Feb 15, 2016, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk0 View Post
Does anyone have experience with it working on a lower speed PC getting a refund if it doesn't perform on your machine? I have a lenovo yoga with 4gb RAM and no dedicated graphics and want to try liftoff but concerned it will be too choppy or not work . Thoughts?
yep, I run it on a generic laptop: 1600:900 set to low. Spec is: i5, 8GB RAM, intel HD 5550.
At low it works fine.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2016, 03:50 PM
Are there good recommended starting settings that people have found yet?

Struggling right off, which is to be expected, but it doesn't feel comfortable!

Anything that would help match the feeling from these FPVFreerider settings?
Feb 15, 2016, 03:56 PM
Also what are people using for OSX to map keys/functions to switches on the Taranis?

I have been using "controller mate", but it likes to cause issues when in the background, as well as I cannot correctly map to a momentary H switch
Feb 17, 2016, 02:28 AM
Has anyone else found that if you go too quick through the gates then Liftoff fails to register that you passed?

Liftoff Gate Glitches (0 min 35 sec)
Feb 17, 2016, 01:53 PM
Yep, there is definitely some glitchy gates, second or third in Autumn Fields also does it.
Feb 17, 2016, 03:16 PM
JusticeFPV
Was there an update today? My quad now flys like its on ice. Is there any way to get the feel from the previous version?
Feb 17, 2016, 03:23 PM
I think they have determined the "floaty" feeling is because of drag which also is responsible for increased "grab" on turns, so some compromise has to be made. Hopefully they can get it tweaked just right.
Feb 17, 2016, 03:42 PM
JusticeFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenman View Post
I think they have determined the "floaty" feeling is because of drag which also is responsible for increased "grab" on turns, so some compromise has to be made. Hopefully they can get it tweaked just right.
So disappointing my quad flew well up until today
Feb 17, 2016, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _justice View Post
Was there an update today? My quad now flys like its on ice. Is there any way to get the feel from the previous version?
I notice the difference as well, definitely some new "drift" behavior.
Feb 18, 2016, 12:56 AM
What Pids are you guys using? P of 5 for pitch and roll and 2.5 on yaw seems to be working well for me. Prop damage makes it drift too much though, and gates are not working well on the Bales map.
Feb 18, 2016, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheFlyer View Post
I notice the difference as well, definitely some new "drift" behavior.
Agreed - the new characteristics are fine for me (I still think it takes to long to fall at cut throttle) but do notice a drift behavior that isn't right.

is there a form or email we cna provide them feedback with?
Feb 18, 2016, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk0 View Post
Agreed - the new characteristics are fine for me (I still think it takes to long to fall at cut throttle) but do notice a drift behavior that isn't right.

is there a form or email we cna provide them feedback with?
Yes, this. The trajectory after cutting throttle and the new drift behavior are my biggest complaints. Really enjoy the game, just trying to point out the deficits in the flight characteristics.

The falling behavior is as though the quad is too light, doesn't have enough mass? Maybe the momentum is off as well...
Feb 18, 2016, 11:05 AM
You can find the changelist on the development blog:
http://www.liftoff-game.com/2016/02/...-3-0-released/
Feb 18, 2016, 02:32 PM
JusticeFPV
Is there anyway to get the previous feel back? I've tried various combinations in the dev options but I'm not have much luck.

Code:
    <development_ForceDrag>true</development_ForceDrag>
    <development_AirDrag>1</development_AirDrag>
    <development_UnityDrag>0.13</development_UnityDrag>
    <development_ForceMass>false</development_ForceMass>
    <development_ForcedMass>0.4</development_ForcedMass>
Feb 18, 2016, 05:49 PM
There was a quick update today fixing the gate problem. My times on the race tracks are only a couple of seconds higher than on the previous version, so its not too bad. Turns actually feel more natural to me but it is still too slow dropping down under gates.

Quick Reply