A few of us are having a fun fly this afternoon at the Elliston field, 5pm
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2015, 05:19 PM
Which one is aileron again?
Bugger. I wish I had seen this earlier.
Jul 25, 2015, 01:01 PM
Going to Dual Rates
Jim R,
I have your 1s battery you left at the field Friday evening. Call and let me know when you want to get it back.

Jim S
Jul 26, 2015, 05:26 AM

1s

Jim,

Thanks for that. Keep it with your indoor equipment and return it to me when we hold our first indoor session. Haven't worked out a schedule for indoor season yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, I've had poor results with the green Nano-Tech 1S cells. Puffing during gentle charging and low endurance in airplanes.

Jim R.
Last edited by JRuggiero; Jul 26, 2015 at 05:34 AM.
Jul 26, 2015, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
That was fun Friday excepting the crash/fails. Glad we finally got some flight time in and hope the weather will be so nice again soon. I managed to CA the arm back on my mini-quad and reinforce with flat carbon fiber. Flew it several times yeasterday and even had some hard landing. CA really sticks good to CF and I just used the cheap Wal-Mart kind that isn't foam safe!
Jul 26, 2015, 07:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a
Bugger. I wish I had seen this earlier.
Drew, sorry you missed out. I realize it was kind of short notice. We decided the night before to do it and I posted the next morning. The weather has me very confused. Hope to see you next time.
Jul 26, 2015, 11:14 AM
Going to Dual Rates
Jim, OK I will hold on to the battery. Reference the Turnigy 1s especially the NanoTec ones, ALL of mine ballooned and I have discarded all of them. will order new ones in the fall (different brand). Might be those cheap one cell chargers that come with the planes causing it, don't know?

Jim S

Sent from my iPad Air2
Aug 06, 2015, 12:43 PM
Thats the wrong way
So are you only airplanes or do you allow anything that flies
Aug 07, 2015, 10:15 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm250
So are you only airplanes or do you allow anything that flies
Small Helis and Multirotors are welcome too it's just that are field is small about 350 x 350 feet. I ran my racing quad around it last week
see this video to get an idea of the size.

Flight Testing the NightHawk Pro 280 Mini Quad from EMAX (4 min 42 sec)

Yup, it's a small field in Elliston but as you saw there was more room in Pearisburg at the AncientRiverEagles club.
The golf course is the other place I fly but only during times when the golfers are not playing which is seldom.
Aug 10, 2015, 08:05 AM
Thread OP
delete
Last edited by david.merc; Aug 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: delete
Aug 11, 2015, 12:23 PM
Thread OP

Meeting and Fun FLy

Meeting and fun fly has been changed to Thursday the 13th at 6:15pm at Elliston field.
Aug 12, 2015, 06:31 PM
Fly and Drive RC

Folks, please help me find my pet turtle

We lost our pet turtle last week (08/04) in the Hans Meadow area of Christiansburg, VA.

He has been sighted a few places in the last few days. As such, if you live or know folks in the area, then kindly read/share this message.

Local Police has also posted a flyer on their Facebook page: LINK

The local news paper, Roanoke times is also running a story today: LINK.

Please share this news story in your networks.
Aug 15, 2015, 05:49 AM
Dave,

Per your instructions, I found the club site.

TNX,

Jim
Aug 15, 2015, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuggiero
Dave,

Per your instructions, I found the club site.

TNX,

Jim
Glad it worked for you.
You can also keep a bookmark in your brouser.
Aug 16, 2015, 12:02 PM
Thats the wrong way
DAVE!!!! I just happened to stumble across one of your YOUTUBE Vid's ... it helped me with Sounds for my Taranis .... LOL Much Thanks !!!! Let me know when you have time to give me more "classes" on this Awesome but hard as crap to use TX

Quick Reply