Jun 05, 2015, 05:17 PM
Ignore this post. Brainfart. Resolved. Missed a write to flash in tx settings.

Got mine mounted. Put it on a working deadcat frame. Removed an APM. Not quite ready to trust the Tarot zyx-m it with the 810Sport. I've got experience with Naza's, Naze's, APM's, KK's etc...

Calibrated the transmitter. All up's, down's, Left's and Right's are where they belong in the channel assignment. PWM. Nothing needed to be reversed.
My 6 position switch is working properly.
Motor test from ZYX-M Assistant works and shows motors spinning in the proper direction.

Equipment is:
HK Blue 30A ESCs
Orange 9ch - PWM
Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 2826-1130kv
2800 mah 3S battery. Good bat.

Outside:
Props still off.
Did the Compass dance and calibrated Gyro and Accelerometer.

I cannot get the flight controller to arm in any mode:

GPS mode - GPS Lock with Purple flash, no RED flash (6 or more Sat's)
Attitude mode - Yellow flash
Manual mode - no flash

Attempt to arm in every different configuration. Won't arm and spin the motors.

Any ideas ?
Last edited by wuudogg; Jun 05, 2015 at 05:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2015, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuudogg

Got mine mounted. Put it on a working deadcat frame. Removed an APM. Not quite ready to trust the Tarot zyx-m it with the 810Sport. I've got experience with Naza's, Naze's, APM's, KK's etc...

Calibrated the transmitter. All up's, down's, Left's and Right's are where they belong in the channel assignment. PWM. Nothing needed to be reversed.
Motor test from ZYX-M Assistant works and shows motors spinning in the proper direction.

Equipment is:
HK Blue 30A ESCs
Orange 9ch - PWM

Outside:
Props still off.

Manual mode - no flash

Any ideas ?

Just got mine today too, 2 days from order to being in my mailbox, http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...ducts_id=12057
I couldn't arm either for a while and it turned out to be that I had reverse the elevator.
The controls looked like they were moving in the right direction originally but then I noticed the F and B on the Elevator box and reversed it to match forward and backward which looked reversed after I had done it.
Try to move your sticks into opposite corners and it it arms then you need to reverse something, I figured it out accidentally.
Jun 05, 2015, 06:43 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuudogg

Equipment is:
HK Blue 30A ESCs
Orange 9ch - PWM

Outside:
Props still off.

Manual mode - no flash

Any ideas ?
If you connect to computer does your stick positions match mine
1 and 3 are down and in... 2 and 4 are down and out

If you have the IOC function ON move the end points of your TX so the slider is in the middle of each selection
Jun 05, 2015, 07:00 PM
Just got 3 flights in with my awkward flying deadcat and the Tarot ZYX-M. I've gotta say it did a pretty good job out of the box, stock settings. Tweaked pids a bit but just wanted to race it around and put it through its paces.

Overall I really like the flight controller. Setup was fairly easy other than my mistakes. I've got to remember to hit that write button in ZYX-M assistant. The PMU with dual outs both 5V and 12V is small and simple. GPS is more solid than any of my other birds. Got a lock fast and stayed dialed in. No toiletbowl or anything. Held both horizontal and vertical within 1/2 meter. In fact in didn't move vertically at all. Just sat there. Awesome. I used IOC. I never use IOC. It worked fine. Set failsafe to a switch and she came right back to me. I was also able to flip flight mode from GPS to ATTI a few times and took control back.

Flight controller is solid. Love that it is dark and metal. I can't make out the Channel lettering however. Looks like it wasn't printed on well or somebody used whiteout over top of it. Not a big deal. Had to refer to the PDF to map the channel to the port.

The LED leaves a little to be desired. Wish it were on more solid, instead of occasionally flashing. Sometimes the purple flash looks red to me. I kept bringing her back in a panic to check when I thought I saw red. However it seems like it spends most of its flight flashing yellow. I'll have to mess with the stage 1 Voltage calibration again. That LED is flashing yellow within seconds of the first pull out.

MicroUSB module housing leaves a bit to be desired. Just a cheap, clear, plastic shell on it. Mine popped apart after a flight. Stuck it back together but don't expect to be able to hang onto it for very long. Nothing a 3d printer can't fix. I might add a little weight by loom wrapping or heat shrinking a few of the cables. This from the guy who almost cut NAZA cables because they were too stiff and too long.

I hope Tarot keeps up with features, OSD, Bluetooth and firmware. It's a winner at the price regardless. Off to build the Tarot 810 Sport and a home for this ZYX-M.
Last edited by wuudogg; Jun 05, 2015 at 07:08 PM.
Jun 05, 2015, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale
If you connect to computer does your stick positions match mine
1 and 3 are down and in... 2 and 4 are down and out

If you have the IOC function ON move the end points of your TX so the slider is in the middle of each selection
D Dale. Thank you so much for replying. I finally got it. I thought everything was perfect. I went back into the Assistant and found I needed to reverse a few things. I must have forgotten to Write to FC. Thank you so much for trying to help ! She flies ! Great !
Jun 05, 2015, 07:03 PM

ZYX Software and hardware Problems

Unable to get the ZYX M Software to talk to the FC. Have the UART Driver on Com Port 14. Follow this Proceedure: Power on receiver, Launch Software, Plug in for connection. Hit Connect to no avail

I hope this in not another XAIRCRAFT Fiasco?! Made in China or Whatever. Hopefully there will be some response from Tarot?????????????

