Aug 13, 2015, 05:16 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy1960
Power up your OSD, plug your OSD in to the computer, run the OSD assistant software, go to the info tab and if you are connected to the internet it should inform you there is an update available.

I don't think you can download it any other way, I have not looked, and did not need to, as the OSD assistant software did what it's supposed to do......
I am confused open the OSD software for the FC FW update?

Thank you again for the info... I must have glazed over it
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2015, 06:02 PM
thanks again will try
Aug 13, 2015, 09:14 PM
My head hurts!

Just when I thought I got the Helicopter stuff all figured out.
Aug 14, 2015, 01:24 AM
OldOne FA3ALN7XX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale
I am confused open the OSD software for the FC FW update?

Thank you again for the info... I must have glazed over it
Makes sense if you think about it this way. If the update is mainly for the FC to handle the OSD so you get it via the OSD Assistant, ensuring those with the OSD get the update... Not how I would do it but you can see the thought behind it. I have yet to confirm it operates in this manner but with luck I will find out over the weekend.
Aug 14, 2015, 05:20 AM
Sorry, my brain was not engaged - I should have said FC, not OSD - Duh!
Aug 16, 2015, 02:34 AM
Nobody already has any new gimbal experience? Mine is coming this week!
Aug 16, 2015, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyschmitz
Nobody already has any new gimbal experience? Mine is coming this week!
ordered mine yesterday, please post pics and a quick review
Aug 16, 2015, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy1960
Power up your OSD, plug your OSD in to the computer, run the OSD assistant software, go to the info tab and if you are connected to the internet it should inform you there is an update available.

I don't think you can download it any other way, I have not looked, and did not need to, as the OSD assistant software did what it's supposed to do......
Could you share where you downloaded the OSD assistant software from? I cannot find it on the Tarot-rc.com site. Also, is there any way in this software to add GPS coordinates to the display? This is a very handy feature for finding a downed aircraft if you record your feed on a DVR.
Aug 16, 2015, 08:42 AM
OldOne FA3ALN7XX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisLives
Could you share where you downloaded the OSD assistant software from? I cannot find it on the Tarot-rc.com site. Also, is there any way in this software to add GPS coordinates to the display? This is a very handy feature for finding a downed aircraft if you record your feed on a DVR.
http://www.tarotrc.com/tool/ZYX%20osd.rar

Or the top link here. http://tarotrc.com/Download/Detail.a...0-1bb5a5015c79
Aug 16, 2015, 09:27 AM
has anyone built an x8 with this flight controller?

Just looking at the motor config on the aircraft type it shows all upper motors rotating in the same direction

peace out
Aug 16, 2015, 10:51 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckusman
has anyone built an x8 with this flight controller?

Just looking at the motor config on the aircraft type it shows all upper motors rotating in the same direction

peace out
Yes that is correct... all FC's in a X-8 config upper motors CCW lower CW!
Aug 16, 2015, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Yes that is correct... all FC's in a X-8 config upper motors CCW lower CW!
I'm just waiting for my one and I will try on my Y6...
Do you thing is all right to invert some rotations?
I like to use on opposite directions, the yaw response is a lot better.

Cheers

Raph
Aug 16, 2015, 05:22 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Raphs
I'm just waiting for my one and I will try on my Y6...
Do you thing is all right to invert some rotations?
I like to use on opposite directions, the yaw response is a lot better.

Cheers

Raph
I don't think you can...you have to have the top three going one direction then the bottom three going the other!!!
when the craft wants to yaw in a direction three of the motors must speed up to move it in that direction so if you have 2 going one direction and one the other then it will take more energy to yaw since one of them is going the other way.... then yawing the other direction you have one motor going the correct direction and 2 the other, even more energy to yaw!!

I have done Y6 and a X8 setup and have never had a problem or slow yaw response!!!
Aug 16, 2015, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by losthislove67
Thanks. Strange that the software is on tarotrc.com but not tarot-rc.com. I'm still not sure what the difference is between the two sites is. Now to see if there is any way to display the GPS coordinates. Naza's OSD does the same thing - it has the info but gives you no way to display it.
Aug 17, 2015, 02:19 AM
Quote:
I don't think you can...you have to have the top three going one direction then the bottom three going the other!!!
when the craft wants to yaw in a direction three of the motors must speed up to move it in that direction so if you have 2 going one direction and one the other then it will take more energy to yaw since one of them is going the other way.... then yawing the other direction you have one motor going the correct direction and 2 the other, even more energy to yaw!!

I have done Y6 and a X8 setup and have never had a problem or slow yaw response!!!
Is there any way to do custom motor mixing (like on DJI A2)?
I would definitely like to do some coaxial efficiency tests. (Some people tried smaller props at the top, or the bottom, etc...)
I bought an OSD as well, so I can measure how much all the motors are doing using the blackbox.

Raph

Quick Reply