Gt500 - Page 5 - RC Groups
Oct 13, 2015, 10:22 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak
Racing season has started. Using the GT500 very regularly now. It's been a great charger.
The update utility worked great. I plan to be charging with v2.13 shortly.

Excellent! Glad to hear another good report. I've recently chatted with another GT500 owner at the field who just loves his. I hear lots of comments about easy it get started charging along with the nice display of data. No manual required.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2015, 05:39 AM
Does this new one charge lead properly?

That is CC/CV and a lower setting for CV float?
(not CC trickle)

Because its hard to tell from the specs. And does it allow PC setting, control, monitoring etc?
Oct 14, 2015, 06:54 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
The Lead program is CC/CV/Float. The float is a constant voltage stage at 13.6v if I recall correctly. The float stage is current limited. The limit based on the charge rate but is configurable.

The PC software is not like the CCS. It provides charger "state" monitoring but does not do any graphing can cannot be used to make setup changes to the charger. Its also used to perform firmware updates.
Oct 15, 2015, 08:17 AM
OK, thanks!
Nov 09, 2015, 10:02 AM
I don't really see an advantage to this unit over a PL6. It just seems like a better deal to spend 20 extra dollars and get another 500w/20A capacity. It would make more sense if they just updated the PL series to include the rotary dial would it not?
Nov 09, 2015, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccoy
I don't really see an advantage to this unit over a PL6. It just seems like a better deal to spend 20 extra dollars and get another 500w/20A capacity. It would make more sense if they just updated the PL series to include the rotary dial would it not?
I would not be surprised to see these upgrades make it over to the PL6 before long.
Nov 09, 2015, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
I would not be surprised to see these upgrades make it over to the PL6 before long.
I would. It would take an architecture change to the PowerLabs to implement the GT500 type controls and display. So it's not likely to happen.

Glen
Nov 09, 2015, 04:47 PM
Could the GT500 platform be upgraded to incorporate the PL6's capabilities?
Nov 09, 2015, 09:16 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
Could the GT500 platform be upgraded to incorporate the PL6's capabilities?
The GT500 provides a nice UI and navigation wheel. Its easy to use and quick to charge any type of battery. As for adding "Powerlab" capabilities, which ones are you asking about? Power, PC connection, graphing? Something else?
Nov 10, 2015, 01:01 AM
Power, etc.

Ease of use and ability to charge up to 6S 5000 plus batteries reasonably quickly is what I'm interested in. I haven't done any parallel charging yet, but I would be interested in that capability too.
Nov 10, 2015, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Power, etc.

Ease of use and ability to charge up to 6S 5000 plus batteries reasonably quickly is what I'm interested in. I haven't done any parallel charging yet, but I would be interested in that capability too.
A 6S 5000mAh charging at 1C = 126W. So you could charge your 6S 5000mAh at nearly 4C on the GT500. I would consider that "reasonably quickly".

If you need more power than that I guess you could have to consider the PowerLab 6.

BTW parallel charging is not a factor of the charger. Any charger can parallel charge. Of course the chargers power rating would determine how many batteries and how fast they could be charged. You could parallel charge on a 50W charger. Of course the batteries would have to be relatively low mAh. I regularly parallel charge four 3S 2200mAh LiPo's at 2C or 3C on my GT500.

Glen
Nov 10, 2015, 12:27 PM
Thanks Glen, your response was helpful.
Dec 05, 2015, 07:30 PM
The GT500 Duo looks great.
http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...r.3.8.5x11.pdf

If it would only discharged to resistors/light bulbs through the opposite channel like the IChargers, you would have a near perfect product. I would be all in. Not everybody uses field batteries for power supplies. I know car racers are a small percentage of sales, but what about fliers that are at home working at their bench? I am shocked this hasn't made it's way into a Revo product yet. You could even sell a resistor bank w/fan and LEDs separately.
Last edited by sportpak; Dec 06, 2015 at 08:59 AM.
Dec 17, 2015, 01:43 AM
longrangefpv.com
hi all,

I just ordered one of there GT500, based on the exclusively positive review that I have seen. Only thing missing is what sportpak brought up, about very low bench discharge capability, do to inability to connect extra load.

Anyway my question is (order still in the mail) what connector cable does the base unit come with? There not a single "what's in the box" detail on any of the product info pages, nor have I been able to find a single unboxing video or picture.

I see that it has banana plug output to battery, but are there any cables included for this? Do I have to buy one or make one for myself. No biggie, I just need to know if I should order plugs and stuff.

BTW I use XT60, but incase it has cables with deans then I can re-solder that no problem. The only thing I don't have is banana plugs. So if those are also needed then I would like to put in the order in time.

Are the plugs the popular 4mm banana.

PS: If anyone from the company is reading this, then you might wanna update the product description page. Its quite common these days to have such information provided. Every other product that I have see has such information readily available in the description. It is usually at the end and tittle "Whats included" or "package content".

Anyway back to the question, so if its a banana 4mm, then I guess something like this would be perfect, right?: Charge Cable w/ Male XT60 <-> 4mm Banana plug

Thank you for your help.
Dec 17, 2015, 07:20 AM
If you look here: http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...00-EC5-version you can see what is included with the GT500. Which option did you order?

The main battery connectors on the front of the GT500 are 4mm banana jacks. One of the purchase options comes with the "protected" 4mm banana plug cables. You add your own battery connector to the cable.

The power supply cable at the rear of the unit is an EC5 connector which I believe is 5mm.

You can find cables and adapters on the page I referenced above.

Glen