Jul 05, 2019, 10:48 AM
Team Futaba
^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2019, 11:22 AM
Suspended Account
funny https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=37628
Jul 06, 2019, 04:18 PM
It’s great to be able to make people chuckle and smile!
Jul 12, 2019, 05:57 AM
Tragic case
I have a question. It’s actually about the 18mz. I have ended up with a v tail glider (this years fashion). Is there a way to convert a x tail setup in the radio to v tail without having to start from scratch? I suspect not but thought I’d ask.
Jul 12, 2019, 09:03 AM
Team Futaba
Nope. And this is something we have complained about from the start. What I suggest you do is take a photo of each screen, change the tail type, and then use the photos to go back in and get everything set up again. In fact, I would simply start with a fresh model to avoid potential phantom mixes, etc. from showing up.
Jul 21, 2019, 07:20 PM
Lithium Member
An $1100 radio with a largely illegible screen ???

Seriously Futaba what were you thinking Some of us DO fly occasionally in the sun

Any fixes for this ? or I will put it back in the box and return it tomorrow ...

Jul 21, 2019, 07:35 PM
Double post.
Last edited by Zeeb; Jul 21, 2019 at 10:27 PM.
Jul 21, 2019, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
An $1100 radio with a largely illegible screen ???

Seriously Futaba what were you thinking Some of us DO fly occasionally in the sun

Any fixes for this ? or I will put it back in the box and return it tomorrow ...

Looks 'kinda like your cellphone screen in the sun doesn't it? Got bad news for you, all the radios with color screens do the same thing. You can cut down on the issue if you stop wearing polarized sunglasses because the screen is polarized and doubling that up with polarized sunglasses makes it look black. For what it's worth, my 18MZ's, including the WC version, do the same thing and it cost almost three times what your 18SZ cost. So if my suggestions are not something you want to try, better get the shipping box out and go back to the 14SG. Those radios had monochrome screens for a reason.....
Jul 21, 2019, 08:16 PM
Lithium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Looks 'kinda like your cellphone screen in the sun doesn't it? ...
Nope ... you must have a really bad quality phone, because my Samsung phone is perfectly legible under the same exact condition.

Did the test at the same time, sorry no picture ... for obvious reasons
Jul 21, 2019, 08:53 PM
Aaand in the blue corner...
Jul 21, 2019, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Nope ... you must have a really bad quality phone, because my Samsung phone is perfectly legible under the same exact condition.

Did the test at the same time, sorry no picture ... for obvious reasons
Well gee, your Samsung phone is better than my iPhone 8, my Futaba 18SZ Anniversary Edition, my Futaba 18MZ and my Futaba 18MZ WC all have the same issues demonstrated by your pictures.

Better save yourself a lot of bitching and just send it back as I suggested previously......
Jul 21, 2019, 10:12 PM
3D apprentice
Well my Samsung is exactly the same in the sun, completely black. I might need the special edition Samsung too....:
Jul 22, 2019, 03:14 AM
Julian T
Afraid my Samsung is illegible too in the sun Herb. I have to shade it with my body, same as I do my 18SZ. Actually, my SZ is slightly better than my Samsung as it is just readable. Of course, that's in UK sun which is not usually renowned for its strength.

Julian
Jul 22, 2019, 12:55 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Looks 'kinda like your cellphone screen in the sun doesn't it? Got bad news for you, all the radios with color screens do the same thing. You can cut down on the issue if you stop wearing polarized sunglasses because the screen is polarized and doubling that up with polarized sunglasses makes it look black.
^^^^^^What he said^^^^^
Jul 22, 2019, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Well gee, your Samsung phone is better than my iPhone 8, my Futaba 18SZ Anniversary Edition, my Futaba 18MZ and my Futaba 18MZ WC all have the same issues demonstrated by your pictures.

Better save yourself a lot of bitching and just send it back as I suggested previously......

I have a cheap Sony phone which sounds better than your iPhone!

Maybe bitching someone doesn't listen to you isn't the best response Zeeb.

Quick Reply