May 10, 2015, 05:42 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

P3A - Firmware upgrade is required message - after upgrading!

I updated my P3A firmware to 1.1.6 when it came out and then to 1.1.8 when it was released and I now get messages in the Pilot app saying "Firmware upgrade is required". I started getting this message right after updating to 1.1.8. Although the text file said "success" after the updates, I did the 1.1.8 update a second time thinking something was wrong but this time there were no beeps and the text file said it already had the latest firmware (which of course it did). One more thing that bothers me - my updates only took like 1 minute, not 25 like the documentation says. I can fly the quad with no problems but this message bothers me. Is anybody else experiencing this message? Also, are anybody else's upgrades taking 1-2 minutes rather than the 25 mentioned in the PDF file???
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2015, 05:55 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
i believe blade discussed this in the p3 thread, its something like you updated the fw before turning on the tablet so it received the update notification after you had already updated it, have a search of blade's or Ed's comments on the P3 thread its all in there.
May 10, 2015, 05:58 PM
Thread OP
I thought I had read all 80,000 posts in that thread but I'll get a cup of coffee and sit down and try to find that post. I did a search but didn't find anything other than general discussions about updating.
May 10, 2015, 06:08 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Post 9280 looks like it its

Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Format the card and reinstall the bin file. See what happens.
May 10, 2015, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for letting me know which post it was!!! I had already tried re-installing the firmware after the first message said I needed to upgrade the firmware but I didn't try formatting the card first. I'm not sure why that would matter but I'll give it a shot. Thanks again
May 10, 2015, 07:39 PM
Thread OP
I did the firmware update a 3rd time and I still get the message in the Pilot app that a firmware upgrade is required and I get that message as soon as I turn on the transmitter and P3. The Pilot app still said it was safe to fly and it flew fine again. The message in the text file says the update aborted because the firmware on the aircraft was the same as the SD card.

Quick Reply