Jun 09, 2015, 11:49 PM
Free fall is not free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydronetech
Here's the Falcon F1 X8 flying with the ZYX... Copter specs: 715 mm wheelbase; custom cut CF plates; aluminum booms; DYS 4114 400 KV motors; HW Xrotor 40A ESCs; 14.55s on top and 13.65s on bottom; retracts; 3X 6S 5200s...

I've flown DJI, 3DR, NAZE, KK2 and X Aircraft controllers... And the Tarot is already one of my favorites. Amazing controller at any price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnBFXmE461c
That's one dialed in machine
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2015, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale
Hey All...

I had some fun testing the Tarot ZYX25...
It really does fly well in GPS and ATTi level and straight!!! and the GPS is great in position hold the RTH is WONDERFUL... the POI it works but needs some work...
The POI... works but, I can not figure out how to turn it off once you activate it!!
Yes I have it setup that I can select OFF on the IOC configuration!! I finally just brought it back in and cycled the power!!! plus the controls are backwards!! once it activates it takes about 10 to 20 seconds for it do what ever it thinks it needs to do to do a POI around the object!! Little scary that just sits there and hovers and you can not control it!!!
In the video it is a recording of the FPV cam, Before you lose your mind that there is OSD, I use a N-OSD for Naza and a GPS puck from one of my Naza's so I could see speed, climb rate, and position!!
I did not use a GoPro... until I trust it more... if it flew away or something I would only be out a few hundred dollars instead of more!!
By the way if you install the USB device... put a drop of hot glue or something on the covers!! Mine came off in flight!!! lost the top cover on it so now the USB board flops around out of the bottom part!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lHkL5m9nKM
Do you have a link for the n-OSD?
Jun 10, 2015, 02:33 AM
Hi all,

I'am new in here. I ordered my ZYX-M last month direct to tarot-rc. And shipped to Indonesia free (arrived in 7 days). hehehe.. Anyway, this is my first time to build my quadcopter. This is also my first quadcopter. The spec is:

-Tarot ZYX-M FC
-Tarot FY450 frame
- Multistar 2212 920KV motors and self tightening 9443props from hobbyking
- Skywalker 20A escs
-5600mah 3s turnigy battery
-Radiolink AT9 TX/RX
-SjCam4000 wifi (no gimbal, no FPV, recording only)

Feels little bit shaky when lower down.. but when I replaced the props with DJI1038, its pretty good. Very stable. hehe..
For F/S on GPS, Att, and manual mode is not difficult to setup. But, I don't know how to setup the F/S if we lost the signal. And one more thing, How to increase the flight distance limit on the ZYX-M software? I tried already but the column number is going to yellow color and cannot save the number. Is anybody can help me??

(anyway I'am sorry if my English is bad, hehe..)
Jun 10, 2015, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik_09
Hi all,

How to increase the flight distance limit on the ZYX-M software? I tried already but the column number is going to yellow color and cannot save the number. Is anybody can help me??
You must click "write flash" to save the settings
Jun 10, 2015, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Hi all,
How to increase the flight distance limit on the ZYX-M software? I tried already but the column number is going to yellow color and cannot save the number. Is anybody can help me??
when yellow you must first click enter and after enter you must click "write flash" to save the settings...
Jun 10, 2015, 10:07 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Hi all,

I'am new in here. I ordered my ZYX-M last month direct to tarot-rc. And shipped to Indonesia free (arrived in 7 days). hehehe.. Anyway, this is my first time to build my quadcopter. This is also my first quadcopter. The spec is:

-Tarot ZYX-M FC
-Tarot FY450 frame
- Multistar 2212 920KV motors and self tightening 9443props from hobbyking
- Skywalker 20A escs
-5600mah 3s turnigy battery
-Radiolink AT9 TX/RX
-SjCam4000 wifi (no gimbal, no FPV, recording only)

Feels little bit shaky when lower down.. but when I replaced the props with DJI1038, its pretty good. Very stable. hehe..
For F/S on GPS, Att, and manual mode is not difficult to setup. But, I don't know how to setup the F/S if we lost the signal. And one more thing, How to increase the flight distance limit on the ZYX-M software? I tried already but the column number is going to yellow color and cannot save the number. Is anybody can help me??