Also, FC does not recognize SBUS and SBUS2. I surmise this is due to the LACK OF CONNECTION TO THE FC thru the Software since you have to select the TX. Slow flashing Green LED ( Transmitter Failure.).

If you use PWM do get some repsonse (Conventional) . BUT, No Matter what i do Can NOT get rid of the Flashing red for the number of Satellites. NO METAL IN THE AREA.
Jun 05, 2015, 07:16 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore112
Unable to get the ZYX M Software to talk to the FC. Have the UART Driver on Com Port 14. Follow this Proceedure: Power on receiver, Launch Software, Plug in for connection. Hit Connect to no avail

I hope this in not another XAIRCRAFT Fiasco?! Made in China or Whatever. Hopefully there will be some response from Tarot?????????????

Also, FC does not recognize SBUS and SBUS2. I surmise this is due to the LACK OF CONNECTION TO THE FC thru the Software since you have to select the TX. Slow flashing Green LED ( Transmitter Failure.).

If you use PWM do get some repsonse (Conventional) . BUT, No Matter what i do Can NOT get rid of the Flashing red for the number of Satellites. NO METAL IN THE AREA.
Yes you can not use S-Bus until you connect via software...
Try right clicking the Tarot icon and OPEN as Administrator...
That has always been a problem with the other software (RCTimer Atlas)

You will have to get it connected and configure for your craft plus a Gyro calibration, Voltage protection so forth and so on!!

Once you do everything, make sure you click the Write button!!!
Jun 08, 2015, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
128$ Shipped from Banggood: http://j.mp/1KlfJ4m
Jun 08, 2015, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMaster
128$ Shipped from Banggood: http://j.mp/1KlfJ4m
Wow (nice price), $165 shipped to Canada from Banggood. May as well just get a Naza lite and flash to V2 at that price, only $20 more. With a $35 OSD your all set.

Still watching this with interest though.
Last edited by Muskoka1; Jun 08, 2015 at 04:13 PM.
Jun 08, 2015, 04:21 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskoka1
Wow (nice price), $165 shipped to Canada from Banggood. May as well just get a Naza lite and flash to V2 at that price, only $20 more. With a $35 OSD your all set.

Still watching this with interest though.
But what does it cost to ship a Naza Lite to you?
The only draw back is the Naza takes a few minutes to warm up (yellow flashing) till you can fly!!
But according to Tarot-rc.com free shipping!!! but then again your government will have it's hand out for the taxes!
Jun 08, 2015, 04:46 PM
Quote:
But what does it cost to ship a Naza Lite to you?
The only draw back is the Naza takes a few minutes to warm up (yellow flashing) till you can fly!!
But according to Tarot-rc.com free shipping!!! but then again your government will have it's hand out for the taxes!
Shipping is $6.57 for a Naza Lite from Banggood, $190 total, so $25 more than the Tarot. Can get the Tarot cheaper from other sources than Banggood though, just love how the Naza flies.

Wonder if those cheap Chinese, but excellent working OSD's for the Naza will work with the Tarot, have my doubts. I can't see the cable ends to see if there the same as the Naza. They work great with the Naza Lite. I'd consider buying one of these if those cheap OSD's worked.

Not worried about the "warmup" on Naza, well worth the few extra seconds. And it's only the first flight, after that it's ready to go in about 15-20 seconds.
Last edited by Muskoka1; Jun 08, 2015 at 04:52 PM.
Jun 08, 2015, 04:52 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Shipping is $6.57 for a Naza Lite from Banggood, $190 total, so $25 more than the Tarot. Can get the Tarot cheaper from other sources than Banggood though, just love how the Naza flies.

Wonder if those cheap Chinese, but excellent working OSD's for the Naza will work with the Tarot, have my doubts. They work great with the Naza Lite. I'd consider buying one of these if those cheap OSD's worked.

Not worried about the "warmup" on Naza, well worth the few extra seconds. And it's only the first flight, after that it's ready to go in about 15-20 seconds.

Nope they don't!! I tried!!!
I agree the Naza is a great all around flyer
Jun 08, 2015, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Nope they don't!! I tried!!!
I agree the Naza is a great all around flyer
Thanks for letting me know. It will be interesting to see what the OSD from Tarot will be like, provided they eventually provide one.

I've been using their ZYX-s on my helis (450,500,600) for a few years, they have nice products.
Jun 08, 2015, 05:44 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. It will be interesting to see what the OSD from Tarot will be like, provided they eventually provide one.

I've been using their ZYX-s on my helis (450,500,600) for a few years, they have nice products.
Well in the GUI you can configure a channel to control A or B video just like the DJI Mark II but thru the FC... scarey close to an A2..
Jun 09, 2015, 11:40 PM

Falcon F1 X8

Here's the Falcon F1 X8 flying with the ZYX... Copter specs: 715 mm wheelbase; custom cut CF plates; aluminum booms; DYS 4114 400 KV motors; HW Xrotor 40A ESCs; 14.55s on top and 13.65s on bottom; retracts; 3X 6S 5200s...

I've flown DJI, 3DR, NAZE, KK2 and X Aircraft controllers... And the Tarot is already one of my favorites. Amazing controller at any price.

ZYX-M flight test on Falcon F1 X8 (4 min 26 sec)

Quick Reply