May 15, 2015, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Eflite make 60-120 85 degree retracts
Ooops I missed that on retracts. I was not suggesting the TF 190 was correct it was just 2 examples of better implementation of the gear. Dihedral is off on most planes. If you enlarge the picture where the wing is standing up in the corner in the background there is a small hump in front of the gear at the wing root. Look at the area circled in red.
Last edited by Bhodi11; May 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2015, 09:03 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thanks for compliments , I do agree its not that you want to buy a nice warbird and bash it , just was saying that the overall look is cool and agree the covering seems very well done.
This was my remake of my Dave PLatt Dora, at the time I did not get good retracts, these are 84 degree with Williams brother wheels.
This plane had two lives , one in gas and most recently with the eflight 110 !!
May 16, 2015, 08:29 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I think someone saud there are no 74 degree available , perhaps not in eletric but very reliable Spring Air has 74 degree retracts perfact for 60 thru 75" span models
May 16, 2015, 10:58 AM
The Rudder thickness is Messed on that Dora model
May 16, 2015, 04:49 PM
Wonder how long we will have to wait for specs? Hopefully Ace's High will have a website up soon since the cat is out of the bag.
May 16, 2015, 07:16 PM
Thread OP
I believe they said buy June 1st they hope to have evreything up and running. I'm curious to see what else the have coming out soon.
May 16, 2015, 08:13 PM
Maybe a Jug? Being that the FW-190 is my favorite warbird anything else is a bonus in my book.
Last edited by Bhodi11; May 16, 2015 at 08:29 PM.
May 16, 2015, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
The FW-190 is my favorite also. I just have a feeling the next might be a spitfire. I would like to see a P-38 maybe run it on a pair of there new prototype 4 s motors that they have been developing. I know most people are not aware of what I'm talking about. They have a new motor that a few people have (there team sponsord pilots) it's relatively small and light wt that makes around 900 to 1000 watts that runs on 4 cell. It's been in testing for a while there team pilots have been beating them up to see how much abuse they can take. The people that want a good P-38 have no options right now at least that I'm aware of. So that could fill a void in the market.
May 16, 2015, 10:39 PM
John
hmmm, I have a DM3615-750 in a Vyper Bype, and it's crossed my mind a couple of times how it would do in one of the 48's with that extra 100+ watts
May 16, 2015, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman
The FW-190 is my favorite also. I just have a feeling the next might be a spitfire. I would like to see a P-38 maybe run it on a pair of there new prototype 4 s motors that they have been developing. I know most people are not aware of what I'm talking about. They have a new motor that a few people have (there team sponsord pilots) it's relatively small and light wt that makes around 900 to 1000 watts that runs on 4 cell. It's been in testing for a while there team pilots have been beating them up to see how much abuse they can take. The people that want a good P-38 have no options right now at least that I'm aware of. So that could fill a void in the market.
I would be all over a .60 sized well done P-38.
May 16, 2015, 10:56 PM
John
That would be amazing if they did a P-38. I follow this thread and it looks pretty good (83" electric P-38) , but I haven't made the plunge on this one.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2274566
May 16, 2015, 10:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672
hmmm, I have a DM3615-750 in a Vyper Bype, and it's crossed my mind a couple of times how it would do in one of the 48's with that extra 100+ watts
I have the dm3615-800 with a 13x8 prop in the 48 mxs it's vertical climb is like a bottle rocket. From sitting on the runway motor off. You punch the throttle lift off and pull back on the stick. Then watch it accelerate strait up out of sight in about 6 seconds. It's silly stupid holly crap what was that power for sure.
May 17, 2015, 04:47 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Glad to see that there's already a thread on this!

So I'm the peanut that spent months detailing this beast, and knew that such threads would get right to the point with the details... because that's what scale threads do

Can't change the facts of what you guys have already noticed, but will put out there that these models were the very first assembled as we were in a scramble to get them ready for the event.

There's still work left to get them to their final form, some battles have to be picked. Performance and strength was initial focus, and we're quickly getting to where we want to be with scale aspects. The single most popular kit-bashing exercise is to fix scale scheme and weathering, and we really wanted to get on top of that.

There's still some work to do, but getting on top of it as quick as we can so people can start flying Aces High!
May 17, 2015, 04:57 PM
Terror of the Skies
Bring it!!!
Last edited by Ace High; May 17, 2015 at 05:55 PM.
May 17, 2015, 05:10 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
As long as the initial outline is good along with the engineering and both seem in order then they are worth the scale fun bash effort !
I am looking forward to this line and some axis planes in this size !

Quick Reply