May 19, 2015, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
Price, availability (date), order from?

Jack
I can see you wanting to put one of these into the Sebart Avanti. Should be doing OK on 14S 10000mAh.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2015, 06:50 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
what about a 130 eco?
May 20, 2015, 06:32 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth
I can see you wanting to put one of these into the Sebart Avanti. Should be doing OK on 14S 10000mAh.
Yes, I actually thought his was probably going to be the best solution when I ordered the AvantiS. I have the room ;-)

Jack
May 20, 2015, 06:40 AM
TeamSiam
Thread OP

Eco

Hello Brent,

Here's nothing ECO
Always pending on the possible volume of sales, the prices /pcs. are double to three times higher than at the 120 ECO fan.

Starting from the Aluminum parts, to the extra kernel to manufacture the 130mm carbon tube, to the stator and rotor blades theirselfes, as also for their injection molding toolings. Same with the developement of the fan, has had bigger costs than any other fan till now!

For an ECO-solution we would anyway need the rotor and Carbon tube and then an extra stator kernel to get different motors to work.
So i would have higher development prices again, and extra tooling costs.

And the result is that you will end up with $ 650 + motors from Plettenberg, Neu or Leomotion, and the end price for you will sum up the same or higher than my price for a working unit.

I promise you that we tested and developed this motor longer than a year, and now it's working fine and efficient.
But it's a custom made motor with a very small volume/year and so it's expensive for both of us.

And as we do now have the strongest and most efficient unit in this class on earth, with the possibility to make 33 lbs and more easily with a longer motor and more cells at a nice efficiency, belive me that there is now way for a normal customer to get better values with a cheap motor!

We tried that with all our skills since years and ended up with this one of a kind solution.
Any other tryout ended with burned motors or bearings, way more heavy motors or bad efficiency!

So you must be aware that this unit is really expensive, but worth it!
We definately don't know the exactly costs for us till now, so i only can say that we will be cheaper than the HST-94 DIA at the same level of prefabrication.
But not that much

Anyway the first jet "Fouga Magister" with 3,1 meter span in fully composite will fly next week, and i'll try to make a video.

BR Rainer
May 20, 2015, 08:21 AM
Could you do a version with a motor designed to run on higher than 14S cellcounts?

I'd love to see something made to run on 18S, it would make the ampdraw nice and low enough to run on 3 x 6S 8-9000mAh batteries in series.
May 20, 2015, 10:50 AM
Rainer this is great!

Will there be an offering with no motor?
9700 watts on 14s is 130 amps at 20s using 3.75v under load

120 amps 20s esc is really affordable

What whee
May 20, 2015, 11:27 AM
He pretty much said no, they expect the motor you'd need to run this fan with decent performance to be near $600, for that they see no reason to offer it without and people then use motors they already know will fail or provide poor performance. This much power requires an integrated and well engineered solution, same as all the other big boys found out...

Jack
May 20, 2015, 11:39 AM
That's how I understood it as well. As long as the unit will be available with different wind motors to suit different cellcounts this is fine.
May 20, 2015, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth
That's how I understood it as well. As long as the unit will be available with different wind motors to suit different cellcounts this is fine.
Agreed! I've been saying for years we need 130mm+ and with 30lbs of thrust, this fan will make a lot of models good candidates for e-power...

Jack
May 20, 2015, 11:56 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
i could stick 1 jf130 in my f15
May 20, 2015, 01:22 PM
Still Screamin'!
Nice!! Specs?
May 20, 2015, 01:25 PM
Looking forward to getting them in Rainer !

Looks like a new plan for the F-20.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
May 20, 2015, 01:27 PM
Still Screamin'!
Your F-20 Gary
May 20, 2015, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
He pretty much said no, they expect the motor you'd need to run this fan with decent performance to be near $600...
I didn't read that there are no motors that give decent, reliable performance for little cost.

There are plenty of motors out there that'd do that for what I'd want to do....

With this fan there's potential for lower watts in for x thrust and efflux out due to it's bigger size.
May 20, 2015, 06:23 PM
I'm just saying I wouldn't get your hopes up for a 130 fan body/rotor only...

Jack

Quick Reply