Jul 31, 2015, 12:15 PM
It's not all good news on the OSD front - still no way to read the log files
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2015, 12:26 PM
click HERE 2 C my BLOG
in a real situation a motor outage will replicate this behaviour however then the pilot will immediately land, not turn back on the motor that went down so thats why the FC went nuts.
in flight loss of motor mean land immediately, and i suspect the FC anticipates a barometer change towards landing, and provides you time to get down.
your test simulated a variable that the FC did not expect.

if i had that FC and lost a motor id be very happy to get it down safely, and im sure it would have in your test too. just my opinion and yes i take your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3style
Sad News for us TAROR FC OWNERS!

As promised here is a flight video testing out motor redundancy on the ZYX-M 25

Info:
Hexacopter with 6 sunnsysky 980KV motors 10 inch blades
we have a device jerry rigged where we can turn off and on one motor midair to simulate motor failure.

Here is what happend.
The Pilot took of in ATTI and posistioned the multicopter some 15 -20 meter high up and turned of motor 6 on the hexacopter! the multicopter flew some 10-12 meters to the right and lost about 3 meter height during this. Then leveled out. Felt very sluggish and started to yaw right slowly (this is normal if you loose a motor on a hexa ) and then the pilot turn the motor back on and it just banked 90 degrees to the left at full speed and hit a tree 30 meters away. Oh yeah and crashed breaking a arm!

Now some people might say why did you turn the motor back on. Well two reasons. Safety so we can land it securely before we test landing without motor. And also many motor or esc failures we have seen the motor goes on and off so this is part of our test protocol.

Also if any one is curious on how we can turn of a motor we use a buddy box and jerry rig it so that it turns of the motor and back on using a switch on our TX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A51eAGVz3g
Jul 31, 2015, 12:39 PM
OldOne FA3ALN7XX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy1960
It's not all good news on the OSD front - still no way to read the log files
Well,
No Joy on several different formats. I can see the pattern in the file but unable to return it to usable data. There is no file header that can give you an idea of the content or what is needed to read the data.
I have tried the DJI data viewer just in case..
I have tried Every MS office and Open Office format to read the data. including of course CSV, SLK, extra. The one thing that may be causing me an issue is if the output language in the bin file is not English and is not an install language then I could be reading correctly and never know it. Hex editors are no good either. Ascii conversions..

Just info for you.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
in a real situation a motor outage will replicate this behaviour however then the pilot will immediately land, not turn back on the motor that went down so thats why the FC went nuts.
in flight loss of motor mean land immediately, and i suspect the FC anticipates a barometer change towards landing, and provides you time to get down.
your test simulated a variable that the FC did not expect.

if i had that FC and lost a motor id be very happy to get it down safely, and im sure it would have in your test too. just my opinion and yes i take your point.
If you read the post i made. Motors do turn back on sometimes when they start failing especialy if its ESC related! motors can be very intemitent ( dont know how spell that word sorry. I suffer from dyslexia sorry guys )
Aug 01, 2015, 12:22 AM
Guys I'm having a problem with my tarot zyx-m, it seems to never be able to get into gps mode. It just flashes yellow then 4 red. Completed all calibration steps and everything seems to be good. Is it just not finding the satellites?
Aug 01, 2015, 01:19 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesher
Guys I'm having a problem with my tarot zyx-m, it seems to never be able to get into gps mode. It just flashes yellow then 4 red. Completed all calibration steps and everything seems to be good. Is it just not finding the satellites?
I had the same problem I had to leave alone for 15 minutes out side!
after that never had a problem, i read somewhere the cold start on the GPS can take a while.
There is a red and blue lights in the actual GPS unit... it should be red and flashing when searching for sats... if it stops flashing, re-power the unit!
when the blue light comes on it is getting 5 or more sats!
Aug 01, 2015, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale
I had the same problem I had to leave alone for 15 minutes out side!
after that never had a problem, i read somewhere the cold start on the GPS can take a while.
There is a red and blue lights in the actual GPS unit... it should be red and flashing when searching for sats... if it stops flashing, re-power the unit!
when the blue light comes on it is getting 5 or more sats!
OK thanks mate I'll give that a try, I can only ever remember it having a solid red light on in the gps, no flashing
Aug 01, 2015, 03:25 AM
Ok i tried that fix but it still doesn't work. I can't get through the compass calibration now, just goes solid red after the second step..... thinking my compass is bad

edit: can complete calibration but just sits there with a yellow flash then 4 red.... the led on the gps compass stays solid red all the time.... I think it's broken.
Last edited by Mesher; Aug 02, 2015 at 04:58 AM.
Aug 01, 2015, 07:33 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3style
If you read the post i made. Motors do turn back on sometimes when they start failing especialy if its ESC related! motors can be very intemitent ( dont know how spell that word sorry. I suffer from dyslexia sorry guys )

Hi freestyle. Thanks for testing it for the community. I would likw to know about the rig you used for the test.

Like which esc and which motors?

Where did you cut the power? Esc power supply or motor power supply? Or the 3phase connection from the esc to tge motor?

And why at that point? Thanks
Aug 01, 2015, 08:49 AM
Still nothing about the gimbal??
Aug 01, 2015, 09:50 AM
OldOne FA3ALN7XX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyschmitz
Still nothing about the gimbal??
And still no answer on the landing gear going up on failsafe...
Aug 01, 2015, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inggo69
Hi freestyle. Thanks for testing it for the community. I would likw to know about the rig you used for the test.

Like which esc and which motors?

Where did you cut the power? Esc power supply or motor power supply? Or the 3phase connection from the esc to tge motor?

And why at that point? Thanks

So frame was a Xaircaft hexa using sunnysky 980KV motors 10 inch apc blades. the esc are f20 from hobbyking that have way to many hours flight to say any thing bad about em.
We were running a 4s battery not to heavy and for use it was not underpowered!

The Wookong video will be uploaded soon when we have time to make it for you guys to see how it performs.

We use a buddy box system to cut the signal somewhat form the esc we dont cut all the way so that it does not enter that state where to turn it back on it needs to be reseted. Dont ask me to much about this cause i would rather not have to explain but trust me we do this on other rigs to test and we know its not due to this that the multi went nuts! the controller it self did not handle the motor coming back online to well and gave lots of power to the motor and tilted it way beyond 45 degrees!
Aug 02, 2015, 04:56 AM
Guys any ideas for a replacement compass? I don't think Tarot sell the parts separately so this thing has been a waste of money so far for me....
Aug 02, 2015, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesher
Guys any ideas for a replacement compass? I don't think Tarot sell the parts separately so this thing has been a waste of money so far for me....
Take the GPS puck apart and have a look at it - check for cold solder joints, proper connections, check the ceramic antenna for cracks etc.

Most of these things are made from generic items, and it's only the firmware that differs.

Failing that, send it all to me, and I'll give you a tenner for it
Aug 02, 2015, 05:21 PM
So.. after trying..... what would you choose... zyx-m of naza V2... its not about the money. I want something that works....

Quick Reply