How do i set up flysky fs-t6 radio? - RC Groups
May 12, 2015, 03:21 AM
Help!

How do i set up flysky fs-t6 radio?

I trying to set up 450 heli with this radio and tarot zyx-s2 gyro. I selected model type is variable pitch in radio. Currently, swashplate reacts correctly by the stick movement. BUT radio doesn't send collective pitch signal on any channel. Channels 5 and 6 assigned to SWA and SWB. So i can't control collective pitch on my heli. Help me to set up it correctly.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2015, 11:59 AM
Heli nut " the wife said so "
Hi mate i dont know your radio but , the transmitter swash need to be H1 or single servo 90 deg to work the gyro right , all mixing is done in the gyro
I just looked at the manual and it needs to be H1 1 servo 90 degs
On the gyro you have just set up basic heli like i said h1 all the rest of the set up of the heli is done in the gyro software leave the throttle and pitch curves to a linear curve till set up is done , then adjust pitch and throttle curves
May 18, 2015, 12:32 PM
My radio is flysky fs-t6 and i set up it already. There is a tricky feature in this radio. I set "variable pitch" , then in "aux. channels" i selected ch 6. It says that source used, but we can change what will be send via 6 channel, by default it was switch A. To set "collective pitch" i just turned menu button, but nothing changed on display. And now it works.
I got another question. Will heli fly with only 2 cells battery? Because 3rd cell is dead. Of course i'll get new battery.
Feb 09, 2017, 07:30 AM
I'm new here and signed up reviewing this post about the zyx. S2 gyro. I have the fs-t6 radio and the only thing working right is the tail. Hendge MD 933 servos. Then the tail a simple tower pro. Can you contact me plz
Feb 09, 2017, 08:08 AM
wait until you get new batteries, there wont be enough voltage. it will most likely go into LVC right away.

A 3s pack is 11.1v nominal (12.6 full) and a 2s pack is 7.4v nominal (8.4v full). on my 250 which uses 3s batteries my lvc is set at 3.2v per cell . if i fly until it cuts the motor out (not recomended) the total pack voltage is around 10.5v.

So you wo nt be able to fly at all, you will be below the LVC and most likely wont even get the motor to run.
Feb 09, 2017, 12:18 PM
think that was mikesrc that has how to,basicsetup for 450 and ct6
Feb 09, 2017, 03:51 PM
Hi, are you on the forum
Feb 12, 2017, 02:41 PM

FS-I6S and Trex 500 Setup

Okay so I think I've got a problem,
Yesterday I bought the FS-I6S to use with my trex 500,
in order to use the trex 500 I want the throttle and pitch to be mixed. Is it possible to do this with this Tx?

Also I want to know if I can setup idle-up with this Tx.
Feb 12, 2017, 03:34 PM
Screwed Again My Friend
I have the radio . What gyro ?
Feb 14, 2017, 10:06 AM
Destroyer of Threads
I'm going to jump right in and be the bad guy.

There is a reason why cheap radios are cheap... they cut corners.
(Poor soldering, poor electronic component quality, poor quality control, I could go on and on.)

Cheap transmitters are fine when you are flying a 400 gram helicopter.

A Trex 500 is really pushing the limit.
Feb 14, 2017, 10:24 AM
Destroyer of Threads
Sorry to be so harsh, but I've seen too many videos where pilots put blind trust into their equipment,
hovering 500+ class machines less than ten feet away.

I'm sure you are very safe, and sorry to go on a rant.

All it takes is one bad solder joint (among hundreds) and your bird can suddenly go bonkers - much faster than you can react.

I just want everyone to enjoy the hobby safely.

[ EDIT }

Just had a quick look at the guts of the FS-i6S.

FLYSKY FS-I6S MODIFICACION STICK ACELERADOR (8 min 27 sec)

Internal construction looks much better than older models, but do you want to trust a $500(?) heli with a $60 radio?
Last edited by Steve_; Feb 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM.
Feb 15, 2017, 08:23 AM
Screwed Again My Friend
Mine is about 6 years old , I used it on 450 's . but now since I bought Futaba 8 super with unlimited memory I just use it for my Quads . Setup is similar to the futaba 6 . Never used the flysky with flybarless , only fly bar . That's why I asked what gyro
Oct 07, 2017, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
Sorry to be so harsh, but I've seen too many videos where pilots put blind trust into their equipment,
hovering 500+ class machines less than ten feet away.

I'm sure you are very safe, and sorry to go on a rant.

All it takes is one bad solder joint (among hundreds) and your bird can suddenly go bonkers - much faster than you can react.

I just want everyone to enjoy the hobby safely.

[ EDIT }

Just had a quick look at the guts of the FS-i6S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bG8YIVxsWI

Internal construction looks much better than older models, but do you want to trust a $500(?) heli with a $60 radio?

I do not understand, why in this topic U r just blaming a "cheap radio" ?????
All components which is so called branded in the west, they r pricey. It maybe for higher labour cost in the west.
I have used a Turnigy radio for 12 yrs for a car @ no problem at all, no glitch at all.
However, in general, it is true pricey one, causes less trouble, not necessarily it is true all the time.
The concrete conclusion is it is about yr luck no matter how pricey or cheap.

We should help the guy's qeustion, not what cheap or pricey radio he bought.