May 19, 2015, 09:47 PM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Discussion

WATTS over Owatonna 2015 - July 24-26

The dates have been set for WATTS 2015!

July 24-26 2015

Come join us for our 6th year of all electric RC fun in southern Minnesota. This is the premiere all electric event in the Midwest. Join with over 200 other RC pilots for a weekend of non stop RC flying of electric RC aircraft. The field has a 650 foot smooth fabric runway suitable for even turbine jets! If that is not enough use the 1200+ foot grass runway. A separate parkflyer field means more flight stations to keep the action going. Our noon time show is pilot inclusive so join us for our mass warbird launch, streamer combat event or bring a special model to highlight and show off for the pilots and crowds. Make sure to bring a nightflyer to join in on our "Man vs. Mosquito" night flying. A huge raffle will be going on throughout the weekend. Enjoy our steak dinner and awards ceremony Saturday night.

New this year is the Friday evening 3D Smackdown! We're challenging the 3D pilots to put up their best 2-3 minute flight to wow the crowd and the judges. Some prizes and more importantly bragging rights are on the line!

Come camp on site as we will have concessions going breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is no reason to leave all weekend long!

All pre-registered pilots will be included in a special raffle drawing for a RxR Flyzone Zero! Be sure to sign up early!

Onsite sponsors include:

SIG
True RC
RA Cores
Foam-Flite
Flyboys-RC

AC and DC power is available on the flight line so bring your chargers and keep your packs going.

Check out http://www.wattsflyin.com for more information.
Last edited by Vintauri; Jun 01, 2015 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Fix dates
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2015, 07:40 AM
~40 years of RC and CL flying
Registered. Looking forward to it.
May 21, 2015, 10:33 AM
you ain't gang you can't hang
Is it the 24-26 or 25-27? If the latter, thats kinda odd, but im going anyway what day is the raffle? team hillbilly and team JKM-RC will be there
Last edited by Somethin' Extra; May 21, 2015 at 10:44 AM.
May 21, 2015, 11:09 AM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethin' Extra
Is it the 24-26 or 25-27? If the latter, thats kinda odd, but im going anyway what day is the raffle? team hillbilly and team JKM-RC will be there
Dates fixed on the first post.

The raffle is mainly on saturday. All the information is on the website www.wattsflyin.com
May 21, 2015, 11:11 AM
Perfect, thanks
May 22, 2015, 07:34 AM
Registered! Team PeasantCopter and JKM solutions will be there!
May 24, 2015, 09:24 AM
GREAT,

Will start cutting streamers for combat. I know some of our club members have already registered so there should be a good representation from Western Wisconsin .

RonJ
Jun 01, 2015, 09:40 AM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Don't wait to get pre-registered. We have gift bags for the first 50 registered pilots and all pre-registered pilots will be entered in a special raffle for a RxR Flyzone Zero!

Save money and have a chance at extra goodies!

www.wattsflyin.com
Jun 12, 2015, 04:11 PM
4ever newb
I'm hoping I can make it up this year, probably Sunday, it just sucks they picked the same weekend for the full scale air show in Mason City this year.
Jun 21, 2015, 09:51 AM
"Some do, some don't"
So this is where they are hiding the thread... Been looking for it in all the wrong places...

Shouldn't this be at the top of the Forums List?

Anyway hoping I made the First 50 group... And so looking forward to this.

Mark R.

old_coastie
Jun 22, 2015, 12:26 PM
Kit Manufacturer
I registered 5/21 so I guess I'm in the first 50 also!!
Latest blog entry: Release of our 40" EPP Yak55 XL
Jun 23, 2015, 10:36 PM
I've been registered since the day registration opened. This will be my third year!

Looking forward to it!

Jim
Jun 25, 2015, 10:52 AM
Fly low; Fly fast

How 'bout fpv racing?

Just thinking out loud here:

We could set up markers on either end of the runway with a few coroplast arrows laid out to make a triangle (or other shape) to keep it simple. If someone has gates, those would be awsome!

3 or 4 laps.

I could help with arrows and a video freq. board.

-Paul
Jun 26, 2015, 10:39 AM
MN WATTS Master
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulj

We could set up markers on either end of the runway with a few coroplast arrows laid out to make a triangle (or other shape) to keep it simple. If someone has gates, those would be awsome!

3 or 4 laps.

-Paul
This would be fun to include. Perhaps we can set it up on the parkflyer line one of the afternoons / evenings.

Steve
Jun 26, 2015, 11:02 AM
Quad fun for everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulj

3 or 4 laps.

-Paul
I'm up for FPV racing! My new 4s/1960kv/6045 ZMR250 beast will be ready for a go-around.

I saw that many people are making gates out of pool noodles...

Quick Reply