to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:25 PM
Boss248
Boss248
Wow...you shocked it too...they lookg good. How does it fly compared to the std. plane..?

Ha Tim...Part 13...you da man...!!

Boss
Old Jun 13, 2004, 12:41 PM
Find More Posts by ldammann
Boss
Haven't flown it yet. I have never built a plane with the CF tube. I always shock them so I can't compare. I have found that if you run the fuse all the way back and put the horizontal stabilizer on top, the tail is a lot stiffer.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by dsBeliever
I fly, therefore...
Last edited by dsBeliever; Jun 13, 2004 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Double post
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:15 PM
Find More Posts by dsBeliever
I fly, therefore...
Idammann-

I'm going to use a cruciform fuse on my next 3DX. I had thought about mounting the horisontal stab just like you show. Do you have any idea if it will introduce any roll coupling? Also, do you tab your vertical fuse parts or just cut a slot?

Tim,

Congrats on v13
Old Jun 13, 2004, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Electric since 1990
Anyone tried the carbon fiber tubes and the shocked one on the 3DX?
Wondered if there is a big difference. I assume you don't the the tubes if you shock it? I've built 4 with the tubes, maybe I should switch. I find no fault with the ones I've built. I love them. Actually the first one is mine, and I built 3 for friends.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 03:21 PM
dsBeliever
Sorry, I'm a rookie to 3d flying. Wouldn't know a roll coupling if I crashed into it.
Maybe one of the more experienced flyers can answer.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by TanTzu
UB 30 inches doing it's best --- hovering ....
Old Jun 13, 2004, 07:18 PM
dsBeliever
I do the slots.
Like this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2&page=7&pp=15
Old Jun 14, 2004, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by Brazilnut
ProBro 2174
Maiden my 3DX Saturday, hand launched it and it went out crazy, cut the motor and managed to land with no harm to it. Found that the elevator servo gears where ripped off.
Servos are Waypoint 9gr.
End of flight.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 08:51 AM
Find More Posts by Really Ugly Sti
Really Ugly Stick!!
i use tubes in mine. my current 3DX has enlarged surfaces (about 3/4" bigger than plans) and flies great at slow speeds. it has many more flights than i can possibly remember and the foam is getting a little soft towards the tail. when i do torque rolls it performs flawlessly, but rolls at speed (what you might consider "normal" rolls) tend to twist the tail pretty good. the faster i go, the more it twists. it isn't really a problem, though. you might call it "synchronized rolls". my knife edge skill is still being developed, but when i get a good KE going, it flies straight and true. it only requires a breath of rudder. if i add more, it starts to couple pretty good (probably due to the twisting) and immediatly goes into a KE loop.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by JetTech
more power=almost enough

Finally got some photos

Hi guys,

Hope you don't mind me piping in here. I finally had someone with me that could take some photos. Here is one of my foamy factry extra planes.