Jun 02, 2015, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus10 View Post
i try in open area 8 min, between small house 25 min!
I'm in Europe is there any difference ?
I live in UK and last sunday it took about 11min to my naza m lite to lock gps!!

Im starting my tarot 680 pro build and looking for a good , cheap FC to use on s-bus and dji controller and receiver
My options :
Tarot ZYX-M
Pixhawk
Apm
Naza M

Which one to chose ??
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piotreknik View Post
I live in UK and last sunday it took about 11min to my naza m lite to lock gps!!

Im starting my tarot 680 pro build and looking for a good , cheap FC
My options :
Tarot ZYX-M
Pixhawk
Apm
Naza M

Which one to chose ??
Depends on what you want to be able to do with it I suppose, but to narrow it down;

APM - no longer supported by software developers
Naza M - Too many fly aways

That leaves the Pixhawk or Tarot - the pixhawk (even the clones) are twice the price of the Tarot, even before you buy the GPS etc for it.

The downer with the Tarot is that we do not know what price the OSD will be when it comes out (supposedly later this month) or what functionality the APP will give us, nor if any other equipment is needed to use it.

I bought the Tarot anyway.
Jun 02, 2015, 11:09 AM
There is this stupid rumor about DJi flyaways - I have had x5 dji naza's for two years now: M, lite and V2 without any problems at all. The Naza Lite with V2 firmware I recommend to you. Look at Ebay.com for good prices on Naza Lite + GPS. Or buy a clone GPS 8M instead , better than original and cheaper.
Jun 02, 2015, 11:53 AM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
There is this stupid rumor about DJi flyaways - I have had x5 dji naza's for two years now: M, lite and V2 without any problems at all. The Naza Lite with V2 firmware I recommend to you. Look at Ebay.com for good prices on Naza Lite + GPS. Or buy a clone GPS 8M instead , better than original and cheaper.
Same here!!!
they all have their chances of a flyaway... I for one have a Vector and have had more problems with it than my Naza Lite!! The Vector had a wild RTH flew west then north then west then home... I guess it was site seeing while it was coming home

I have seen a Pixhawk flyaway... well flyaway then fly in to the ground

I want to try the GPS 8M... Have you tried it yet?

The Tarot is showing some good results... does a lot of what the DJI A2 can do except waypoints! if they would just hurry up with the OSD, Hate putting 3rd and 4th party OSD and cluttering up the craft!!
Jun 02, 2015, 12:16 PM
Fly aways on DJI naza are not stupid rumors or bad users. Its all down to bad luck!!!!!! if you have not had one good for you! I have had 3 and lost one machine due to this! I work for a UAV compnay and we have more then 20 machines we use. So far wookong is the best we use. But have had compass and GPS issues on those! knowing how to pilot in manual is a MUST if you use DJI products. If you say i have never had a fly away great for you. But many of us have and do not trust a DJI FC. I have a pixhawk i do some tests on but it has its flaws also! So wookong for now and maybe Tarot if the tests and hours of flight prooves its the bomb.

But reading people say never had a flyaway etc. wait your day will come!!!
Jun 02, 2015, 12:51 PM
I had flyaway on my first test fly with naza m lite - and mainly becouce of my folt - not waiting long enough for all gps satelite lock . Leter I updated naza late to V2 software and it works a lot better for me now , I lern how to fly in full manual mode . I sill like dji dt7 controller ( please don't kill me for that) - I know it's very limited , but it's good for me . I was thinking about pixhawk on goodluckbuy.com you can get all set for 170$ . But I don't like the mess with the cables in the pixhawk . My main concern are price , clean instalation , and no flyways ! As I own naza m lite I may stick to it at the moment , and will wait for more reviews about tarot
Jun 02, 2015, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
I want to try the GPS 8M... Have you tried it yet?

I have been waiting for it for about 4 weeks now.... with GLB it is sometimes win or lose....
Jun 02, 2015, 01:01 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3style View Post
Fly aways on DJI naza are not stupid rumors or bad users. Its all down to bad luck!!!!!! if you have not had one good for you! I have had 3 and lost one machine due to this! I work for a UAV compnay and we have more then 20 machines we use. So far wookong is the best we use. But have had compass and GPS issues on those! knowing how to pilot in manual is a MUST if you use DJI products. If you say i have never had a fly away great for you. But many of us have and do not trust a DJI FC. I have a pixhawk i do some tests on but it has its flaws also! So wookong for now and maybe Tarot if the tests and hours of flight prooves its the bomb.

I (we) have never experienced it!!! but to say "your day will come" is something I would never wish on anyone!!
I have a Wookong FC and I love it... but when a controller loses its mind not even manual will help... GPS or Gyro problem it will save your butt... but also dumping the throttle...
Jun 02, 2015, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3style View Post

Thats not very kind of you ....

Maybe, maybe not - you got to know its limitation. Many flyaways are pilot error.
Naza's, as all FC, have had flyaways and these are mainly sold to beginners and sold many many thousands of them, more than any other FC so of course there are more problems. This is not me trying to defend DJI, I am NOT, I had one of the very first Wookong's and had huge problems getting it to work so I am not a fan boy of DJI....
Sorry to hear about your problems but I hope the Wookong will work better for you, it didnt for me.
Jun 02, 2015, 01:06 PM
I actually was thinking of getting a WKM about a year ago but the "death of flip" made me chose the Naza V2 instead - now back to Tarot FC.
Jun 02, 2015, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
I actually was thinking of getting a WKM about a year ago but the "death of flip" made me chose the Naza V2 instead - now back to Tarot FC.
News about tarot Zyx-M
A receiver initialization error ?!!!! green light blink, the tx was in 1 meter. i power on 2 times and it's work.
the gps issue is stilllllllllll 15 min today and only and
Jun 02, 2015, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
Well if they had them in stock they ship FAST!!!!!
I ordered a second one and got an email back on 23rd saying they were out of stock and it would be 10 to 15 days.... 4 days later I found one at Arris Hobby... asked for a refund, they replied saying stock in tomorrow.... that was 6 days ago.... have been begging for a refund... NOW they won't even answer emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is pretty good FC!! does a lot!! Easy to setup!!! suppose to be coming out with OSD... yeah heard this song and dance before!!!
That is why I hate ordering from any overseas supplier.
J
Jun 02, 2015, 02:23 PM
Ok, question for you all.
I have been flying my Naza Mv2 for over a year now. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I don't trust it at all. About acquiring satellites, It takes about a minute or two to get a flashing green light when on gps mode. What if one were to fly in only atti mode? Would you then need satellite acquisition? I have never started in atti mode, I have only started up in gps mode then switched to atti mode.
J
Jun 02, 2015, 03:18 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff reeves View Post
Ok, question for you all.
I have been flying my Naza Mv2 for over a year now. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I don't trust it at all. About acquiring satellites, It takes about a minute or two to get a flashing green light when on gps mode. What if one were to fly in only atti mode? Would you then need satellite acquisition? I have never started in atti mode, I have only started up in gps mode then switched to atti mode.
J
Yes you can!! except do not expect to come home when you flip to rth... it will log somewhere over where you are flying when it does acquire enough sats!!
if you paln on doing nothing but ATTi flying then disconnect the GPS so it will not set a bad home position!

the only time mine V2 and V1 or lite take over a minute is if has not been turned on for several weeks or being blocked by trees and shrubs!!
Jun 02, 2015, 03:19 PM
Zero Cash Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff reeves View Post
That is why I hate ordering from any overseas supplier.
J
Damn thing is tho.. the first one I bought... got it in 4 days!!!!!!

Quick Reply