Feb 07, 2019, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm77
I agree. The performance is getting worse and worse Its at the point where its not enjoyable to use anymore Was really good when it was beta, but now there are way to much stutter, even though I have better hardware then under the beta period.

Hope it gets fixed soon, as I would hate to look for a new sim to use.
What hardware do you have? If it meets the minimum requirements we set 3 years ago, you should have no issues running the game.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2019, 12:04 PM
Peter Madsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuze
What hardware do you have? If it meets the minimum requirements we set 3 years ago, you should have no issues running the game.
Intel i5-8400
geforce 1060 6gb
16GB ram
Feb 08, 2019, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSquid1
1. The wait time between crashes.
There's no waiting times between crashes if you don't want there to be any. Simply press "R" for a quick reset, or bind the function to a toggle or button on your radio, resetting should be instant in that case. Pressing "T" allows you to rewind time.

Quote:
2. Their graphics resources are horribly delegated to menus.
Does anyone out there really care if the menus such as the level, quad, and location are crisp and well detailed? I know I don't. Seeing as how I spend like 99% of the time on the sim flying I could really care less about the menus. Put the graphics resources into the flying portion of the game and not the menus.
I'm confused about this logic. We spend an equal amount of effort and time in all aspects of the game, and our work on UI does not affect (or take away) anything from other aspects of the game. When you are "in-game" there's no resources going to menus and interfaces, these are unrelated systems loaded in at completely different times.

Quote:
3. Wait times on the menus.
See number 2. Above.
Loading times are not artificial timers to annoy players, they have an actual function: loading in content. Your complaint about menus taking up resources in-game is exactly prevented by loading in and out different systems of the game. These loading screens are used to prevent exactly what you are worried about. Our community has requested a lot of content over the years, naturally the more content the more that needs to be loaded in. Loading times can be quick or slow depending on your computer too.

Quote:
4. The screen motion while flying makes me nauseous.
It's an optional effect. It can be turned off in the Graphics Options

Quote:
5. The way the drone flies does not seem like it’s as realistic as it used to be.
Each change to the physics and flight behaviour gets tested for months by our players (Experimental Branch) before it's being pushed to the main version. Only if we get an 100% approval rate from our active community, do we push the change. Our last big update to the physics happened a few months ago and our sales, player numbers and positive reviews have gone trough the roof since that time.
May 30, 2019, 04:59 PM
Bando City is here!

Bando City (0 min 57 sec)
Jun 25, 2019, 02:31 PM
Thank you so much for keeping up the efforts for Liftoff!
It is an extremely nice sim with tons of features and maps.
I really appreciate your approach to try simulating the innermost physics!

I'm an FPV beginner coming from DJI Mavic Pro and so far there's 2 things which annoy me somewhat below ordered in increasing annoy factor:
- I couldn't find a comprehensive manual or documentation. I would have used this for answering myself what quad to use for beginning.
- There's tight altitude and distance limits. That is bad because with the quads I tried I often crossed that boundaries before even knowing what I was doing and more importantly how to fix my direction of going!
I'm currently enough bad that I'm all over the maps with little control.

If I add that cool 3D mode I lose orientation even more quickly and 2 to 3 bad tricks later I'm off the map or at 200 m when frantically not trying to crash.

Is there any map or even custom map that has some 4 km^2 or more to fly?
Or maybe some switch that disables the limitations but only after the user confirmed:
- Not to cry if the outer map parts look unfinished or empty
- Not to cry if performance goes down severely.
(Me for example would be willing to accept the consequences.)
Or is it that you simulate the entire airspace? (In m^3)
Then after crossing the boundary time and space wouldn't be longer existing, and you just want to prevent the user from experiencing that?

Unfortunately I still need loads of time to think about how to correct a move/trick I did which will make the quad happily fly over the boundaries.

Really like that sim though!
Last edited by Microwave_hv; Jun 25, 2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Added suggestion, added attempt to understand reasoning
Jun 29, 2019, 07:03 PM

Bug Report

Found a bug I think:

If I'm getting into an inverted hover while precision flying in 3D mode then after a few seconds hovering the game would reset itself just as it would if I had a crash or had hit the "r" key.
I can even hover inverted a few m above ground and far away from any obstacles but the current game would still reset itself.

I'm looking forward to getting a bug fix for that because now it forces me keep going even if I don't know where to go.
Jul 07, 2019, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microwave_hv
Found a bug I think:

If I'm getting into an inverted hover while precision flying in 3D mode then after a few seconds hovering the game would reset itself just as it would if I had a crash or had hit the "r" key.
I can even hover inverted a few m above ground and far away from any obstacles but the current game would still reset itself.

I'm looking forward to getting a bug fix for that because now it forces me keep going even if I don't know where to go.
Thanks for reporting, we'll look into it!

Quick Reply