Pro Hoarder
He is working back up to his old level!
Latest blog entry: In flight
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2015, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle
Yes, bad form Joe
Confirms my decision to put him on my ignore list.

I definately see a market for a fan like this.
Jun 05, 2015, 04:55 PM
BFMA #13, aka Rogue 13
got a jet legend complete F-20 kit on the shelf. has full scale kit including cockpit and all. been saving it for the right edf unit to come along since 2009. red and white finish. may be time to take it down...
will be watching the early users reports closely.
Jun 05, 2015, 05:00 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
mongo...that would be awesome!!
Jun 06, 2015, 05:41 AM
jofro
I was refering to the fans, nothing negative just being realistic. RCG being a public forum everyone got right to express an opinion, well said above, "if you don't like it just ignore it"!
Jun 07, 2015, 06:04 AM
TeamSiam
Thread OP

new fan, always new discussion

Hello my friends,

Back from 3 days flying on an military air field base in Germany.
Man, i loved these 3 days just flying and lying around in the sun. Should do that more often.

So in the mean time i had no chance to read the threads, and now there's a discussion.

Of course there are a lot of different opinions and arguments for possible arrangements to bring a new product in the market.

And every one is worth to think about, and to calculate and evaluate the possible volumes.
Pending on these different business cases, the developing costs, tooling costs and time to reach break even have to be decided very carefully by those who spent the money already to get the new product ready for the sales.

And of course there is a market research necessary before you should start your decission "how to, to whom, which prices,.. and so on"

Based on that, you could roughly design your business case.
And if all things went well, and you have the product exactly designed around your researches before, you couldn't switch to an other way of business, or other content of your product. And of course you also shouldn't do that.

means:
In a very small market, the product has to fit absolutely to the small group of buyers, as wanted and evaluated before.

All big players on the world are doing that, independed if they are selling a new car, golf acessories, clothes or planes, as well as expensive watches, ....

The more as i'm not a big player, i have to stay at my business case decission even sharper than a big one!

That's the only way to get back the money i already have spent.
The better the new product fits the defined group of buyers, the more i have the chance to earn money also.
But first, i have to reach break even.

Of course i know, that with such an arrangement i cannot satisfy every different possible option and request of every human beeing.

Keep whooshing my friends,
hope you can live with!

BR Rainer
Jun 07, 2015, 08:05 AM
Have you run it on 12s?
Jun 07, 2015, 09:02 AM
Lee Liddle
Rainer, we are lucky to have a calculating business man willing to help bring new products to our hobby with a sustainable business plan so that the products will be around and serviceable for a long time.

Please let me offer a suggestion.

In business, the way I see it, is to sell as many products as you can can and make the best profit margins possible. If you make the product yourself, like your current fans, you have the most control over quality and production costs. When you have to outsource production, like motors, your profit margin shrinks, your capital investment increases, and your market gets smaller if you only sell the fan with one specific motor.

I understand the need to find a quality motor to power your fan, and to make sure it is available. But will it not limit your sales and long term business plan if you only sell the complete package deal?

Look at the Dynamax and Ramtech fans as an example. They covered their initial development costs and investment a long time ago, but they are still sell fans and parts. They still profit from their hard work that they did decades ago.

I understand selling a turn key, ready to run, product, but there is also a good market for just the fan. I really think you should consider selling the"fan only" as an option too. Our hobby is full of guys who like to experiment with power systems. I hope you will seriously consider selling just the fan. It has proven to be a good business model in the past. I think that will be true going forward also.

As always, I wish you the best of luck and success in your efforts.

Lee
Jun 08, 2015, 05:48 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Personally I think Rainer is aiming the right way on this, My 127mm fan can be purchased as fan unit only, takes anything up to 50mm diameter motors at present and the 8mm shaft design is simple to use. However I have sold over 90% of my fans assembled ready to run, very few have been purchased by people wanting to stick their own motor in.
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
Jun 17, 2015, 07:54 AM
Cant wait to get these fans. If they come with preinstalled motors, im assuming they are the "best efficiency" motors for the fan?
Last edited by bRandom; Jun 22, 2015 at 01:10 AM.
Mar 08, 2016, 10:49 AM
world's slowest builder

JetFan130 Pro and Contra

(I'm reposting this for Rainer in the proper thread.)

Hello my waiting friends,

I feel that the need for an affordable priced fan in the range of the JF-130 is getting bigger and bigger.

And also maybe the need for completely systems like i showed to you already.
But i also feel that people want to have cheaper solutions where they can test their own variants of motors and cells.

So i'm hardly working to get both variants done for you.
At the moment we do have some samples of the "system" and are testing them in planes.
Here it's absolutely necessary to sell stable platforms to you, not risking your worth planes.

in parallel i'm designing different solutions for the inner stator kernel, to have the possibilty to use 55 and 56mm motors "off the shelf" with different types of heat sinks for the whole surface of the motors.

These heat sinks will be 2 types, one for the 55mm- and the second for the 56mm motors, and adjusted to the most used lenghts.

Then it's up to you, if you decide to use "cheaper" motors, or other different types from the "big player's".

I hope this are good news, as the costs of a working JF-130 are directly addicted to the price of the used motors.

best greetings from Austria,
Rainer
Mar 08, 2016, 12:35 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Build it as an integrated unit only, get it done and tested and offer it for sale...

Jack
Oct 17, 2016, 02:05 PM
world's slowest builder
Im hoping now that the JetFan-120-Pro project is wrapping up that the JetFan 130 Pro will be next on the list for 2017!!!
Oct 19, 2016, 01:58 PM
TeamSiam
Thread OP

Jf 120 pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon
Im hoping now that the JetFan-120-Pro project is wrapping up that the JetFan 130 Pro will be next on the list for 2017!!!
Yes Sir!

We are hardly working on the JF-120 PRO, as we are now waiting for a bigger quantity of the aluminum parts for the inner stator kernel, and heat sinks for the use from 8 kilo thrust up.

The rotor itself is slightly bigger in the diameter than this for the ECO, as the carbon shroud is slightly bigger.
Wasn't plannend that way, but the company making the mandrel for the tubes, couldn't make it to get the absolutely same dimensions.

As all of our JF-120 rotors are turned down to a perfect fit and small gap, the blades are anyway a bit longer than 119,5mm and will be adjusted to the needed diameter.

There will be 2 new 50mm-motors from Hacker, with internal venting and vent holes at the outer tube. They will come similar to HET in 685KV and 590 KV, but with slightly better performance, better bearings and running cooler.
Same will be done to some of the 39-40mm motors for the JF-100 and JF110. Some of this motors are already tested in several planes, and should be available end of November 2016.

Of course thy are more expensive, but worth it!

here from the German forum a BUILD-THREAD, and some videos of the new JF-120 PRo with such a Hackermotor in the new AVANTI- XS :-)
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...ghlight=avanti

First videoa from a cellua phone of the maiden!
Sebart Avanti XS (3 min 29 sec)

and
Sebart Avanti XS (4 min 18 sec)

Enjoy my friends.
Rainer
Oct 19, 2016, 05:09 PM
world's slowest builder
Good news Rainer! Looking forward to see what the 130 Pro can do. The 120 Pro is really impressing me and I am eagerly awaiting the figures with the Hacker motors.

You have quite the line of fans now! The 130 Pro will be the icing on the cake, especially for us Byron Original jet owners!
Last edited by Air-Jon; Oct 19, 2016 at 05:28 PM.

Quick Reply