This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 06, 2015, 12:04 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Review preview!

Warbird fans, listen up:

The new FMS Kawasaki Ki-61 High Speed PNP from Diamond Hobby is a blast!

An official RCGroups.com review is waiting in the wings for public viewing. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, more weirdness regarding that doggoned little Thunder Tiger Bearcat.

I swung by Pegasus Hobbies a couple of weekends ago since I happened to be in the area. Tony at the airplane desk is a terrific help. He sold me a brand new cowl and told me that he had a lot of those planes on hand for parts. Cool!

On went the cowl, up went the Bearcat.

It flew great, but the elevator was acting twitchy. I brought it in, added some more expo, took off and all seemed well for the first few seconds.

That's when the motor's endbell decided to part company with the rest of the motor.

It isn't often one has to do a dead stick landing with an electric, but I did. Good one, too. No damage other than some minor breakage of the wooden motor mount due to the forces involved.

Everything is back together, but the motor is missing a bearing. I've left it with a buddy at the hobby shop who'll check the parts bin for a replacement.

I also have a no-name brushless outrunner I used to use on my ancient (and recently dissected and discarded) E-flite Blade CP. I've ordered a prop adapter; we'll see how this one works.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; May 06, 2015 at 12:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply