Latest blog entry: Big Snowspeeder
Aug 17, 2015, 05:25 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWoods
Registered. Now I've got to start boxing up stuff to send back east

-Adam
just let the air our of the inflatables! Be good to see you again Adam
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Aug 17, 2015, 01:54 PM
Get some of those CO2 cylinders from the Mae Wests the JCSF folks use for the big-top carrier flights. You could put an un-inflated plane on the runway, then inflate it (via R/C), take off, put in a flight, then land (and deflate the plane).

CD
Aug 17, 2015, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Get some of those CO2 cylinders from the Mae Wests the JCSF folks use for the big-top carrier flights. You could put an un-inflated plane on the runway, then inflate it (via R/C), take off, put in a flight, then land (and deflate the plane).

CD
Not that Adam needs more great ideas for NEAT, but how cool would it be if he had his plane dropped from an RC cargo plane, inflated it mid-drop, then flew away? I'd love to see that

Rob
Aug 17, 2015, 04:15 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Not that Adam needs more great ideas for NEAT, but how cool would it be if he had his plane dropped from an RC cargo plane, inflated it mid-drop, then flew away? I'd love to see that

Rob
Haha, now that would be cool! Maybe for 2016

-A
Latest blog entry: Big Snowspeeder
Aug 17, 2015, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Me too!
Aug 17, 2015, 04:31 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
I'm getting flashbacks of the autopilot from Airplane inflating.
Aug 17, 2015, 07:37 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:

Rob
don't laugh. I worked on a UAV like that back in 2007. It would have worked had the company not been short sided. I put a lot of work into it.
Aug 17, 2015, 07:38 PM
Head NEAT geek
BTW with Adam, his Father and a couple others, we just passed 200 pre-reg. right on track with many other years about one month out.
Aug 18, 2015, 12:21 PM
TOK
TOK
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Lol. You have to pack for any type of weather!
Love the show, but this has become painfully true! Is there a reason the show is so late in September now? It seems like the difference of a couple weeks in September makes all the difference in the world.

Its always in the 40's at night (I can deal with that even as a camper), but it also seems like we're now always guaranteed one day of rain as well. I figured it was just a scheduling issue with the campground, but saw there is a fuel/glow R/C show in the middle of Summer!

Hoping for good weather this year, got washed out with a leaky tent on Saturday last year! Will be ready with an extra tarp or something this year!
Aug 18, 2015, 01:05 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOK
Love the show, but this has become painfully true! Is there a reason the show is so late in September now?
We are ALWAYS the second weekend in September after labor day. labor day moves, not the show. We cannot have it the first weekend after labor day as that would not only conflict with the Rhinebeck show, but that would move the early birds moving in on Labor day weekend. next year it will be two days earlier because of the leap year.
Aug 18, 2015, 01:44 PM
Hi Tom,

Will the mass warbird launch this year follow the same format as last year, including the admission fee?

Thanks!

Rob
Aug 18, 2015, 06:01 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Hi Tom,

Will the mass warbird launch this year follow the same format as last year, including the admission fee?

Thanks!

Rob
Probably yes, but the rules may change a bit (but of course I am not telling what they are!). Still $5.00 to get in the fun. Winner takes all.
Aug 19, 2015, 05:08 AM
AMA 1242

mwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
Probably yes, but the rules may change a bit (but of course I am not telling what they are!). Still $5.00 to get in the fun. Winner takes all.
Never give up the rules!!