May 06, 2015, 12:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Graupner Der Kleine Uhu

Graupner Der Kleine Uhu......i made it when i was child.....all in balsa wood...
I work to make it Rc.....

Schnellbau plan....
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2020, 01:54 AM
Nonflammable?ChallengeAcc epted

$40 while supplies last...

I think Graupner is discontinuing this model - I just picked up a kit from Graupner USA on sale for only $40.

https://www.graupnerusa.com/Der-Klei...plane-Kit.html
Last edited by Discos_Dead; Feb 11, 2020 at 09:32 AM.
Feb 11, 2020, 06:20 AM
Got two of these, one still in the box. Easy to build, fun to fly as RC. Considering getting another one also as they are on sale.

From the looks of it, I gather that Graupner will focus on their electronics and some products like the blades and spinners. Models like this one and the Asian produced foam planes may go away. Time will tell.
Feb 11, 2020, 09:31 AM

Graupner Restructuring

I noticed a link on the Graupner US website entitled "Graupner Restructuring," but I admit I haven't been interested enough (yet) to read it.

I have one of The Little Uhu kits, and I think it's a great deal for $40. So much so that I'm almost tempted to buy an extra one just in case they do cease production forever.
Feb 11, 2020, 12:58 PM
just got 2 plus shipping for $64
Feb 11, 2020, 02:52 PM

Wow

I just checked and they added a further discount of $12 at checkout. That was too good to pass up - so I got two more kits
Feb 11, 2020, 03:06 PM

Graupner is leaving the business

According to the Graupner US website,

"Graupner USA will be closing shop and hand over the business to a yet to be named distributor who will be handling all Graupner affairs which includes sales and support."
"This is part of the restructuring by the Korean mother company. The closure of the China factory and German offices are part of this, and the USA is unfortunately not in a different position."
"Our US offices will remain open until February 25th where we will continue to handle any sales or support requests."
"We would like to thank you our wonderful customers who have been with us for all these years."

That's too bad. I suppose the "good" news is that they have inventory to get rid of and so discounts will be available.
Feb 11, 2020, 03:29 PM
Looks like GUSA is all but done for, sad to say. Hopefully SJPropo will find a company here that will take over the electronics part. I have sort of thought it would be JRAmericas due to their existing relationship with SJPropo/Graupner. Time will tell.

I am fighting the strong urge to buy two more of these Der Kleine Uhu myself. I have two already, one still kitted. I am trying hard to not be one of those guys that when they die there are 49 unbuilt kits in the basement.

Quick Reply