Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar
please do!
Wish granted:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3860921
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 08:38 AM
Aviation Enthusiast
After flying my Tundra for two years on the water with floats, land with wheels and in the snow with skis, my stock original cf prop is starting to get worn, I think the APC would be the choice for replacement. Been a good plane for the past few years, takes a beating and keeps going.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:27 PM
Just ordered a new one yesterday.

Seems HK Aus has the green ones for about 260AUD delivered.

What is it I see mentioned about the green one being different to the other colors? Is that true?
Sep 17, 2019, 04:42 PM
Waiting for the next clear day
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC/DC
Just ordered a new one yesterday.

Seems HK Aus has the green ones for about 260AUD delivered.

What is it I see mentioned about the green one being different to the other colors? Is that true?
The only difference are the wheels that come with the green one. The "color" Tundras have soft, heavy , squishy foam wheels. The green one has harder, more durable EPP foam wheels. I've had my green one for almost 3 years with no problems.

Tony
Sep 17, 2019, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla
The only difference are the wheels that come with the green one. The "color" Tundras have soft, heavy , squishy foam wheels. The green one has harder, more durable EPP foam wheels. I've had my green one for almost 3 years with no problems.

Tony
Nice one! I got lucky then.

Isn't that odd though...you'd think they'd just have a big bin full of wheels and fit them to whatever color came through the line, rather than having different ones in stock.

Never mind, I'm happy to get better wheels.
Sep 17, 2019, 06:18 PM
Better, when it comes to wheels, is relative; it depends on the surface you fly from. Paved runways tend to eat up hard foam wheels - at least, ours does. I replaced the hard foam wheels on my Pandora with the soft DuBro wheels before they failed. I do have spare squishy wheels for my Tundra, as the covering is starting to scuff off of the first set.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr
Better, when it comes to wheels, is relative; it depends on the surface you fly from. Paved runways tend to eat up hard foam wheels - at least, ours does. I replaced the hard foam wheels on my Pandora with the soft DuBro wheels before they failed. I do have spare squishy wheels for my Tundra, as the covering is starting to scuff off of the first set.
Mate I'm not too fussed about such matters.

I've got the Durafly Slowpoke there, said to have the hardest/heaviest/bounciest wheels known to man, and the way it lands suggests it's all true. But I'm certainly learning to grease in those landings with it.

I'm sure I'll be happy whatever wheels come on the Tundy, and I won't be bothering with changing them until they're well and truly worn out, that's for sure.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:36 AM
Aviation Enthusiast
I have used Dubro wheels on my Tundra in a pinch when I switch from floats and forgot to bring the correct wheels and it worked just fine. You could probably use any wheel that will fit with no issues.
Sep 20, 2019, 05:50 AM
Suspended Account
Frankentundra. Repaired, touched up, and tested: all good.
Sep 20, 2019, 08:51 AM
LOOK UP
better than new
Sep 20, 2019, 09:04 AM
Suspended Account
They were out of green cowls ans hatches.

Stickers...
Sep 20, 2019, 09:12 AM
BMFA 190658
Looks good to me!!!
Sep 21, 2019, 05:52 PM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Trolling much, with irrelevant comments in a Tundra thread, for which belly landing is a non-issue?
You obviously haven't been watching me learn to land on a runway!
Sep 24, 2019, 09:52 PM
aka: Major Tom
Think the green Tundra will ever be offered in the US again? Having a hard time finding one!
Sep 24, 2019, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shurt
Think the green Tundra will ever be offered in the US again? Having a hard time finding one!
Ask, and you will receive... Green Tundra - U.S. Warehouse

When I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago there was a 'Subscribe' button that gave you an additional 10% off. That brought it down to $144 with free shipping.

Don

Quick Reply