Aug 05, 2015, 12:20 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Also has a look at the Tundra @ Rozenburg, and have to say it looked very good!

Seen Stuart flying it many times on Saturday, and had a closer look when it was in the flight-line and at the booth.

Could not realy find anything that I did not like about it, landing gear with springs looked good allthough it had a slichtly bend. (probably from a hard landing, model looked like it was used a lot on the Euro tour)

I sold my MPX Fun-Cup some time ago as I have the larger Carbon-Z Cub now, but I might just order a Tundra when it it's at the NL warehouse. Think it's a very fun model to fly.

Some pics from the show, click for full size:
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2015, 12:28 PM
New York Highlander
Looks great! Thanks for posting the pics!
We'll probably be waiting a bit after the P-40 release for this one though... Maybe later in the Fall?
Aug 05, 2015, 01:41 PM
Opinions on how the Tundra compares to the MPX Fun Cub?

Thanks!
Aug 05, 2015, 01:42 PM
Opinions on how the HK Tundra compares to the MPX Fun Cub?

Thanks!
Aug 05, 2015, 05:28 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Can't realy tell untill I fly it.

It's a tiny bit smaller, Fun-Cub is 1400mm and it's design does not look as modern as the Tundra.
Do have to say the MPX foam is high quality, and it's a very good flyer. But it's bigger and higher price.

The Tundra compares more to the Parkzone Sport Cub, as that's the same 1300mm size.
Just checked on the price and in the EU you can buy the Parkzone starting at around € 165,-

FMS has nice J3 Piper Cub's, both 1100 and 1400mm wingspan. (no bush wheels)

In my opinion Durafly should sell it with the floats as optional. At a bit lower price.
Think it will sell very well and would be also good as trainer, second plane after a Bixler/pusher, or just a fun foamie for all other pilots that fly from grass.

But to realy compare.. one should fly them side by side.
Aug 05, 2015, 05:37 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Brings back memories

MPX FunCub - Funky 360 (2 min 21 sec)
Aug 05, 2015, 07:29 PM
New York Highlander
Wow I couldn't watch that video! I was getting dizzy!
Aug 07, 2015, 05:58 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
Can't realy tell untill I fly it.

It's a tiny bit smaller, Fun-Cub is 1400mm and it's design does not look as modern as the Tundra.
Do have to say the MPX foam is high quality, and it's a very good flyer. But it's bigger and higher price.

The Tundra compares more to the Parkzone Sport Cub, as that's the same 1300mm size.
Just checked on the price and in the EU you can buy the Parkzone starting at around € 165,-

FMS has nice J3 Piper Cub's, both 1100 and 1400mm wingspan. (no bush wheels)

In my opinion Durafly should sell it with the floats as optional. At a bit lower price.
Think it will sell very well and would be also good as trainer, second plane after a Bixler/pusher, or just a fun foamie for all other pilots that fly from grass.

But to realy compare.. one should fly them side by side.
Agreed - Floats are worthless to me and I hate paying for something I am just going to remove from the box and throw into the recycle bin.
Aug 13, 2015, 11:56 AM
always something to learn...
I'm looking forward to this, and the P-40. I used to work for Cubcrafters, and Bush planes are just incredible. I'm hoping the Tundra has the power needed to do some great flying, and it looks like it does. I guess now the question is will the P-40 come out first, or the Tundra?? I'm getting both. ------Metalguy
Aug 13, 2015, 12:00 PM
I'm dizzy. Whoa.
Aug 16, 2015, 07:46 PM
I am also looking at the HobbyKing Bushmaster. It looks to be a good, large, powerful plane, judging from the videos on YouTube by SpeedsterDen. ------Metalguy
Aug 17, 2015, 09:23 PM
Hit the buy button on the Bushmaster. Looking forward to wringing it out!--------Metalguy
Aug 18, 2015, 12:30 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy
Hit the buy button on the Bushmaster. Looking forward to wringing it out!--------Metalguy
The one Bushmaster I have seen seemed well designed, well constructed and flew nicely. However it seems to have been somewhat of a sales flop here in the UK, I suspect because buyers prefer 3S power in this type of plane. The PZ Sportcub probably has a lot to do with it too...
Last edited by MattyB; Aug 19, 2015 at 06:18 PM.
Aug 18, 2015, 08:56 PM
They call me Lipo...

While we patiently wait....

Here's some Super STOL aircraft in action :
Just Aircraft at SUN n FUN 2015 (4 min 18 sec)

One looks like it might have been the inspiration for the color scheme for the Tundra....
Aug 19, 2015, 05:53 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit
Here's some Super STOL aircraft in action :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU7s1mLQ0k0

One looks like it might have been the inspiration for the color scheme for the Tundra....
Yep - when I have a chance... that is my choice for my first real aircraft.... been wanting one since the day they were announced. Love it.... hence for now, will need a Tundra or 3.

Quick Reply