LiftOff - FPV Racing Game

LiftOff is a game in development that will bring FPV racing to the digital world inside our homes. We'll all be able to practice, sharpening our skills, and have a blast anytime we want rain or shine...

Splash

FPV Racing Simulator

LiftOff is a game in development that will bring FPV racing to the digital world inside our homes. We'll all be able to practice, sharpening our skills, and have a blast anytime we want rain or shine. The game is being developed by LuGus Studios, ImmersionRC and Fat Shark. The potential is pretty great with possible multiplayer features and virtual reality support. We're looking forward to playing with it, but that could be a while as the current release date is slated for early 2016. Learn more and stay up to date on the progress at LiftOff-Game.com.

Thread Tools
May 20, 2015, 11:34 AM
Registered User
throttleback's Avatar
this looks fun thought i read you can use your goggels also
May 20, 2015, 02:55 PM
RCG Admin
Jason Cole's Avatar
Thread OP
You should be able to use any monitor including video goggles that you can connect to your PC or Mac computer.
May 20, 2015, 06:35 PM
Registered User
I believe this is gameplay footage of Liftoff. However, it may be another. Looks NIIICCEE!!

FPV Race PC Simulator - Quadrocopter FPV Race Simu (4 min 12 sec)



EDIT: It is NOT Liftoff......sorry.
Last edited by IndyFPV; May 20, 2015 at 07:00 PM.
May 21, 2015, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFPV
I believe this is gameplay footage of Liftoff. However, it may be another. Looks NIIICCEE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5MmOqWucHk


EDIT: It is NOT Liftoff......sorry.
That is still a nice looking simulator. Does anybody know what it is?


Liftoff does look like a decent simulator but the graphics aren't the best. It's almost like they rushed to get the product to market and had to keep the graphics low. If they can improve the graphics, I would be thinking about buying it. Another thing Fat Shark or ImmersionRC can consider making is a small set top box for the computer which takes in HDMI, VGA, or DVI from the monitor and transmits the signal in a format that our video goggles can receive. Maybe take it a step further and add a wireless receiver or PPM/S-bus port so we can use our normal radios and FPV goggles with the simulator. I don't think it would take too much time or money to develop and bring to the market since most of the work is already done. If somebody could make this I would buy it in a heartbeat if it's priced reasonably.
May 21, 2015, 04:10 PM
Registered User
There are already devices that will allow you to get the video from your PC to a vTx to transmit to your goggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanF121
That is still a nice looking simulator. Does anybody know what it is?


Liftoff does look like a decent simulator but the graphics aren't the best. It's almost like they rushed to get the product to market and had to keep the graphics low. If they can improve the graphics, I would be thinking about buying it. Another thing Fat Shark or ImmersionRC can consider making is a small set top box for the computer which takes in HDMI, VGA, or DVI from the monitor and transmits the signal in a format that our video goggles can receive. Maybe take it a step further and add a wireless receiver or PPM/S-bus port so we can use our normal radios and FPV goggles with the simulator. I don't think it would take too much time or money to develop and bring to the market since most of the work is already done. If somebody could make this I would buy it in a heartbeat if it's priced reasonably.
May 21, 2015, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Made in Austria's Avatar
I love it! A version for mobile devices would be great too.
May 28, 2015, 02:44 PM
Registered User
Can we hook our own radio controller to it so we don't have to use mouse and keyboard? If so, I may never actually go flying outside again..

I think the graphics will look fine. My goggles are very low-res compared to my computer monitor.

Also, head to head over the internet is a must! Imagine like 50 of us all buzzing around on the same map. Anarchy!
May 28, 2015, 11:06 PM
Interesting concept. Most important features in my eyes in order would be:
-Physics
-Graphics
-Multiplayer Options
Granted, I wear glasses so my vision is not perfect, but it is what I see. Any idea on when this will be available?

-Nix
Oct 25, 2015, 01:05 PM
Registered User
It's not my intention to "bump" an old topic, but I just noticed this discussion and wanted to share a new gameplay video:

Liftoff - Early Access Footage (1 min 32 sec)


Enjoy!
Oct 26, 2015, 11:41 AM
Registered User
Wait a second, this game actually puts interference in the video? Talk about authentic!

I just picked up an Oculus Rift, any chance this game will do 3D?
Oct 26, 2015, 12:48 PM
sno
sno
Registered User
sno's Avatar
Looks fun hopefully you can get rid of the goofy osd.
Oct 26, 2015, 01:34 PM
Formerly Copperkiid
What is the expected price of the sim?
Nov 09, 2015, 04:23 PM
Registered User
Rapti's Avatar
Its out in early version.
$19.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/410340/
Nov 10, 2015, 04:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapti
Its out in early version.
$19.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/410340/
Anyone except me having issues calibrating the Interlink Elite controller with the game? Can't get the throttle axis to behave normal. Centerpoint is all wrong, can't arm the quad. Calibration doesn't work, game seems to loose controller completely.

Edit: got it to work, nvm.
Last edited by HJ_SWE; Nov 10, 2015 at 04:30 PM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools