Jun 25, 2019, 12:54 AM
Team Futaba
I'm still curious about the apparent issue you have with running the 7014 in 18-channel FASSTest. Can you share any more info on your set up, etc.??
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 09:37 AM
S.A.D. member
The FASSTEST 14CH was a typo on my end and it should have read 18CH.

To use the R7008SB with analog servos you need to select FASSTEST 18CH (or FASSTEST-14CH for a 14SG ).

Ivan
Jun 25, 2019, 01:18 PM
Julian T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
I'm still curious about the apparent issue you have with running the 7014 in 18-channel FASSTest. Can you share any more info on your set up, etc.??
I am interested in this also. I have 2 7014SBs in fairly expensive planes and if there is any possibility they might lock up in 18 channel mode I would really like to know before they do. So far, and that is a lot of flights, they have been what I would expect - completely trouble free.
Jun 25, 2019, 03:37 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliant
I am interested in this also. I have 2 7014SBs in fairly expensive planes and if there is any possibility they might lock up in 18 channel mode I would really like to know before they do. So far, and that is a lot of flights, they have been what I would expect - completely trouble free.
THis is the first time I have seen anything like this posted. Personally I would not worry about it. I think there is something else going on.
Jun 25, 2019, 10:52 PM
Sorry for the slow update as we were travelling all day yesterday, the 7014 receivers are in the following models:

FMS - PC-21, analogue servo's
HSD - Super Viper, P-60 turbine, digital servo's
Ripmax -Mini Excalibur, P-20 turbine, analogue servo's

The PC-21 is being used to validate the telemetry functions and the associated data created for reading in the Data Explorer application.

The PC-21 is where the problem first showed up as follows:

1st flight using the R-7014 receiver after around 1 minute ALL control functions were lost including the throttle.

Once back on the ground verified that there was no control.

Powered down the receiver pause then power up still no control, tried again after a short while and back in action again all working . Rather than experience this again the model was left powered on but on the ground and after a short while bingo no control functions.

This was repeated several times back at home with the same result.

As the Viper Jet was the easiest to swap the receivers it was then used in the PC-21, so far all is well but like another poster I am not willing to lose expensive turbine models for a receiver firmware bug, especially as we have to travel from Singapore to Malaysia to fly turbine models due to no local suitable flying sites. All the turbine models I have now reverted to R6014 receivers for safety reasons.

I plan to take the suspect to our local Futaba dealer who I know visits Futaba in Japan for them to investigate.
Jun 25, 2019, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc
The FASSTEST 14CH was a typo on my end and it should have read 18CH.

To use the R7008SB with analog servos you need to select FASSTEST 18CH (or FASSTEST-14CH for a 14SG ).

Ivan
Thanks Ivan
Jun 26, 2019, 12:24 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisp_sg
Sorry for the slow update as we were travelling all day yesterday, the 7014 receivers are in the following models:

The PC-21 is being used to validate the telemetry functions and the associated data created for reading in the Data Explorer application.

1st flight using the R-7014 receiver after around 1 minute ALL control functions were lost including the throttle.

Powered down the receiver pause then power up still no control, tried again after a short while and back in action again all working . Rather than experience this again the model was left powered on but on the ground and after a short while bingo no control functions.

As the Viper Jet was the easiest to swap the receivers it was then used in the PC-21, so far all is well but like another poster I am not willing to lose expensive turbine models for a receiver firmware bug, especially as we have to travel from Singapore to Malaysia to fly turbine models due to no local suitable flying sites. All the turbine models I have now reverted to R6014 receivers for safety reasons.

I plan to take the suspect to our local Futaba dealer who I know visits Futaba in Japan for them to investigate.
It certainly sounds like you have a potentially defective receiver. Send it in to service with a detailed description of the issue you had. Not seen, or heard , of this before, but there is a first time for everything.
Jun 26, 2019, 05:29 AM
Quote:

Any power system used on the models and with the R7014 receiver?

During all the tests where there were no control, receiver led kept red?

Best Regards,

Jesus Cardin
Jun 26, 2019, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescardin
Any power system used on the models and with the R7014 receiver?

During all the tests where there were no control, receiver led kept red?

Best Regards,

Jesus Cardin
Power Systems are Castle CC 20 Amp a total over kill on the PC-21, packs used for all functions Revolectrix Go Packs 70 C, sorry I failed to observe the LED in all reported cases.
Jun 26, 2019, 07:32 AM
I'm getting a headache, man I just wanted a reliable tx, its really a worry picking a setup/ RX that could bit ya on the butt, as silent advised 7 channel fasst rx sound like the way for my analog servos. as I change over from my hitec 9x to full 18sz I will need more help. thanks again
Jun 26, 2019, 08:52 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by propwas1
, as silent advised 7 channel fasst rx sound like the way for my analog servos. as I change over from my hitec 9x to full 18sz I will need more help. thanks again
I think you missed my point.

18-channel FAASTest is fine for analog servos
Multi-FASST is fine for analog servos
7-CH FASST is fine for analog servos

12-CH FASSTest or any HS mode on a FASST RX is NOT ok for analog servos.

Your experience with the 7014 is counter to mine and every other one I know of.
Jun 26, 2019, 04:36 PM
oh! ok sorry, I did miss it, thanks again, I'm not quick on the up take on this stuff. many thanks
Jun 27, 2019, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Power Systems are Castle CC 20 Amp a total over kill on the PC-21, packs used for all functions Revolectrix Go Packs 70 C, sorry I failed to observe the LED in all reported cases.
Ok!. My question about a power system being used is that it is known that certain systems offered as S.BUS fully compatible have issues with Futaba S.BUS2/S.BUS receivers. Your Castle CC20 really is not a power system but just a powerful BEC system. And here comes another suspect!

A club mate lost control over a small and light electric BEC equipped flying wing at least 3 times the same Sunday. He was using a Futaba 12FG and a R607FS FASST receiver. He asked for help and we carried successfully several range test with motor off, but then when we launched the model it just lost control not far from us.

I personally flew the model on those test flights and we all noticed how the model entered the programmed failsafe: motor cut and a gentle left turning circle till the ground. As the light flying wing didnīt suffered any damage and the range test without motor went perfect, we decided trying a range test with motor on and, bingo!, we lost control just 2-3 meters away.

Finally and for confirming the problem we used a dedicated small battery for the receiver and servos cancelling the ESC red cable and as anticipated, we could fly the model all the remaining day without problems.

Conclusion: it should be very important you carry some range tests with receiver powered with CC20, both motor off and on, and then also with a dedicated battery with power on and off and compare results. It may well be that the CC20 BEC is defective or malfunctioning and produce some kind of electric (no RF) interference to the receiver.

Knowing the colour of the led during the problems should have been of great interest, but my proposed tests sure will give some idea of where may be the problem, if on the Castle CC20 or on the receiver.

Best Regards

Jesus Cardin
Jul 04, 2019, 12:38 PM
Hello, I do not receive the receiver's telemetry on my 18sz.
No rx voltage and no external rx voltage. My receiver is R7008SB. . Is there any setting to make to pass on these values?
Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awjgd3i5ue...utaba.jpg?dl=0
Jul 04, 2019, 12:54 PM
Arvid Jensen
Look at your foto

Quick Reply