This thread is privately moderated by Ron van Sommeren, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 25, 2018, 04:45 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takao Shimizu
Always problem of winding LRK.

Takao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar
It's the copper inside the slots that contribute to torque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartk
Even with dLRK you don't have this.

You have to go to dLRK Evolution to get this

Takeo,
The crossover in the slot you show is just like what's shown in BartK first attachment. It can be avoided altogether by using a single per coil winding arrangement. The crossover wire at the outside of the slot are more subjected to proximity losses because of the higher flux seen in that area. Its may not be measurable in a kitchen lab but maybe temperature analysis can show this. For this reason id have the crossover wire deep in the slot versus the out side. I'm current winding a motor where I do the first single layer winding then add the second after that. For me its easier with no crossing wire in the way. Now I have 12 coils I can configure many different ways for all choices. I can reduce end turn loss by creating a end plate PCB that++ finalizes the terminations and phase connections.

Look at the attachment. This turnigy was wound per coil individually like servo motors for hill fill and joined outside the slot. You see no crossover wire in the slot. Its fine and runs the same way. In the best world a pcb end plate will ease terminations and possibly reduce resistance!

For a delta wind the pcb may help to give phase and inductance uniformity for a wye one 360 degree trace can handle all the phase end bundles then you only have to worry about teaming up the correct phase starts for each phase. Its all beautiful pie really. If you need a certain wind have no delay in asking me. I will gladly do this as you test very nice drives. Love the invaluable drive work you're doing .Any way I could help is welcomed. Feel free to ask. Ive also attached a photo showing the start of the newest single per coil winding arrangement with 1.7mm wire.
Last edited by 1boho; Oct 25, 2018 at 06:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2019, 02:26 AM
Oreelaser
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Apr 21, 2019, 04:28 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
Thread OP
DIY Arduino based microohmmeter - RCG
Quote:
... has two auto ranges, 0-50 MilliOhms (0-50,000 uOhms), and 0 - 2 Ohms. ...
... Cost of materials is in the area of $25.00, Arduino included ...
Other diy projects by Denny Vollrath.

Prettig weekend Ron
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Jul 01, 2019 at 04:49 PM.
May 23, 2019, 06:20 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira

Grouping wire ends during rewind

In order to organize and prevent constant bumps during rewind (which could scratch the wire insulation) I use a heat shrink tube to group and contain the wires of already wound slots.
As soon as I finish one slot I insert it into the tube and continue winding.
Ronaldo
Jul 01, 2019, 07:09 AM
Jack
It was a human winding error I'd say. That would cause a fluctuation in the power level delivered to the prop as voltage is applied to that arm and make for a little less power in that stator arm.

It might not have been apparent or even noticeable but all arms should have the same turn count on that nine arm stator. If it was a motor with a higher arm count an even number of arms and adjacent arms were wound and voltage applied to them as a pair, it would be OK to have a pair of arms that did not have matching turn counts as long as all of the pairs were wound the same way.

Jack
Jul 01, 2019, 02:16 PM
Thread OP
Insulation characteristics
www.mwswire.com/insulation-characteristics

Vriendelijke groeten Ron
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Aug 02, 2019 at 06:33 AM.
Jul 01, 2019, 04:06 PM
Thread OP
(This-thread-only) moderator speaking ...

A little reminder.

Please don't ask general questions or help/assistance/information in this FAQ thread, just add your tips and tricks. I move/link information from posts to opening post, or link to the info, that way the information is presented in a logical (work)order.

This thread is not for problem solving or motor building questions, see opening post.

Please start a new dedicated thread when you have questions or when you are about to start a fresh motor/wind project. That way we keep this a lean and mean FAQ/tips/tricks/checks/tests/manuals thread. And your project/question will get more exposure.

I will let discussion run its course but every now and then I clean up this FAQ, information may disappear.

Bedankt Ron
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Aug 02, 2019 at 06:33 AM.
Aug 23, 2019, 09:07 PM
Unregistered User
Looking through these pages, your ideas, inspired me to handle the enamelled copper wire in a similar way to fishing line, to minimise the possibility of damage caused by scarring the enamel, twisting and kinks.

I recently purchased some cheap spool holders:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...3da24c4dEh5ksv

These components can be put on a common single axle and put into a frame.

And some fishing rod guides, to experiment with making simple winding tools:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3297...3da24c4dEh5ksv
Last edited by vimy g eaou; Aug 23, 2019 at 09:31 PM.
Sep 09, 2019, 09:17 AM
Suspended Account
Name: seite_20_hairpintechnik.jpg__1200x630_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 163.1 KB
Description:

Hi Takeo,
Hairpin motor windings are nothing new.Here is a paper from Ohio State's Yu Liu on how to create and lay them.
Youll enjoy the paper as a drive designer. SLOTLESS SIX PHASE DC MACHINE AND STEPPING VECTOR CONTROL. You can learn here how to get the true trap bemf and produce more torque production with your BLDC drives

TTYS
Last edited by H-1 (1boho); Sep 09, 2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply