Thread Tools
Oct 05, 2015, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Hi all. I'm in the process of installing my walkera g2d gimbal. Currently using sbus. Should i connect pitch and roll directly to fc aux1 and aux2?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2015, 10:02 PM
Registered User
Thanks Guys!

I'll be testing the Hexa soon and will pay attention to this issue.

When I flew the test quad with this Tarot I didn't notice any of these symptoms, BUT I never fly with the throttle so low. Most of my craft hover between 45% and 60% (heavy lifter loaded) throttle, so I never get near the "Danger Zone" unless I'm on the ground, so I don't suspect that I would normally run into this problem. Even in a solid decent I am never below 35% - 30% as a rule.

How are you guys flying at such low throttle settings anyway... unless you're really overpowered??

Thanks Again!!

Anthony
Oct 06, 2015, 12:08 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasondok View Post
Hi all. I'm in the process of installing my walkera g2d gimbal. Currently using sbus. Should i connect pitch and roll directly to fc aux1 and aux2?
There is no need to connect to the FC directly , unlike the Naza the S2 is just the same if you connect directly yo a rx unit... Aux 3 is for Landing Gear and S1 does nothing at this time!
Unless you do not have a an RX port then connect your Pitch to S2!
Oct 06, 2015, 12:12 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by questech View Post
Thanks Guys!

I'll be testing the Hexa soon and will pay attention to this issue.

When I flew the test quad with this Tarot I didn't notice any of these symptoms, BUT I never fly with the throttle so low. Most of my craft hover between 45% and 60% (heavy lifter loaded) throttle, so I never get near the "Danger Zone" unless I'm on the ground, so I don't suspect that I would normally run into this problem. Even in a solid decent I am never below 35% - 30% as a rule.

How are you guys flying at such low throttle settings anyway... unless you're really overpowered??

Thanks Again!!

Anthony
I think some are pushing the lower limit, they are trying descend faster than the 2m/s... plus you could be right overpowered!
You would be surprised how low you lower the throttle when flying!
Some have commented they never thought they were that low on throttle till their Taranis spoke up and said they were approaching 10%
Oct 06, 2015, 12:44 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by questech View Post
How are you guys flying at such low throttle settings anyway... unless you're really overpowered??
Well ... I think my "habit" comes from the mini quads ... I love coming "in" as if it is a troop carrier dropping the cargo in the danger zone...

almost gliding in and then use thrust to hit the brakes. Aside of this is looking pretty cool it brings your craft down in a good speed.

As D Dale already mentioned, it's possible to "fly" in almost no throttle ... the trick here is to let the FC balance the craft as it descends faster but controlled.

When talking about this with mini quads in mind ... yeah ... clearly overpowered But my AP hex is not intended to be a speedy racer ... 6s and 380kv Tarot motors with 1355 props mounted should more be like a cargo lifter ... I calculated the max lift to 9.6KG ...
Oct 06, 2015, 01:17 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiRaN View Post
Well ... I think my "habit" comes from the mini quads ... I love coming "in" as if it is a troop carrier dropping the cargo in the danger zone...

almost gliding in and then use thrust to hit the brakes. Aside of this is looking pretty cool it brings your craft down in a good speed.

As D Dale already mentioned, it's possible to "fly" in almost no throttle ... the trick here is to let the FC balance the craft as it descends faster but controlled.

When talking about this with mini quads in mind ... yeah ... clearly overpowered But my AP hex is not intended to be a speedy racer ... 6s and 380kv Tarot motors with 1355 props mounted should more be like a cargo lifter ... I calculated the max lift to 9.6KG ...
Also want to point one of their safety shut down motor is in the manual

②Intelligent Cut Off:
M Multi-rotors Flight Controller Assembly Section
Motor Cut Off Type differentiates according to different control modes.
A. In Manual Mode, only executing CSC will stop the motor.
B. In Attitude Mode/GPS Velocity Mode, any one of the following four conditions will stop the motor:
a. if you do not push throttle stick over 10 percent within 2 seconds, motor will stop automatically.
b. executing CSC.
c. the throttle stick is less than 10 percent, and landing successfully after 2 seconds.

d. tilt angle of aircraft is over 70 degree and the throttle stick is less than 10 percent.

C. In Autopilot Mode, any one of the following three conditions will stop the motor:
a. executing CSC.
b. the aircraft lands automatically after 2 seconds.

c. tilt angle of aircraft is over 70 degree and the throttle stick is less than 10 percent.
Oct 06, 2015, 04:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
Also want to point one of their safety shut down motor is in the manual

②Intelligent Cut Off:
M Multi-rotors Flight Controller Assembly Section
Motor Cut Off Type differentiates according to different control modes.
A. In Manual Mode, only executing CSC will stop the motor.
B. In Attitude Mode/GPS Velocity Mode, any one of the following four conditions will stop the motor:
a. if you do not push throttle stick over 10 percent within 2 seconds, motor will stop automatically.
b. executing CSC.
c. the throttle stick is less than 10 percent, and landing successfully after 2 seconds.

d. tilt angle of aircraft is over 70 degree and the throttle stick is less than 10 percent.

