Jan 16, 2020, 09:08 PM
Battery Puffer
True but I live in Vegas so we sometimes fly when it's pretty warm out.
But pushing this much energy into the fan you need to keep things in check and I don't want to worry about my motor or esc getting hot in a jet that can carry the weight of a heavier motor. I will save weight by using lighter cells where I can make a bigger difference.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2020, 09:37 PM
Lee Liddle
sorry when I say running cool I mean that it's not in a runaway heat situation. I think the pesk temp was about 170 F. Too hot to touch but well within the rating of the motor. Also you don't want to be in a situation where you have to ruin batteries in order to do a cool down period on the ground
Jan 17, 2020, 12:32 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
I'm glad they bumped the center body ID to 55mm, I'm convinced we've maxed out the sub-55mm motor class of EDF's @ 20 - 24lbs, the motors (no matter how long) just can't take the constant power levels required...

Jack
Jan 17, 2020, 12:58 AM
Battery Puffer
Par just dumped 5400 mah out of an 8000 mah battery in 2 minutes time. Everybody was happy. Now you take that set up and put it in a jet and fly for 6 minutes, everybody is going to be more happy. I expect to get over 34+lbs on my jetfan and don't expect anything to get hot or stressed. The 130 pro was run up to 40,000 but Rainer says the fan can easily do 38,000, no sweat as he put it.
I think your post is incorrect Jack. Where not going to use 600g het motors, were using 1100g + motors and Pars post proves they do indeed work just fine at the levels we're talking about.
Jan 17, 2020, 03:36 AM
Mark? I am agreeing that larger, massive motors are the key and we simply can't expect our current 120mm standard set of motors that we've all used and are accustomed with, to handle these loads day-in, day-out. I'm the guy that special ordered the TP Power 5690 before it was even available here, close to 18 months ago...

Jack
Jan 17, 2020, 04:02 AM
And batteries are cheap now check chl i got some 6000mah 70c 6s 1075grams for $73 w free shipping. A lot of Amps
Jan 17, 2020, 08:14 AM
Registered balsa abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
I'm glad they bumped the center body ID to 55mm, I'm convinced we've maxed out the sub-55mm motor class of EDF's @ 20 - 24lbs, the motors (no matter how long) just can't take the constant power levels required...

Jack

I believe the center body ID on the Jetfan 130 is 56mm as they are using SSS motors, might be a good idea to check if they also offer a 55MM ID heatsink for those who are using TP Power motors.
Last edited by Arngeir Blakseth; Jan 17, 2020 at 10:16 AM.
Jan 17, 2020, 11:14 AM
Battery Puffer
I already ordered the TFL 56114 500 kv motor with 10mm shaft for mine. Jetfan didn't have an 8 mm collect for his 130mm fan that I would have needed for the TP motor. And for some reason he liked the TFL motor over the Het, TP and Leapord motors. I wanted to be able to try the TP motor too.
Jan 17, 2020, 11:18 AM
Battery Puffer
Zenoheli

I make an 8000 mah battery that weighs what that chl does and that's what I'll be using in my jet.
Sometimes the cheapest battery isn't the correct tool for the job.
Jan 17, 2020, 11:33 AM
Registered balsa abuser
I think the 10mm shaft is a very good idea when we are running this much power and rpms.
Jan 17, 2020, 11:57 AM
Battery Puffer
Both Schubeler and jet fan use 10mm motors now for this size of fan.
I found the fan at turbinesrc for 10% off which brings the total to $542. for fan and ring shipped to me. Eflux wouldn't match the price so I will order from TRC. Seems silly to not match this price when I was going to pay him for it before he even ordered it.
Jan 17, 2020, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth
I believe the center body ID on the Jetfan 130 is 56mm as they are using SSS motors, might be a good idea to check if they also offer a 55MM ID heatsink for those who are using TP Power motors.
The specs I found on their website show 55mm, either way. BTW, my TP Power 5690 is actually 56mm, not the 55mm they spec! This is why I have to send my Vasa 145 back to Vaclav...

Jack
Jan 17, 2020, 12:33 PM
Lee Liddle
The motors Par gets from TP are 10mm shaft. They do make them just might not be on their website
Jan 17, 2020, 02:33 PM
Dont confuse me with the facts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF
I already ordered the TFL 56114 500 kv motor with 10mm shaft for mine. Jetfan didn't have an 8 mm collect for his 130mm fan that I would have needed for the TP motor. And for some reason he liked the TFL motor over the Het, TP and Leapord motors. I wanted to be able to try the TP motor too.
I am not as familiar with TP and TFL motors as HET and Nue. What are the advantages of TP over TFL and visa versa? Is one known to be better, more reliable , have better heat dissipation, wight to power ratio, or some other thing?

Scott
Jan 17, 2020, 03:15 PM
Registered balsa abuser
HET and Neu don't have 56mm dia. motors so for this fan forget about them. TP and TFL (SSS) are of very similar construction, both are 6 pole inrunners and is available in different length and winds. Which is better I don't know but TP cost a bit more, and is available in a larger selection of kV/length combinations. Both brands are from China.

Quick Reply