Jun 26, 2015, 11:02 AM
Quad fun for everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
This would be fun to include. Perhaps we can set it up on the parkflyer line one of the afternoons / evenings.

Steve
I'm not sure if the parkflyer line would be big enough for a full-fledged race? I guess its up to you guys
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2015, 11:59 AM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2211
I'm not sure if the parkflyer line would be big enough for a full-fledged race? I guess its up to you guys
I don't think I'd want to shut down the main line too much. We already have a few other events that will shut it down throughout the weekend. We'll see what we can do about a setup.
Jun 26, 2015, 12:00 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
Quote:
I don't think I'd want to shut down the main line too much. We already have a few other events that will shut it down throughout the weekend. We'll see what we can do about a setup.
Okay, sounds good
Jun 26, 2015, 06:31 PM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Maybe saturday evening we can setup a track if people want to do that after dinner. I'll see what times might fit and we'll see who is interested.
Jun 26, 2015, 08:05 PM
you ain't gang you can't hang
Peasantcopter will be competeing. I suck at racing, but i will compete
Jun 26, 2015, 08:52 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
Quote:
Maybe saturday evening we can setup a track if people want to do that after dinner. I'll see what times might fit and we'll see who is interested.
Okay. Including me last year there was maybe 3 mini quad guys, but since then 250 racers have exploded in popularity so hopefully we can get plenty of guys.

The hard part will be keeping track of frequencies on the 5.8ghz band

Also, it would be fun to have an evening race because most of use LEDs anyways
Jun 26, 2015, 11:22 PM
I don't have a racing quad but it would be fun to watch a night race!

Jim
Jun 27, 2015, 06:16 AM
There will be one for raffle
Jun 28, 2015, 08:06 AM
Quad fun for everyone!
Im in the process of making some airgates out of pool noodles

Possible LEDs on them too
Jun 28, 2015, 02:19 PM
Quad fun for everyone!

Airgates

Quote:
Im in the process of making some airgates out of pool noodles

Possible LEDs on them too
I Finished the airgates!

Very rough sizes:

Single noodle (hard mode) - 32 inches tall by 30 wide

Double noodle (easy mode) - 35-45 inches tall by 60-70 inches wide

Double gates just have a dowel to hold two noodles together. I used plastic stakes that can bend to almost 90 degrees and spring back, so these can take a considerable hit and be ready for the next racer to come through. I have enough stakes for 3 single or 3 double gates. The big ones bend a little in the wind, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Also it is possible to make a floppy pylon out of one noodle and one stake.

Next step is LEDs (night race ), colored tape for strength against being cut by props, and maybe some laminated white arrows to mark out a course.

I should be able to head up for this event unless family plans arise, so if you'd like I could bring the gates for a small course in the park flyer section
Jun 28, 2015, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Okay. Including me last year there was maybe 3 mini quad guys, but since then 250 racers have exploded in popularity so hopefully we can get plenty of guys.

The hard part will be keeping track of frequencies on the 5.8ghz band

Also, it would be fun to have an evening race because most of use LEDs anyways
I will be bringing my miniquad stuff
Jun 30, 2015, 03:04 PM
Well, in that case I'll definitely bring my 250 quad as well...
Jul 03, 2015, 03:17 AM
Searching for Bluecor
Thinking about going to this. Looks like a blast. I have some noob questions. For the combat, are 1300mah 3s batteries not allowed? For the mass warbird launch, is there a reason for the 2100mah 3s batteries when the 2200mah 3s seem to be more popular? Can the warbird be a HLBL plane? And are prop jets allowed?
Jul 03, 2015, 09:13 AM
tomsza,

Your combat question on 3s-1300 mah lipos. It has been an established practice to limit the mah to 1350 or less, especially if prizes or awards are involved. Makes for a level playing field.

I have also attended combat events where there are no limitations, enter anything that flys.

To me, the bottom line for combat is to have fun....safely....and give the spectators a show.
My fly'n buddy and I have been invited to fly for schools, nursing homes, etc., etc. We always include some combat. It is the most popular thing that we do. Indoor combat with Nutballs and outdoor with Foaminators. Always with streamers.

RonJ
Last edited by RonJ; Jul 03, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
Jul 03, 2015, 11:01 AM
Searching for Bluecor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ
tomsza,
Your combat question on 3s-1300 mah lipos. It has been an established practice to limit the mah to 1350 or less, especially if prizes or awards are involved. Makes for a level playing field.
Sounds good. When their site states "... must be powered by a 1350 mah 3 cell lipo.," I wondered about the technicality of it since I have some 1300s lying around. Thanks Ron.

Quick Reply