Nov 10, 2015, 04:31 PM
It's actually pretty awful at the moment. FPVFreerider is in another league.
Don't buy it yet.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2015, 11:14 AM
Formerly Copperkiid
Has anyone gotten this to work with a Spektrum DX6 and usb cable?

The game will calibrate, but in the first part of the setup, the game won't identify my throttle input.

UPDATE:

1. Make sure to not turn on your TX. Just plug the usb cable into it. It will come on. This resolved my issue with the game not seeing my inputs.

2. The calibration and setup seemed a little buggy. I just exited that menu and did it again.

3. Make sure you cable and controller are plugged in before you start the game.
Last edited by ScudRnr; Nov 11, 2015 at 11:42 AM.
Nov 11, 2015, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ_SWE
It's actually pretty awful at the moment. FPVFreerider is in another league.
Don't buy it yet.
Do you mean don't buy Liftoff, or don't buy FPVFreerider? Expand a little on your comment here.
Nov 11, 2015, 12:48 PM
Can you fly bobby?
There is also FPV Freerider Simulator. think its like 5

EDIT: Ahhh i see someone suggested it
Nov 11, 2015, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperkiid
Has anyone gotten this to work with a Spektrum DX6 and usb cable?

The game will calibrate, but in the first part of the setup, the game won't identify my throttle input.

UPDATE:

1. Make sure to not turn on your TX. Just plug the usb cable into it. It will come on. This resolved my issue with the game not seeing my inputs.

2. The calibration and setup seemed a little buggy. I just exited that menu and did it again.

3. Make sure you cable and controller are plugged in before you start the game.
So is that cable the same one that comes with Phoenix sim? Thanks

Ohh now that you have it working what is your opinion on the game/sim?

Thanks
Nov 11, 2015, 03:51 PM
Stupid gravity!
I bought it on Steam. I have a high-end Mac and monitor. It can handle any heavy graphics you can throw at it. The game has very nice menu graphics. Having said that, the important part is the gameplay, and that's not that great right now. The in-game graphics are poor quality and the quad doesn't fly like it should. As soon as you take off, you go high and fight to keep it low enough to run the course. It's a pre-release and needs some work, but, I think ImmersionRC is a great company and will polish it up. That's why it's a pre-release.
Nov 11, 2015, 05:09 PM
Formerly Copperkiid
Quote:
Originally Posted by docphi
I bought it on Steam. I have a high-end Mac and monitor. It can handle any heavy graphics you can throw at it. The game has very nice menu graphics. Having said that, the important part is the gameplay, and that's not that great right now. The in-game graphics are poor quality and the quad doesn't fly like it should. As soon as you take off, you go high and fight to keep it low enough to run the course. It's a pre-release and needs some work, but, I think ImmersionRC is a great company and will polish it up. That's why it's a pre-release.
I'm running it on a Dell laptop with an Intel i3, nothing special and was actually impressed at how well it looked. Docphi, the regular FPV view is suppose to look a little low quality to simulate current FPV cameras and VTX's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Cow
So is that cable the same one that comes with Phoenix sim? Thanks

Ohh now that you have it working what is your opinion on the game/sim?

Thanks
LittleCow, I purchased the cable on ebay. I'llI have to confirm who makes it.

The game is a little rough. I think the graphics, interface and scenes are much better than FPV Freerider. Once they get all the functions up to speed, it'll be a great sim.
Nov 11, 2015, 07:25 PM
Formerly Copperkiid
I got some more time in today with Liftoff. The more I play it, the more I like it. The controls feel pretty accurate and good. They need to finish it up. Add Gamer mode! Add quad replays.
Nov 12, 2015, 10:48 AM
So back to the pheonix cable.... anyone get a dx6i to work with the pheonix sim cable? I just bought the steam version pe release and havent even messed with it yet
Nov 12, 2015, 11:13 AM
Formerly Copperkiid
This is the cable that I'm using with my new version DX6.
Nov 12, 2015, 05:51 PM
DroneXLabs Team Pilot
The speed in the game and drag are ok for you guys? I mean on FPV Freerider I can atleast define some of the physics...
Nov 12, 2015, 06:05 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Purchased it, played for 30 mins and requested a refund, Freerider is much more like flying a race quad, Liftoff is like a playstation game, pretty, but flys like a IMO avoid. Perhaps it will get better, but with the video's of the devs playing with toy quads, I doubt it.
Nov 12, 2015, 07:10 PM
LiftOff - Straw Bale - Speed Lap. (0 min 51 sec)

Where I'm up to at the moment, kind of an annoying bug at the moment they fixed where the quad no longer disappears after a crash, so I'm stuck with looking at this carbon the whole time.
Nov 13, 2015, 01:37 AM
Looks like your camera is recessed to far.
Nov 13, 2015, 03:24 PM
Is that supposed to be simulated damage from a collision in race? That's cool, but I certainly hope there's a way to turn that off.

Quick Reply