May 21, 2015, 10:05 AM
That's what the JF120 ECO is for, the sub 6kW market for those who like to assemble their own power package. So they will most likely sell many more of the 120 than this 130 fan. But the two products are not made for the same market, together they complement each other.

Asking for this to be sold without the motor is like asking Schubeler to sell the HST fans without the motor, it's an integrated part of the fan and don't make any sense.
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2015, 10:25 AM
Lee Liddle
They could make a universal style center body easily enough.

There must be a good market for 130mm sized fans that operate below 7kw, or so many people would not have gone to the trouble to build their own.

So imo it makes good sense to sell it as a more versatile fan that more people will use, even if a different center body has to be offered.
May 21, 2015, 01:31 PM
Still, that's why you can buy the JF 120, as the load of that rotor better matches off the shelf motors. The reason why so many 5" fans are converted to EDF is simply because that's the old standard dimension from back in the glow days so there's lots of fans out there.
May 21, 2015, 03:30 PM
Lee Liddle
Well, speaking for myself, I would buy this as a fan only, but will not be interested in it if it is only sold with a built in motor.
May 21, 2015, 03:42 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Arngeir has a good point and one that might be lost on some. Part of the reason you see a lot of fan bodies around, and maybe why that's acceptable, is due to the conversion of old GDF's. I'm not sure with today's engineering if you'd find high performance parts being sold separately like that. I am thoroughly convinced an engineered solution is worth it, I came into my project looking to experiment but by the time I'm done, I'll have spent the same as an engineered, configured and pre-assembled solution...

Jack
May 21, 2015, 04:05 PM
Lee Liddle
Yes, but then you also have the formula to repeat a lower cost solution and you have shared it with the community.
May 21, 2015, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle
Well, speaking for myself, I would buy this as a fan only, but will not be interested in it if it is only sold with a built in motor.
I would too for the potential lowered watts in to thrust out...
Jun 02, 2015, 03:26 AM
jofro
Very nice fan unit with nice price tag! Only 3mm smaller, my humble AU$450- Ramtec inc. motor gives me 9.5kg thrust at 9.5Kw which I rarely use because the thing got more power than I need at 1/2 stick on 7.5Kw. taking off while using better batt. and that is only on 12S!
Hype, Hype, Hype, Novelty, Novelty, Novelty and soon it all just evaporates.
Jun 02, 2015, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro
Very nice fan unit with nice price tag! Only 3mm smaller, my humble AU$450- Ramtec inc. motor gives me 9.5kg thrust at 9.5Kw which I rarely use because the thing got more power than I need at 1/2 stick on 7.5Kw. taking off while using better batt. and that is only on 12S!
Hype, Hype, Hype, Novelty, Novelty, Novelty and soon it all just evaporates.
You don't have to buy one and I don't think your negative attitude is warranted, Someone is paying money to develop and bring this much needed fan to market, buy one, don't buy one but why crap on it? I for one can tell you it is much needed and appreciated!

Jack
Jun 02, 2015, 07:33 AM
Lee Liddle
Yes, bad form Joe
Jun 02, 2015, 07:33 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
because he's jofro....and this isn't a austrailian fan....its a Austrian fan....
Jun 02, 2015, 07:50 AM
Banzai Institute
That is an astute observation Nut, and one that I fully agree with.

Dean
Jun 02, 2015, 08:17 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Jun 06, 2015 at 09:22 AM.
Jun 02, 2015, 09:03 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
what the?

ok lets get back on track lol
Jun 02, 2015, 10:18 AM
Just what RCG needs... wang pics! Doh!

Quick Reply