Jun 15, 2015, 09:08 AM
I'm kinda curious how you would pronounce "Bigaole". Is it "big-a-o-lee"? Or ..................... ??????
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2015, 09:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by polver
Tested out one of these units today on a HK Breeze and I can report that it works well for what it is. If you just want a Stab and RTH unit for a relaxing sunday afternoon fpv then this could be the FC your looking for. This was so much simpler to setup than my Tornado or ET OSD Pro, great for a grab and go plane or to get started in FPV flying.
G'day Peter, great to get your feed back here, I am glad to hear it is working well.
Would be good to see any pics of your set-up for the Breeze too, if you have any.
Cheers Michael
Jun 15, 2015, 09:28 AM
I really thought this thread was a spoof when I saw it. Bigaole? That is a name worthy of being changed!
Jun 15, 2015, 09:34 AM
Maybe it means "modified clone of what the Turnigy T1000FC was cloned from". I'm sure there was something lost in the Asian translation.
Jun 15, 2015, 09:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409
I really thought this thread was a spoof when I saw it. Bigaole? That is a name worthy of being changed!
A flight controller by any other name still flies sweet ? I think you are right, we'll just go with BGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
Maybe it means "modified clone of what the Turnigy T1000FC was cloned from". I'm sure there was something lost in the Asian translation.
Or maybe "modified clone of what the Turnigy should have been"

Definitely lost in translation, but the name is the least of it, the web page blurb is the best -
Features:
Integrated 3axis gyro and 3axis accelerometer

The auto balance function could avoid exploding .It is especially helpful for beginners.

The airplane can return safely when the distance is too far or out of control.

Esaily switchable within Blance mode, Come home automatically Mode and Gyro Off mode;
http://www.bglmodel.com/contents/7/78.html
Although I do poke a little fun, any device that can help my plane avoid exploding gets my vote!

Cheers Michael
Jun 15, 2015, 10:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I'm kinda curious how you would pronounce "Bigaole". Is it "big-a-o-lee"? Or ..................... ??????
That is a good question, I have only heard it pronounced by Ali Shanmao in his video - https://youtu.be/oKJhQRgl9Qk?t=39s (very cool Raider of the Lost Ark plane too!)

Sounds like an English version of a Chinese word, but I can't find a good translation for it. I think pronunciation is like - "Bi - gaol - a"

But I am definitely no expert on Chinese. I would be very happy to hear form anyone with some decent knowledge on it.

Cheers
Michael
Jun 15, 2015, 02:28 PM
My buds at the flying field just laugh when I say the word. No matter, I love the T1000FC and this one should prove even better for my use.
It just arrived in the mail today, so hope to have it installed in my plane by the weekend.
Jun 16, 2015, 04:53 AM
Well it was a nice day here today so I tried out the BGL 6 again in the HK Breeze, flew the plane out of sight keeping an eye on my monitor and hit the RTH, waited a minute or two andthe little Breeze was on its way back then circling in about a 50m radius above me. The stabilized function also works very well, very similar to the ET Guardian in that you must have full rates set. Gaining confidence in this unit and I might put it in my Bix 3 and go out a bit further.

Some pics of the unit in the Breeze, not much to see just a old HK Breeze.
Jun 17, 2015, 02:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by polver
Well it was a nice day here today so I tried out the BGL 6 again in the HK Breeze, flew the plane out of sight keeping an eye on my monitor and hit the RTH, waited a minute or two andthe little Breeze was on its way back then circling in about a 50m radius above me. The stabilized function also works very well, very similar to the ET Guardian in that you must have full rates set. Gaining confidence in this unit and I might put it in my Bix 3 and go out a bit further.

Some pics of the unit in the Breeze, not much to see just a old HK Breeze.
Peter, thanks for adding in the pics. Can I ask where you are mounting the GPS? I have two units, one on my BIX which I have mounted externally and the other in my ASW28 (plastic fuselage) mounted internally. Both seem to be working just fine. I did also notice one mounted internally in a phoenix 2000 - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...mentid=7929914

Cheers
Michael
Jun 17, 2015, 06:01 AM
Hi Michael, GPS is is just velcroed to the RH wing out as far as the cable will allow.
Jun 17, 2015, 10:23 AM
The GPS unit on all my planes are mounted internally. On my SkyMule, the T1000FC GPS is inside the tail section. On my Mystique, T1000FC, same place. T1000FC on my friend's Radian, both the control unit and GPS is held under the canopy with a bead of hot glue and then duct taped to the canopy with holes drilled to access the pots and switches. On my Radian, I'll be using this Bigaole and I'll do the same but for compactness, I've taken the GPS unit out of the round case. It's all wired in now. Will calibrate and test it all once it stops raining. If all works well, I just yank out the wires and give the whole canopy to my other friend's Radian. He'll give me his canopy and I'll buy another Bigaole for my Radian.
If this works as good as the T1000FC, there will be 4 sailplanes and a SkyMule at my field with this sort of device. No more lost gliders.
Jun 18, 2015, 08:09 PM
Installed everything and went to fly my Radian (elevator and rudder only). Rudder is used as aileron. DX8. Using the flap channel as my 3-position switch. Programmed as per Michael -- Pos. 0 set to 0, Pos. 1 (middle) set to -100, Pos. 2 set to +100. Monitor shows this is the case. All sticks respond in the correct direction. Went through initialization, wing type set (normal wing, both switches off. Control unit and GPS unit blinky lights flash as they should. Home position set. Moving the plane causes control surfaces to respond correctly. Plane flies great.
HOWEVER ............................ All 3 switch positions give same mode - stabilized. I can't shut the stabilizer off in Pos. 0. The plane won't RTH in Pos. 2. Does this mean that satellites can't be detected? Or is the GPS unit defective?
Jun 18, 2015, 09:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Installed everything and went to fly my Radian (elevator and rudder only). Rudder is used as aileron. DX8. Using the flap channel as my 3-position switch. Programmed as per Michael -- Pos. 0 set to 0, Pos. 1 (middle) set to -100, Pos. 2 set to +100. Monitor shows this is the case. All sticks respond in the correct direction. Went through initialization, wing type set (normal wing, both switches off. Control unit and GPS unit blinky lights flash as they should. Home position set. Moving the plane causes control surfaces to respond correctly. Plane flies great.
HOWEVER ............................ All 3 switch positions give same mode - stabilized. I can't shut the stabilizer off in Pos. 0. The plane won't RTH in Pos. 2. Does this mean that satellites can't be detected? Or is the GPS unit defective?
G'day xviper, if the behaviour of the plane is not changing with any of the switch positions, then I suspect that you have not got a lock on the satellites or at least, the communications between the GPS and the stabiliser have not completed.
You can confirm this with the blue LED on the GPS. If its solid, then it has not completed the required communications to the device. The blue LED on the GPS must be blinking to confirm that all is ready to go, otherwise the unit will be defaulting to stabilise mode.
Cheers
Michael
Jun 18, 2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks, Michael. I will recheck my efforts. Last time out, the blue light on the GPS was blinking.
Jun 20, 2015, 03:15 PM
After messing with this thing for 2 days, I finally figured it out. Bigaole uses one 3-wire servo connector cable and splits it into 3 single wires, each with its own plug on the end. One goes to rudder, 1 goes to elevator and 1 goes to gear/flap. I had the brown, mode switch wire plugged in backwards, whereby no signal was getting through.
After dozens and dozens of planes being setup, it was ingrained into my skull that brown went to brown (or black, for ground). Once I reversed it, it worked perfectly.

Quick Reply