(anyway I'am sorry if my English is bad, hehe..)
Looks very nice... 9443 props are for a very lite craft or a 4S battery system... the 1038 props are very good for a 3S battery... if you like spin on props get some RCTimer 9450 props!!!
after you enter the number you want for distance or gains you must hit enter on key board then you must click write flash!!!

If you are using PWM for connection to Tarot, the rx unit must support FailSafe on all channels you will have to refer to the RX manual on how to set FailSafe on channels, SO throttle to 50% and all sticks center and RTH switch set to select RTH... If you use the S-Bus to connect then there is nothing else to do the Tarot will detect lack of signal thru S-Bus and it will go in to RTH!
Jun 10, 2015, 10:34 AM
Hey Dale, did you get your controller or your money back? Who was that you ordered from?
J
Jun 10, 2015, 11:19 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff reeves
Hey Dale, did you get your controller or your money back? Who was that you ordered from?
J

Hey Jeff...
Well according to DHL I will have 2 of them today!!!!
I ordered them thru Tarot-RC.com on the 23rd of May and paid for 3 day DHL!!
no apology, no nothing!!! lesson learned!!!
if they have them buy from ArrisHobby.com!!!

Well as long Tarot-RC has them they will ship fast... but a lot of story telling... FIRST they do not have 990 in stock as it states on his web site... then email says, will have in a couple days.. then he would not reply to emails... only after I contacted Tarot company!!! did he ship and send an email with tracking number!!
Jun 10, 2015, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Hey Jeff...
Well according to DHL I will have 2 of them today!!!!
I ordered them thru Tarot-RC.com on the 23rd of May and paid for 3 day DHL!!
no apology, no nothing!!! lesson learned!!!
if they have them buy from ArrisHobby.com!!!

Well as long Tarot-RC has them they will ship fast... but a lot of story telling... FIRST they do not have 990 in stock as it states on his web site... then email says, will have in a couple days.. then he would not reply to emails... only after I contacted Tarot company!!! did he ship and send an email with tracking number!!
That is exactly why I don't ever buy anything from mainland China! They are too unpredictable. Damn! I keep waiting to see if maybe gotheli.com or one of the other taro dealers here in the U.S. is going to have them in stock. Hobbyking pulls that kind of crap too. We shouldn't have to threaten them with paypal for them to do their part.
I just may get mine from arris but not to sure yet.
Thanks,
J
Jun 10, 2015, 11:50 AM
Does anybody know how the stability compares to the Naza-M V2?
Jun 10, 2015, 11:58 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by balbs
Do you have a link for the n-OSD?
Hello
here is several... I have both of these and they work great... It uses the Naza GPS but you can use the new clone pucks they are coming out with... you could put an OSD on for less than $80... if you already have an extra DJI GPS puck then under $40

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini-s-os...mzibi-osd.html
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/s-osd-rem...s-vs-iosd.html
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/s-osd-osd...ontroller.html
Jun 10, 2015, 12:03 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by balbs
Does anybody know how the stability compares to the Naza-M V2?
It does a very good job!!! the POI function tho... when you do your circle around an object it wants to move away from the subject so you need to pitch forward to compensate for that!!! and when setting up a switch set you end points so it is in the middle of the selection in the GUI!!!!

I was very impressed on their first try of this!!! GPS hold is really good... flies straight!
Jun 10, 2015, 12:04 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff reeves
That is exactly why I don't ever buy anything from mainland China! They are too unpredictable. Damn! I keep waiting to see if maybe gotheli.com or one of the other taro dealers here in the U.S. is going to have them in stock. Hobbyking pulls that kind of crap too. We shouldn't have to threaten them with paypal for them to do their part.
I just may get mine from arris but not to sure yet.
Thanks,
J
Well if you want one I will be selling the 2 I get today... I all ready have 2 of them!!!
Jun 10, 2015, 12:21 PM
Ok Dale, I just pmed you.
Jun 10, 2015, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Hello
here is several... I have both of these and they work great... It uses the Naza GPS but you can use the new clone pucks they are coming out with... you could put an OSD on for less than $80... if you already have an extra DJI GPS puck then under $40

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini-s-os...mzibi-osd.html
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/s-osd-rem...s-vs-iosd.html
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/s-osd-osd...ontroller.html
Thanks! I remember getting the one on the second link. However I had problems getting it to fit on my FPV monitor. Also it seems to be set for PAL instead of NTSC and I didn't know how to change that. If you can PM if you ran into a similar issue and how you fixed it that would be awesome!

Quick Reply