Gt500 - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jun 09, 2015, 12:27 AM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak
Pre-ordered the GT500. I unloaded my 308 DUO, so I am all in.

I have some JST 8s ended balance cables handy, if I read correctly, I will be able to plug that straight into the balance port.

If I am correct, I can assemble charging cables for 1s or 2s batteries just like for my PL6, substituting the FMA balance cable for the JST.

Yes?
Yes, it accepts a JST-XH balance connector. But for 1s cells, no balance wire is required for the GT500 or the PL6. A 2s charging cable will be the same as a Powerlab6 except for the connector that plugs into the charger.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2015, 09:13 AM
Ive got one pre-ordered for work as well. Currently using PL6's which have been great so far. About the only issue we have had is the film covering the charger faceplate cracking around the switches. FMA supplied new self adhesive films. I was really glad to see the GT-500 changed to a panel mount switch instead of a "tactile".
Jun 09, 2015, 01:18 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
The clear film on the Powerlabs is for shipping only and intended to be removed by the user.
Jun 09, 2015, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99
The clear film on the Powerlabs is for shipping only and intended to be removed by the user.
Sorry I guess I should have made it more clear. I was talking about the printed overlay that contains the clear protector window for the LCD as well as the tactile pads. In my perfect world I would have the innards of the powerlab in a more robust case with individual sealed panel mount buttons.
Jun 20, 2015, 06:16 AM
I will assume the input cable connector is an EC5 male connection like the Powerlabs?
I am making sure I have all my stuff ready to go when it arrives.
Last edited by sportpak; Jun 20, 2015 at 07:25 AM.
Jun 20, 2015, 08:46 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
I will assume the input cable connector is an EC5 male connection like the Powerlabs?
Correct.
Jul 02, 2015, 11:20 PM
Is there going to be other type in the gt series? Like maybe gt300?
Jul 03, 2015, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p
Is there going to be other type in the gt series? Like maybe gt300?
I'm betting if the new interface is successful, you will see the PL series updated.
I only see wattage outputs getting higher from 500.
Jul 03, 2015, 11:02 AM
My GT500 came today! Looks very nice. I hope to have it running tomorrow.

1st observation, the rotatory wheel sticks a little bit when you press it. It appears the clearance hole in the case is a little on the small side and rubs the on the stem of the wheel. It does NOT appear to be an off center issue. I will probably trim the hole up a little for extra clearance. Let's see if anyone else has this issue with theirs.
Jul 03, 2015, 03:29 PM
I got the sticky wheel fixed. The vinyl decal ended up being a smidge too tight around the hole.

I held the charger up, almost upside down, and ran a sharp exact-o knife around the hole carefully. A nice curl of excess decal came right off without much pressure at all.

Works like a champ now.
Jul 03, 2015, 04:49 PM
RCTC

parallel charging

Just got my charger and I am parallel charging two 6 cell lipo batteries.
Is there any where I tell the charger I am parallel charging two batteries or does it detect it on its own?
Jul 03, 2015, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctc
Just got my charger and I am parallel charging two 6 cell lipo batteries.
Is there any where I tell the charger I am parallel charging two batteries or does it detect it on its own?
When parallel charging on any charger, the GT500 or any other charger, the charger sees the charging batteries as a single battery. The chargers cannot determine that multiple batteries are being charged.

Glen
Jul 04, 2015, 12:28 AM
Quote:
I'm betting if the new interface is successful, you will see the PL series updated.
I only see wattage outputs getting higher from 500.
I like the rotary and the new interface but i noticed only $20 difference between gt500 and PL6, with 1000w power i prefer PL6. I already own PL6 so buying gt500 doesn't make much sense maybe a PL6 with rotary someday?

I am still hoping for compact sub 300watt charger with revo reliability to charge my smaller packs so i can charge them while my bigger packs is charging preferably under $100 to distance itself from other revo charger.
Jul 04, 2015, 08:01 AM
Using the GT500 this morning. This is a very nice charger. It's definitely an FMA product through and through.

The larger display is totally where the PL6/8 need to be.

Expand the discharge feature, like I've talked about before (you know dang well flyers would use it too!), and this baby is nearly perfect.
Jul 04, 2015, 09:10 AM
RCTC

Parallel charging

On my new charger it took almost two and a half hours to fully charge my 2- 6 cell
lipo 3300 mah packs.

when I parallel charge on my pl6 those same packs it takes a little more than one hour to bring both packs up to fully charged.

Both packs had 38 % of there charge left in them before I charged them on the gt 500.

Is this normal for parallel charging 2 or more packs on the gt 500?