Dec 16, 2015, 11:26 PM
Seasonaly winter here presently, had 8-10 inches of snow Mon-Tues...Will try to fly Fri as it will be 48, I flew the Sat after Thanksgiving at 15 degrees ! Flying the Tidewater and a club member built Polaris, what a kick in the pants ! Should take out the Dynam PBY as well
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2015, 11:29 PM
Canopy should be here tomorrow !!! I have emailed Clarke several times with questions and he always takes time to answer them. He also has a Sky Skooter using same wing in a sport version land plane, trike gear, about same size motor etc...wish this build had the same pics as the Sky Skooter
Last edited by KDube; Dec 16, 2015 at 11:32 PM. Reason: adding info
Dec 17, 2015, 05:09 AM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDube
Canopy should be here tomorrow !!! I have emailed Clarke several times with questions and he always takes time to answer them. He also has a Sky Skooter using same wing in a sport version land plane, trike gear, about same size motor etc...wish this build had the same pics as the Sky Skooter
Good to know. I'm at a point where I could build the trike instead of the Skimmer. I've been leaning that way since I have a FZ Beaver and rarely have the opportunity to fly it from water but I fly other planes from asphalt every weekend. Can you post his contact info here so I may get some direction on the Scooter? I might try a taildragger.
Last edited by IfIHadWings; Dec 17, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
Dec 30, 2015, 09:24 PM
Thread OP
Made some progress tonight. Mated fuse halves to F2, F3 and F4...
Latest blog entry: Real Wings!
Jan 01, 2016, 07:12 PM
Thread OP
Maiden in 2016?? I hope so!
Jan 03, 2016, 11:48 PM

Sky Skooter

All I did was to google search Sky Skooter and his build log came up Clark's email...clarksalisbury@hotmail.com
I thought about water integrity at rear fuse, so I filled the two rear cutouts so I could glass this area as well as I was unsure of my ability to cover the rear fuse and be water proof...I will try to post pics...Kevin in Denver
Jan 04, 2016, 01:08 PM

Sky Skimmer Pics

Having some difficulty loading pics....HELP!!
Jan 04, 2016, 05:35 PM
If it flies - I want one!

Posting pics

Kevin,
When you click to post a reply, scroll down to the next window where it says 'Drag and drop or click to browse'. I usually click to browse, then navigate to the pics in your computer, select the ones you want and click to open/upload.
You can then expand the display to add comments, save and post reply.
Cheers,
PeteM
Jan 05, 2016, 05:48 PM
Is that Pete Muxlow ?
Jan 05, 2016, 06:11 PM
Is that Peter Muxlow ?
Jan 05, 2016, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
All I did was to google search Sky Skooter and his build log came up Clark's email...clarksalisbury@hotmail.com
I thought about water integrity at rear fuse, so I filled the two rear cutouts so I could glass this area as well as I was unsure of my ability to cover the rear fuse and be water proof...I will try to post pics...Kevin in Denver
Found it...http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blo...le-sneak-peek/. Not really my cuppa...

I'm going to touch base with Yoda and see if he has any tips on the Skimmer. Thanks!
Jan 06, 2016, 12:08 AM
If it flies - I want one!

Pics sorted!

Looking good! But no, not Peter Muxlow.
Cheers,
Pete
Jan 06, 2016, 07:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote: