Nov 23, 2015, 07:51 PM
First, dead band may be way too wide, and also, since you're using your microphone input, set the quality that it's being sampled at to studio o quality. My computer uses realtek audio drivers (yours is probably the same) and changing it from the fault pretty low quality to studio quality in the realtek control panel solved my jitter issue's. Then go in, calibrate your controller, set controls and fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Johnson View Post

Well I have officially tried everything to get my dx7s working on this game. All I get is twitches when I try to fly.
Have it hooked up via male to male 3.5mm cable to line in on audio card using smartpropoplus.
I must have a total of 10 hours in trying to get my ps3 controller and this working with bad results.
Just ordered a flight simulator cable package yesterday now I can plug in via usb. I really hope that helps. This is very non user friendly, to get Stix set up

It's easier to completely build and tune a 250 quad!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2015, 05:37 PM
Get yourself a pair of these.

Download trinus VR PC Server and free android application here.

You now have a headset that will display the game for very little money (as long as you have an android phone already). Use a USB cable and play the game in windowed mode to boost performance.

Optional extra: download Vireio Perception here to give a proper 3D perspective to the game. Kinda unnecessary and a bit more set up time but cool to show off.

Yet to use this setup with liftoff (bought it but applied for a refund after 14mins as IMO not worth 15 yet when freerider is only $4.99) but the trinus VR and the headset worked brilliantly with GTA V! Used my old Nexus 5 as the screen and was seriously impressed. Also haven't had a chance to play with Vireio yet but read good things elsewhere. Let me know how you get on with Liftoff and this setup if you try it.
Last edited by emptybee; Nov 27, 2015 at 08:50 AM.
Nov 26, 2015, 05:44 PM
Must add: Free android application is limited to 10mins and full app is 4.99 but worth checking everything works properly for you before buying it.

Download Chair in a Room (free) from Google play for a short but terrifying (more jumpy I guess and remember to use headphones) experience in VR with the headset! My sister, who loves horror films, lasted 2 and half mins before chucking the headset and my phone on the floor
Nov 27, 2015, 07:07 PM
So when they come out with a beta and a final release, am I going to have to pay again to get the full version or will those that have already invested in the VERY LIMITED alpha have to fork over more money to get the full version?
Nov 28, 2015, 01:29 AM
Flys Into Trees
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuneDude View Post
So when they come out with a beta and a final release, am I going to have to pay again to get the full version or will those that have already invested in the VERY LIMITED alpha have to fork over more money to get the full version?
You bought it now and you have it forever, no more money involved, thats how early access works
Nov 28, 2015, 11:28 AM
You take the risk that it won't be finished and expected features/performance improvements won't make it in.

After trying it last night I'd rather wait and pay more when they've at least added race and multiplayer modes. In my opinion it is hugely overpriced for what it currently offers but a bargain if they are able to add the extra features. I'll watch from the sidelines and stick with FPV freerider until Liftoff has progressed a bit.
Nov 28, 2015, 12:14 PM
I also want race and multiplayer modes. I'm waiting on the sidelines with you.
Nov 28, 2015, 08:55 PM
Got my new cable in the mail it connects my dx7s transmitter via mono 3.5 mm to transmitter trainer port to usb to computer and there are no more problems.
I suggest Noone try to hook up transmitter via male to male 3.5 mm plugs, it doesn't work right.
Don't even try a ps3 controller either, it's too hard. It's impossible to fly in garage with a ps3 controller.
Nov 28, 2015, 08:57 PM
Can't wait for multi player, gotta say I'm pretty good at this game already
I like the first map, but I don't like the gates, i've been flying up and down that road on the side.
Dec 13, 2015, 12:21 PM
Why is there no motor audio when I turn down the music volume to 0?
Dec 13, 2015, 02:09 PM
There is, just hit reset. It happens sometimes
Dec 14, 2015, 03:07 PM
Anyone hook up a futaba 14sg with lift off. I cant get either my Mac or PC to work. I was using the real flight usb dongle
Dec 15, 2015, 09:27 AM
New map is nice as well!
Dec 17, 2015, 10:13 PM
Armattan dealer in the USA
What do I need to get an old dx7 working with this on a Mac? Thanks!
Dec 19, 2015, 04:04 PM
$20 is quite steep for an alpha ... whats the expected final price ?

Quick Reply