i have is maybe the Third came out from the mold and it is still prototype for testing all kind of things needed in order to improve if necessary at all.
All parts i have seems very robust as they are, but my prototype plane supposed to be treated much more aggressively then normal in order to find weakness before the full production

The wing servos should be the 8mm thickness ( kst08 , Mks75 etc )
The fuse ( i'll check later during building process )

i made some pics for relevance Vs the Stream parts

Gil
May 26, 2015, 05:12 PM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
Wow.
May 26, 2015, 05:17 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Thread OP
Gil, you are so lucky. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Did Laurynas fly his Stream NXT in the competition or not?
http://www.rcazl.pl/aktualnosc/156-wc-f3k-zg-2015.html
May 26, 2015, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Gil, you are so lucky. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Did Laurynas fly his Stream NXT in the competition or not?
Yes he did
but i think i'll let Laurynas share his thought since i was focusing mainly on the contest and didn't have the time to fly it myself
Last edited by Beetle-Jet; May 26, 2015 at 05:26 PM.
May 26, 2015, 06:18 PM
MQ-5B Driver
So jealous right now!

Quick Reply