C. In Autopilot Mode, any one of the following three conditions will stop the motor:
a. executing CSC.
b. the aircraft lands automatically after 2 seconds.

c. tilt angle of aircraft is over 70 degree and the throttle stick is less than 10 percent.
Yeah ... I've been reading these lines over and over again just to find a clue on what went wrong.

The hex was perfectly leveled as the shutdown was initiated (by whatever throttle level) ... the angle can be crossed out on the list of possible reasons.

I guess, we can discuss for a long time about what is right and what ain't! As a matter of fact the ZYX-M shuts down although it is still airborne ... The only thing I would wish for is that the shutdown only can be initiated by a correct CSC ... nothing else

Until this or something better is programmed into a V1.02 it remains to be taken care of in the TX ...

As already stated I will check the behavior and make a video with it on my channel.
Oct 06, 2015, 05:57 AM
Registered User
Any udate on the Bluetooth module or remote gain tuning via knob on the transmitter?
Oct 06, 2015, 09:00 AM
Registered User
I have no Idea how to set this up with all the channel mapping etc. Someone please help!!! I just finished building my quad but now i dont get it to work as it should please!

The main things I want to set is 3 flight modes on one 3 way switch, failsafe on one switch that overwrites them all.

My landing skids on one switch

My return home on one switch...

Please help me!
Oct 06, 2015, 09:20 AM
OldOne FA3ALN7XX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedlund View Post
I have no Idea how to set this up with all the channel mapping etc. Someone please help!!! I just finished building my quad but now i dont get it to work as it should please!

The main things I want to set is 3 flight modes on one 3 way switch, failsafe on one switch that overwrites them all.

My landing skids on one switch

My return home on one switch...

Please help me!
We would need a little info to help properly.
What TX/RX?
How is the RX connected to the FC?
If Traditional/PWM what RX channels go to what FC inputs.
What channels do you have the switches assigned to in your TX?
Oct 06, 2015, 03:40 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
I think he maybe talking about the mixing of channels! It is a pain to set up. I used a youtube video for setting it up for DJI.
Oct 08, 2015, 11:15 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by svedlund View Post
I have no Idea how to set this up with all the channel mapping etc. Someone please help!!! I just finished building my quad but now i dont get it to work as it should please!

The main things I want to set is 3 flight modes on one 3 way switch, failsafe on one switch that overwrites them all.

My landing skids on one switch

My return home on one switch...

Please help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by losthislove67 View Post
We would need a little info to help properly.
What TX/RX?
How is the RX connected to the FC?
If Traditional/PWM what RX channels go to what FC inputs.
What channels do you have the switches assigned to in your TX?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I think he maybe talking about the mixing of channels! It is a pain to set up. I used a youtube video for setting it up for DJI.

You get this 911 type help me and then they disappear!!
Oct 08, 2015, 03:52 PM
Registered User
Hi D Dale,

thanks for testing the crashes with the ZYX-M. Throttle less than 20% might be a reason for the crash. In a German Tarot User Forum we discuss the same crashes. The less throttle (in intelligent mode) could be also a reason for some crashes. But 2 users reports other situations: One user had a engine cut off while hovering, another user reports uncontrolled rising, stagger and then switch off the engine.

Sounds, there is a general problem with the FC?
volu
Oct 08, 2015, 04:06 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
could be, but most people getting these units go cheap. As in $10 speed controllers-$10 motors.
Oct 08, 2015, 04:31 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by volu View Post
Hi D Dale,

thanks for testing the crashes with the ZYX-M. Throttle less than 20% might be a reason for the crash. In a German Tarot User Forum we discuss the same crashes. The less throttle (in intelligent mode) could be also a reason for some crashes. But 2 users reports other situations: One user had a engine cut off while hovering, another user reports uncontrolled rising, stagger and then switch off the engine.

Sounds, there is a general problem with the FC?
volu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
could be, but most people getting these units go cheap. As in $10 speed controllers-$10 motors.
Thanks for the update from Germany!!

Before I would declare the FC bad... there is many variables with dropping out of the sky at a hover, 1. bad PMU or loose connection to the FC, 2. bad solder joint on PMU, 3. bad ESC that shorts for second and takes the rest out( had this happen to me on my Wookong on a Arris M680) 4. bad solder joint on main power cable or battery!

All of my test I was able to restart the motors, someone here I think hit it right on the head... OVERPOWERED craft...My F550 is lite with an E800 system and it only takes 38% throttle to hover in manual.... so when the FC manages the throttle range and then we try to throttle down, IMO the fc can not handle this... this has happened once on a test flight with a Naza FC!!! but once I loaded it up and it took 50 to 60% throttle to lift off I never had a problem!!
On my TBS with 920kv motors and running a little heavy, takes 60% throttle to lift off I have not had as many motor off problems on descend, that I have had with the F550 with big @$$ motors


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools