This thread is privately moderated by SRQFlyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 08, 2015, 02:17 PM
Master re-kitter
Thread OP
Discussion

Some "Oldie but Goodie" OS engines

I like to overhaul, fix up, whatever model aircraft engines. I do it for other guys and for engines for myself.

These three were from a batch that I bought from Epoxyearl last June. They needed some TLC, like new parts, pieces made, a good cleaning and test runs. After going over all of them thoroughly, they test ran beautifully!

They are (left to right):

An OS Max 15 RC, vintage 1975. This is a baffle piston plain-bearing engine.

An OS Max 25 RC, vintage 1971. This is also a baffle piston, plain-bearing engine.

An OS Max S30 RC, vintage 1964. This is also a baffle piston, plain bearing engine.

I was pleased to find that some of the currently-available OS "LA" parts, like drive washers, fit these older engines. Also, I was lucky that some of the members here could come up with the correct mufflers for two of them. I made some of the gaskets and was also lucky to have some old needle valves laying around that were the right size and type.
Last edited by SRQFlyer; May 08, 2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: can't spell
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2015, 03:38 PM
Bellanca Kruesair
That's a great testimonial to my theory of getting the proper items in the proper hands. Not everything on RCG has to be highly profitable...Those engines were sold with the intent of getting them into the hands of someone who could use them,rather than leave them in a drawer.

It's nice to see them tidied up, and useful once more.

Good job, SRQFlyer, and thanks for letting me know..Now SELL, man,and do the other ones...
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.

Quick Reply