Jul 19, 2018, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carre55
Got a few dings a scratches is there a suitable paint for the orange/grey one
The only orange paint is the fin leading edge (the rest is all done with stickers). There's lots of grey, but that's pretty easy to match. I just mixed black and white acrylic till it looked right.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2018, 11:07 AM
Haven't looked in here for a while, don't see that 'Tube' guy anymore who was very prolific, where did he go? Don't see any vids of his work of late?
Jul 19, 2018, 11:21 AM
BMFA 190658
The Feds might have caught up with him
Jul 19, 2018, 04:13 PM
If you lived in the North West of England I could give you as much paint as you want. I mixed my own. The grey is very easy just white and add in some black til it looks right. The orange was a little trickier to make but I'm sure you could do it with a few tints from your local car paint shop. I used 2k basecoat. Gives exactly the same finish when sprayed with an airbrush.
Jul 19, 2018, 10:58 PM
No I’m tother side of hills in God’s country Yorkshire
It’s just a few scratches near battery hatch il break out my Vallejo boxes and look closer at the colour cheers
Jul 20, 2018, 02:09 AM
BMFA 190658
Can you morph it into weathering?
Jul 20, 2018, 06:27 AM
I just borrowed some tubes of acrylic from my wife's art supplies box, mixed up on an old business card with a cocktail stick. Applied with a brush - looks fine! The grey needs touching in fairly regularly if you want to keep it looking smart, particularly at the wingtips!
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jul 20, 2018, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
I just borrowed some tubes of acrylic from my wife's art supplies box, mixed up on an old business card with a cocktail stick. Applied with a brush - looks fine! The grey needs touching in fairly regularly if you want to keep it looking smart, particularly at the wingtips!
That's the way.
Jul 22, 2018, 12:30 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
edit: like the battery maneuver, video posting also a bad idea
Last edited by Doug Simmons; Jul 22, 2018 at 01:14 PM.
Jul 22, 2018, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Simmons
Hey now, hey now. Hope you all are enjoying yourselves. True story: So I was charging five packs in parallel...
--- CUT ---
Never seen so many dangerous actions with batteries in a single video...
Jul 22, 2018, 07:24 PM
New York Highlander
What did I just miss?

Fergy
Jul 22, 2018, 08:38 PM
wildblue30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantus70
Never seen so many dangerous actions with batteries in a single video...
My favorite was trying to stamp out the ignited LiPo with his bare foot.
Jul 23, 2018, 03:41 AM
Thought everyone did that. I'm sure that I read it somewhere that a burning lipo will damage your shoes and socks.
Jul 23, 2018, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildblue30
My favorite was trying to stamp out the ignited LiPo with his bare foot.
Jul 23, 2018, 12:13 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Simmons
edit: like the battery maneuver, video posting also a bad idea
GOD ALMIGHTY DOUGIE!

You KNOW how I love your viddys!

Perhaps a private link?

Man, it must have been a DOOSEY!

b

Quick Reply