May 10, 2015, 07:57 AM
got any foam to bash?
Discussion

NEAT Fair 2015 Downsville, NY Sept 17-20

Hi Gang

We are getting close to opening the website for pilot pre-registration and vendor registration. Pilot registration should be open by this Friday the 15th of May. Vendor registration about one week later.

Some new rules for this year (aren't there always!)

Pilots must have a valid AMA membership (yes we are checking against the AMA database this year). We cannot check our Canadian friends, so they may pre-register without being paid up with their organization (MAAC) until showtime.

As in years past, only pre-registered (and paid) pilots may set-up on the flightline before the show. This year we are moving it up to Wednesday Sept 16th. AND. Only one pre-registered pilot per spot AND they must display the last name of that pilot somewhere on the spot (tent, trailer, or sign on the ground). Lastly, they MUST be staying somewhere on the property from the time they set-up on the flightline (no drop and go's!)

No other changes to the show are planned at this time.

Thanks
and have a great flying season at all the other great shows you attend!

Tom
Last edited by Tom Hunt; Aug 24, 2015 at 12:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2015, 10:09 PM
Hey Tom!

It's that time of year again

I'll let my guys know to check out your website later this week!!!

Rob
May 16, 2015, 06:33 AM
got any foam to bash?

Pilot pre-reg opens...... ends Aug 28th

OK Guys and Gals...

do NOT procrastinate!

Thanks
Tom
May 16, 2015, 07:17 AM
Alice and I just pre-registered!

And paid!
May 16, 2015, 07:46 AM
NEAT Fair
check
see you in September
May 16, 2015, 08:06 AM
got any foam to bash?
wow... must be raining or a lousy day to fly in the NE... 20+ pilots in the first 2 hrs on an early saturday morning!
May 16, 2015, 08:07 AM
One quick correction, we are checking MAAC memberships as well, just manually for now.

Looking forward to seeing you all in September!

Joey
May 16, 2015, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
wow... must be raining or a lousy day to fly in the NE... 20+ pilots in the first 2 hrs on an early saturday morning!
Well the weather might not be great but I suspect we're all just excited. No rush - lots to do this summer but this IS the event of the summer

Rob
May 16, 2015, 01:52 PM
AMA 1242
Hey Tom Mark & I are in see you in Sept. If you need any last min. healp I will try. Will be coming off knee replacement. Harold. I'll try to talk Mark into it. Pay pal in for both.
Last edited by jerseyhank; May 17, 2015 at 06:00 AM. Reason: add
May 16, 2015, 02:20 PM
Okay to submit volunteer info on the website?

BTW, it's not a bad day in NJ, but we were out shopping for new flooring, otherwise we'd have posted earlier! :-)

CD
May 16, 2015, 03:42 PM
Got my registration and volunteer hours submitted (yeah I was one of those early guys).

Tom, a few of us will be going Sunday to Sunday this year so we can probably help out a bit if needed. Are you coming up early this year again?

Rob
May 16, 2015, 03:45 PM
FYI the JCSF guys (aka the Big Top) will again be hosting the in-tent flying competition this year. We'll be doing it again on Thursday night to kick off the weekend. More to follow once we get our Special Event listing later this summer.

Rob
May 16, 2015, 05:25 PM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Got my registration and volunteer hours submitted (yeah I was one of those early guys).

Tom, a few of us will be going Sunday to Sunday this year so we can probably help out a bit if needed. Are you coming up early this year again?

Rob
Right now my plan is from Saturday before to Monday after. I wil not have any special "work" party this year. We will take our time and put the field together slowly each day the weather permits.

Tom
May 16, 2015, 05:52 PM
Wow - that's great. You'll be able to relax before and after the show

Rob
May 17, 2015, 06:02 AM
AMA 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
Right now my plan is from Saturday before to Monday after. I wil not have any special "work" party this year. We will take our time and put the field together slowly each day the weather permits.

Tom
Tom will be there Monday will try to help. Harold